It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro 2016 - General Discussion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Iceland did themselves proud throughout this tournament, but France were too classy for them at this stage.

However, France look vulnerable at the back, particularly on set pieces.

Interesting semi finals.

I predict Wales v France final.

Or a Portugal v Germany final.

Or a Portugal v France final.

Or a Wales v Germany final.

I would like like to see the first to be honest.
edit on 3/7/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Long as that small time mentality beep lolaldo goes out I'm good. Wales would be a fun and inspirin winners. Been a Gunner since Wenger took over so I've always had love for the French But the germans have been so incredibly good in recent history....so to me, anybody but lolaldo.

EDIT TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT US!! WE DID GREAT! Just think, 6-7 years ago we lost to the Faroe Islands and Lichenstein which put us to nr. 133 on that dreadful list. The chances of me witnessing my team on tournament like this were impossible. But when you think about it, even the word impossible hints at greater things because if you REALLY look at it it's only saying "I'm possible" and that's exactly what happened. Here we are, the Icelandic nation...reaching the QUARTER FINALS of the Euros. Going further than that Croatian side which knocked us out in the playoffs games to reach the world cup two and a half years ago. WE ALSO GOT FURTHER THAN SPAIN! Just imagine that...oh yeah and we knocked ENGLAND OUT! We sent them home packing. You know what THEIR scout (and epically aweome manager Gary Neville) did when he realized they were facing us? HE JUMPED UP AND LAUGHED!! Instead of y'know...scouting! He lol'd. Then they decided to have former england who only scored then stopped scoring but was such a big name they couldn't drop him so they put him on the middle to squeeze him in somewhere guard our guy who had the most assists. YUP! Rooney got given a defensive job. WE THE VIKINGS WILL BE BACK. Bigger and badder than ever. With a whole lot of experience. Now we know how to win the qualifications groups and come back so expect us next world cup. It aint gonna be easy but the easy way isn't in our DNA. We reached modern time waaaaayyy after most of you guys in here. The battle is in our blood and we stole most of your beautiful women back n the day...sorry'bout that!

edit on VAmerica/ChicagoMon, 04 Jul 2016 23:34:27 -050027America/Chicago by Verse because: (no reason given)

edit on VAmerica/ChicagoMon, 04 Jul 2016 23:35:12 -050012America/Chicago by Verse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Verse

Just... don't get too excited and forget to keep an eye out on those volcanoes, they can be a bit of a nuisance with all the lava and ash and flight disruptions.
And please keep the fermented fish.

But otherwise, congratulations! Fantastic supporters as well, I loved that 'geyser sound' clapping thing.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

HAHA THANKS A LOT!! The volcanoes work in our favor though. One big went off and stopped all air-traffic in europe when the financial collapse happened and the British declared us terrorists. The volcano might get Ronaldo if he attempts to say anything slick about us in the future..other than that we're pretty good. The fans in France were truly amazing, the viking clap and the "HÚH!" sound was awesome.
I'm already looking at the qualifications for the World Cup which starts in 2 months. We're in a group with Croatia, Ukraine, Finland, Turkey & Kosovo. Going to be interesting because we play Croatia AND Ukraine away in the first 4 games and those two games will be played behind closed doors thanks to stupid decisions by their fans. Their fans are LOUD so this definitely gives us a better chance.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wales Portugal!
I say, it will be a long night, Wales will score Portugal comes back 89th minute and penalties with Portugal winning.

I bet

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Wales Portugal!
I say, it will be a long night, Wales will score Portugal comes back 89th minute and penalties with Portugal winning.

I bet

I wonder if we will have live comments on each goal tonight again

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

And I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

And I was wrong.

It ain't over until the fat whale is singing

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well thats that. No chance now, thought we might have had a chance, still proud to be welsh, boys did good, better team has won tho

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Wales is not singing

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

edit on 3103America/Chicago0620162016-07-06T15:24:18-05:00312016Wed, 06 Jul 2016 15:24:18 -050018 by thedoctorswife because: Dble

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Anybody gonna post the score? From the comments it does not bode well for Wales.

Some us are here at work and lurking when we can!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

2-0 Portugal

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Gutted, truly gutted. I’ve lost interest now, bai.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
After seeing The Welsh Players celebrating England being knocked out the tournament, all i can say is.

Jobs's a good 'un.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Unlucky you Welsh folk , your team and fans did you proud at this event

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well done Wales, like Iceland they can go home proud, they were unlucky that Ronaldo (and the team as a whole) finally found his game in this championship after just barely getting by for so long.
Now personally I'd like them to win it, from what I gather Portugal will be playing at home if they play vs Germany as France has one of the largest Portuguese immigrant communities.
Either way, it's been an entertaining enough and surprising tournament.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
OMG, Germany plays with Müller as only striker. That's the top misser of this tournament vs three of the best offence players...
No Hummels, so one could say the match was decided before it starts.
I hope Boateng and Özil are in great shape, but this will be a very tough match.
Adieu le bleu?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Schade Deutschland - alles ist vorbei

Didn't look like it in the first half

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Germany did their best impression of England tonight.

You really don't want us to leave, do you?

Well played France, Bon Chance for the final.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join