It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats currently holding Filibuster to take away your gun rights

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Exaggeration is a tool of the desperate, when logic and reason fail -- appeals to emotions via exaggeration and grandiose imagery and claims are all that remain...

Yes we are all too aware of leftist exaggerations. Assault weapons shooting hundreds of rounds in less than 10 seconds, somehow lying on the street for anyone to find, guns how loopholes that don't exist, legislating the vagina, rights to health care and marriage... that's all liberals really have. Lies, false narratives, exaggeration.
edit on 15-6-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

People really don't see the seriousness of this unfortunately.

No they don't.

All they want is feel good legislation at the expense of the majority that does nothing wrong.

They really don't care about their own rights or the rights of anyone else.

I am too lazy to type this out again so I am just going to link it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Silly autopsies anyways, who needs em!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Yes, exaggeration EXACTLY.

I fully expect that conservatives will drop the "transgender are a risk to public safety in our bathrooms" nonsense?

Hmm?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: matafuchs

GODDAMMIT METAFUCHS your title is a bald-faced LIE.

A Democratic senator on Wednesday launched a filibuster to force a vote on gun control legislation three days after 49 people were killed at a nightclub in Orlando, Florida, in the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy said he would remain on the Senate floor "until we get some signal, some sign that we can come together," as he also evoked the Newtown school shooting in his state in 2012. His plea came as presumptive Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he would meet with the National Rifle Association about the terror watch list and gun purchases.

ABOUT THE TERROR WATCH LIST and allowing people who were once on it to BUY GUNS.
NO-FLY people are allowed to BUY GUNS.

THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE PUSHING

Not "taking away your guns." Jesus you people never stop with the lies, do you????

They want a consensus on SOME FORM of control over who is allowed to buy guns......
PERIOD.

I think most people would be absolutely, 100% OK with this if it could be done properly with transparency

The problem is.. who is put on the list, how are they put on the list, and what kind of oversight goes into that? Do I have public access to this list to make sure there is accountability?

You are not counting on the inevitable corruption to come from this.

They aren't trying to stop terrorists from getting guns. They are trying to make secret lists of citizens they want to take power from. Do you not realize the damage that can be done with these type of procedures?
edit on 15-6-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: matafuchs

What a load of crap. Paranoid sensationalist Glenn Beck CRAP.

No one is trying to take your guns!!!!!!!!!!!! Why, day after day, do you all keep up with the lies and exaggerations???

because it works with these right-wingers. make hyperbolic false statements, rinse, and repeat.

You mean like 'gun violence''Mass shooting' and 'assault' weapon.

And IGNORE over 80 years of the LEFT WINGS gun control legislation.

so tell me, who took your guns? the left wing TOOK ALL YOUR GUNS????....wow!!!

1...was this a mass shooting?....yes
2...was this gun violence....yes
3...did he use an assault weapon...yes
so, why do you think he DIDN'T use a shotgun?.....or a deer rifle?...why do you think he bought, and used that type of weapon?....I guess he kinda knew that he could kill a lot more people, than with the other weapons for sale.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I fully expect that conservatives will drop the "transgender are a risk to public safety in our bathrooms" nonsense?

Hmm?

There's more political trolling.

Funny how liberals that don't even know what the word means go around calling for gun bans, when they go around arming OTHER PEOPLE from other countries.

However when in Rome.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

so tell me, who took your guns? the left wing TOOK ALL YOUR GUNS????....wow!!!

National Firearms Act 1934 FDR.

Gun Control Act of 1968 Johnson

ASWB 1993 CLinton.

Brady Handgun Prevention Act 1993 a special day in American history the first time in over 225 years Americans had to ask the STATES permission before they could practice their RIGHT. CLinton.

FeinStein's FAILED ASWB.

Operation Choke Point.

Operation Sandy Hook.

Operation Aurora.

Operation Orlando.

Operation Fort Hood.

Because we know WHO doesn't like to let a good crisis go to waste.

Orlando was a TERRORIST attack.

Just like Fort Hood was a TERRORIST attack.

Just like the Boston Bombing was a TERRORIST attack.

Just like San Bernadino was a TERRORIST attack.

I know push GUN CONTROL as a means to fight TERRORISM.

I am just waiting on the 'Your either with us or against us Part.

edit on 15-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Hmm?

We never said that, more liberal lies and distortion. We said that sexual predators would take advantage of the legislation.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
3...did he use an assault weapon

No.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeah, because there's war...and then there's shooting up a school/theater/nightclub.

Totally the same thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Whatchu talking about.

Those are 'gun free zones'.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Is this a good time to go shopping and stock up on some things?
For some reason, I feel civil war in the air.
It's scary.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
It's scary.

A major tragedy happened. People are pissed, some are scared. Go outside, it's not nearly as bad there.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
It's scary.

Yep! All this political bickering will be meaningless when people realize they are on their own and their savior the government turns it's back on them.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The government can banned all guns in the USA, however the hard cold fact is, a criminal will always have guns and will be able to buy gun through the gun Black Markets.

So this is all pointless. Banned guns will NEVER stop mass shooting, Never!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Yeah, because there's war...and then there's shooting up a school/theater/nightclub.

Totally the same thing.

Well, we are at war both here and abroad...the *ahem* War on Terror. So we should be unarmed?

I don't even own a gun -- I hate them and they make me nervous. But I do not trust our government -- especially Congress -- to do right by the American people and I am disgusted by the mess they've gotten us into. The more they attempt to disarm us, the more I am certain nothing good is intended to come from it. They never do anything that helps anyone who actually needs help.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The job of Congress is to represent the will of the people. The majority of the populace feels something needs to be done about all these mass shootings. So aren't these Senators actually doing their job by trying to force a discussion on the matter? It's clear that all the thoughts and prayers arent doing jack to curb all these American deaths. So maybe, just maybe, it's time for both sides to come together and put forward some solutions.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I agree. The issue however is the gun is the wrong boogeyman. There used to be a time when people were responsible for their own actions. Criminals break laws. It's what they do. No amount of laws or lists will hamper that.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
The job of Congress is to represent the will of the people. The majority of the populace feels something needs to be done about all these mass shootings. So aren't these Senators actually doing their job by trying to force a discussion on the matter? It's clear that all the thoughts and prayers arent doing jack to curb all these American deaths. So maybe, just maybe, it's time for both sides to come together and put forward some solutions.

I still say the rogue federal government has demonstrated more motive than what we've been offered about the actual shooters in the recent mass-shootings. They are, in my opinion, the prime suspects.

So if the federal government isn't investigating itself -- even though there should be an independent formal investigation -- then they are not doing their jobs. I know this will never happen, but it needs to. Rushing to initiate gun legislation is simply demonstrating motive, in my eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join