It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House committee votes to censure IRS commissioner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has voted to censure IRS Commissioner John Koskinen.

Evidently, The Commissioner lied to a Committee about (now famous) Lois Lerner.

Part of the "punishment" would be taking away his government pension.

This guy Koskinen sure turned out to be a real fumble-flop didn't he.

House committee votes to censure IRS commissioner

A House committee passed a resolution Wednesday to condemn and censure IRS Commissioner John Koskinen.

On a partisan 23-15 vote, the GOP-led House Oversight and Government Reform Committee moved to deny Koskinen his government pension and get him out of office.

Spearheaded by chair Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), Republicans say Koskinen lied to Congress about ex-employee Lois Lerner and allowed key email evidence to be destroyed in an investigation of how the IRS targeted conservative groups.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
if he were a private citizen, it'd be called "racketeering" and "conspiracy".

RICO doesn't apply if you have a badge.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A showing of ignorance is not bliss... thats why theres a big difference between computer user and computer educated.

These previous generations werent raised on computers so they are pretty ignorant of how they work, even though they can operate one... doesnt mean they know what they are doing with them.

So apparently, the digital age is starting to really bite all the corruption and obsfucation right in the ass... from Hillarys email debacle to this.

Theres basically a huge dividing line in technology... the 12:00 noon digital clock seems to be to it between; who get called Gen X and those termed Boomers born right before or after WW2... when that tech of pressing a button and then changing a clock on an alarm, VCR, or microwave got to be too complicated... it was already game over.

That doesnt mean people now know any more or less. The Gen X were teethed on the digital, and the Y's we weaned on it, and the current M's were concieved into it.

If one wants to stay learning and growing... with their finger on the pulse of life and whats going on, such ignorance bubbles to stasis in... is unacceptable to keep progression going. At that point its kinda time to throw in the towel and accept there are limitations to what you know, when handing it over to the next generation; as it has become too much to learn too soon... like a video game where youve almost got all the quests complete and then the designer releases 5 to 10 new quests; all ready adding to the burden when you thought you were at the end... and then it starts running way ahead of you in evolution. So it becomes sit down and reflect on what mistakes one has made to screw everyone else in selfishness and trying to hide it as an adult still acting like a child with no personal responsibility which is de-evolution.

All this transparency has what word in it? Parency, so it should be apparent that; with technology the way it is? Unless you avoid it entirely... everything you digitally do will be seen... whether it is from those trying to hide it; to those hacking it; for good or nefarious reasons. Snowden: Well many think the exposing he did; tore down the 21st century digital wall... Obama was calling for transparency, was he not? Careful what you wish for? Who knows if someone will; take you literal or figurative, or what position they have to do so.

The silliness is of course, people trying to hide; their digital lives... it isnt like the old days of: burn or shred the papers... so the denibility; is never plausible, theres at least 3 copies of every single thing youve digitally done; somewhere at any given time... so deleting? Is like trying to clean up a crime scene with more blood... it wont work.

So congratulations everyone; that has hung themselves in the digital noose... I suppose; ignorant that we always supply the correct amount of rope... when acting; in such a nefarious manner, not too short, and not too long... its always just right.

So; what have you done to someone lately? Is no longer a question, in the digital world... as people already know. So when someone asks; and already knows? That deniability... is no longer plausible. Its obvious that; no group or ideology, is going to sheild people from actions like they used to. Since the world has moved into personal resonsibility... thanks to the digital age and the disire of well; peole want to know what youre doing for what? Security: National and worldwide.

Of course; those fearing such a thing... are calling for internet kill switches etc. in a big cover all our/their asses; because we as a species... cant seem to handle personal responsibility, and well thats a big ol generalization, because a lot of us can and do without any need to; cover our asses or pretend, nor hide behind some group for justification for our actions.

As they say... in the interwebs or cyberspace or right where you are right now... good luck with that, yeah its said in real life too; but often not in irony like online.

Cheers and mod speed.

edit on 15-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp. and clarity

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

boolean algebra. i think that is the main dividing line.

even more, people steeped in boolean logic think differently than people who are not. i am an employer in a market that is bereft of boolean logic. its the manna i keep searching for. just someone who has a firm grasp on BASIC programming, or a passing knowledge of VB.

If you understand boolean algebra, you "get" computing. It really is that simple.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You mean visual basic? Or Verbose with VB? Well there are many programming languages these days that are what code to do you need then it is plugged in like an applet and then compiled... so its like chunks of prewritten code.

