It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to NRA: strip "watch listed" people of their 2A rights.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

"Don't assume... they're nuts"

You need a mirror.

I've always believed that terrorists and felons should not be armed.

I've always been behind extensive background checks and a ban on fully automatic weapons.

I think for myself, unlike most liberals and SJWs I deal with.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nope, I'm saying that not allowing people suspected of being terrorists to purchase firearms is a good idea.

After deleting your nasty and useless retort, we can focus on the point of your post. In any case, it wasn't until Trump said it that this suddenly became a good idea to you. I've seen you in 2nd amendment threads, so don't pretend like you've been the choir boy for this idea before he said anything. Your hypocrisy on this is so very apparent. And now you are attacking me because I hit the nail on the head.

Hillary and Obama (along with most of the Democrats) are for this very same plan, yet you are sitting here yelling about how they are coming for all your guns. These are YOUR words:

The right actually accepts the FACT that we have Islamic terrorists in this country.

The left seems to thing the best way to fight terrorism is to disarm the citizens and take down a flag.

This is your hypocrisy.
edit on 15-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

McCarthy would have penalised people on 'watch lists' so maybe the Liberal/Conservative dividing line isn't as clear-cut as people like to think?

Watch-lists can be generated by unfounded allegations. They're historically favoured by Totalitarians and those folk exist across the political spectrum.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So Trump wants to deny the millions of US citizens who are on the no-fly list of their 2nd amendment rights.

Does he know many of them are US veterans? Of course he does he would have to be an idiot to not know.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

You know who else shouldn't be armed?

Mexican drug gangs.

But the Members of the cult of Obama never want to talk about that debacle.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Millions of US citizens?

Source?

( I know you just made that up, so you won't be able to find a source)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I don't need I mirror, I know how astonishing I look and it's not relevant.

The people I'm speaking of are nuts.

The ones all over the Democrats hounding people in gangs on the boards claiming the "Constitution is being eroded" and that the "2nd amendment is under attack" from the "libtards" as you so politely put it.(talk about mirrors)

Anyways, as Krazy said, I've seen you and others frothing at the mount over Hillary saying this exact same thing and now you wish to portray yourself as a beacon for progressive thought...

Whatever, Abe.
edit on 15-6-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

edit on 15-6-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You should read up on Operation Wide Receiver.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Of course Trump is saying this.

If anyone thinks he is going to do any better a job of protecting our rights than the Democrats' witch, they are dreaming.

He has continously told us how he will curtail our rights. Sycophants will act like he wasn't really claiming the things he was when he wanted to "open up libel laws" or increase domestic surveillance or now this watch list garbage.

When it is as easy to take someone's rights as adding them to a list with no due process to put them on and no due process to get their name removed, we are in trouble. Do you supporters of this crud realize the kinds of people that are ALREADY on that list that shouldn't be on there?

It's a joke. This wasn't a good idea when Obama proposed it, it wasn't a good idea when Hillary proposed it and it still isn't after Trump proposes it.

They all were made for eachother.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Let me re-iterate my "nasty and useless retort"

You claim a political party stated that all veterans were crazy and anyone that wants to own a gun is insane.- Care to back that up with a source? Or did you just make that up?

You said " you are sitting here yelling about how they are coming for all your guns" please link me to that post I made or admit you're lying.

ISLAMIC TERRORISM is a major problem in the world. FACT.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

McCarthy would have penalised people on 'watch lists' so maybe the Liberal/Conservative dividing line isn't as clear-cut as people like to think?

Watch-lists can be generated by unfounded allegations. They're historically favoured by Totalitarians and those folk exist across the political spectrum.

Yeah I refuse to agree to this idea until there is some significant federal oversight placed over who gets put on and taken off of the watch list. At the moment it is FAR too easy to be put on it for mistakes or other silly reasons.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You should read up on OPERATION FAST AND FURIOUS.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Let me re-iterate my "nasty and useless retort"

You claim a political party stated that all veterans were crazy and anyone that wants to own a gun is insane.- Care to back that up with a source? Or did you just make that up?

I didn't claim any of this, so why are you inventing a strawman about me? Plus a political party cannot say that. A member of the political party can say that, but you as well as I know that no man can speak for the entire party.

You said " you are sitting here yelling about how they are coming for all your guns" please link me to that post I made or admit you're lying.

Already did.

ISLAMIC TERRORISM is a major problem in the world. FACT.

Fact. You are also trying to strip Americans of their first Amendment right by specifically targeting the Muslim religion. It's funny. You think it is ok to remove someone's 2nd Amendment right minus Due Process (5th Amendment) because you wish to violate the freedom of religion clause of the 1st Amendment and profile Muslims.

Though I'm sure that non-Muslims aren't ok to have their 2nd Amendment rights stripped in your book. Even if they wind up on the watch list.
edit on 15-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You've seen ME frothing at the mouth when Hillary said the same thing?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

We have two problems in the US.

We have an Islamic Terror problem and an apologist idiot problem.

I would go farther and prevent any non citizen from owning a firearm.

Non citizens are not necessarily under the Bill of Rights.

Taking away guns from people who appear on a terror list that anyone could be put on for anything, has no oversight, and no recourse, is unconstitutional. What happens when people get put on there for differing political views?? However, those that pledge allegiance to ISIS or another foreign country can be stripped of their citizenship and deported, and therefor won't have a firearm in America. Any kind of planning or statement of intent of killing people is also illegal, and they can be arrested.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This can be fine if it is done properly. These watch lists should have lots of transparency. Basically, anyone in the general public should have access to them.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You should read up on OPERATION FAST AND FURIOUS.

My operation came first mate. Way to miss the boat from the pier.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

No you didn't, you are lying. I never said that and you certainly didn't link it.

Hey remember when you said you enjoyed having sex with farm animals?

I already linked that post you made where you said that.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
After reading the article I think this is falling into the same trap that progressives pulled when they acted like they didn't know the difference between an immigrant attempting to gain citizenship and an illegal immigrant.

He did say restrict the gun purchasing rights of those on the terror watch list and no fly list, but he also references the issues of people wrongfully being put on the list and making sure due process is taking place in each instance.

The people wrongfully being on the list seems to be the only thing people have any reason to be against what Trump said here. So I guess it comes down to whether you believe due process will in fact take place.

Honestly I hardly see this as a 2nd amendment issue as those who would be losing their guns (Outside of the wrong name on the list thing ) would all be people who are known terrorists.

This all hinges of course on the "wrongful name" issue to be fixed in an efficient way and it's certainly a slippery slope.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The difference is that administration wasn't simultaniously trying to disarm the populace and didn't result in the deaths of US law enforcement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join