Ive done the line by line of many program languages... and well searching for that extra space, or tiny little syntax through 100s or thousands of lines takes quite a bit of patience and focus... so whether we know it or not... technology has been teaching us meditation... as any distraction can mean hope you placed your cursor in a place to keep track like a book mark and that it didnt add a space on moving it so mindfulness is the practice in that whether one realizes it or not.

Kinda like the old joke... whats the difference between C and C+ well everywhere you see C now add a +.

But it has gotten so far advanced... that young adults and kids are digging into old stuff and appreciating it... so if someone thinks basic or VB if that is what you meant is too antiquated? Its not. Been too long since I've; if then elsed in lines of 10, 20, 30... but I rather enjoyed it at the time... enough to make a starwars screen with the digital darkside song at one time with a death star etc took freaking hours and hours on that sweet green screen text I still prefer over amber and customize my computer text with to this day

If that was a slightly vieled hey if youre looking? I really appreciate the thought... Ive got way more business than I can currently handle or even know what to do with, knowing I likely wont have time is why I dish free inventions online from time to time at random... better someone ut the idea to use because hey, I may never get around to it and if benfit to the world? Why not... they arent that difficult to come by as people try to make it boolean algebra when letters is a no go beyond find X. Although with people these days thats more like stalk X online than finding it...

Humorous but pretty sad at the same time.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

BASIC is antiquated. But its the best "beginners" language i have found. Learning BASIC in junior high gave me the foundation to figure out VB on my own.

But the way it teaches you to think. Its a core of logic functions that I think people miss out on by not learning.

BTW, VB is meant to be visual basic. if i could find someone who knew just the basics of VB coding in my local market....

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

boolean algebra. i think that is the main dividing line.

even more, people steeped in boolean logic think differently than people who are not. i am an employer in a market that is bereft of boolean logic. its the manna i keep searching for. just someone who has a firm grasp on BASIC programming, or a passing knowledge of VB.

If you understand boolean algebra, you "get" computing. It really is that simple.

Ahhhhh, remember the 80's ;-) 6502's, 6800's, 8080's, there were so many, pretty much had to write everything in asm. I miss those days of compact and efficient code. But time marches on, never liked basic much. APL, Lisp and Prolog were eventually the tools I would work with, Prolog the most, I preferred the logistics of the predicate structures. I even designed a little plc that used a boolean programming interface but that was using a TI 7000 series processor, all the code was written in assembly lol. I still have all my old emulators including a TI xd-22 & 32 which I won in a bet with TI when I cracked the 7500 encryption processor (so I could dump the code on the original Macom videocypher). General instruments was pissed with me ;-)

You're right, people who code think differently, I just don't know if it's genetic or learned, maybe a bit of both.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/15.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I didnt go so far as visual just regular already knew it so stoing to pick that up seemed a time waster at the time... but its simple logic... as you know and GIGO or garbage in garbage out in the old text games like: "What you expected didnt happen" sort of thing... Im pretty sure theres some self taught savys out there... so put out a word on like CL seeking VB nerd that loves coding. After growing up Atari that blocky is an eye sore but think of minecraft... its like Adventure Construction Set all over again... but hey stuff has always gotten recycled when peole can appreciate something from it. Of course marketing stregists are like arg whats next I cant even and well thats also a part of keeing up in the now... I admit I am behind in some respects but Im not trying to lay a game of hide my ass, I readily admit I am one... and agree to disagree is ones choice to make if the topic is mine and not someones that has been so exposed so much already in a; she who shall not be named fashion.

Sorry for the derail; Author to the OP.

But it speaks in line with how upgrades are important to life and to never stop learning even if you are a shady bastard or bastett.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Audit him for the rest of his life.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Audit him for the rest of his life.

And make him write ..

"I will never lie again" 200 times a day for 1 year on a chalkboard.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's it?
Nobody is going to jail?
What about Lerner?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: xuenchen

That's it?
Nobody is going to jail?
What about Lerner?

For now.

This was only a Committee vote.

I bet they get the whole House to hold this guy in Contempt.

Just like Holder.

And Lois is already in Contempt of Congress.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

I'd still like to see such senior folks made a glaring example of by being keel hauled under the USS Ronald Reagan.

Might give their successors a bit more pause in their rush to corruption, tyranny and cash.

Now where do I find a measurement on a coffee machine . . .
edit on 15/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added crypto msg

top topics

join