It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats currently holding Filibuster to take away your gun rights

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Actually, it's the 6th Amendment.

Who's been convicted of a crime without a jury again? Can you point to the part of the Constitution that guarantees the right to fly?

As far as gun sales, you know that there's currently no restriction on anyone on the no-fly list ... so you're basically puffing.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
They are trying so hard to do this before trump gets in th wh cause they know hills is goin down in flames and take the whole statist democrat party with her

Hillary continues to lead Trump in every poll ... and Trumps popularity continues to fall ... in every poll.

RCP - Clinton v. Trump

RCP - Trump Favorable/Unfavorable

But, you keep up with the hopeful reality-denying banter! It worked so well for Romney in 2012, din't it? Just ask Karl Rove.

edit on 16-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: speling

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The ultimate maximum security mental institution for the criminally insane the US Senate

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What happened to having to actually post the correct name of the article? Instead of slanting the title.....

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So then we just allow made shootings to happen and do nothing? A conversation doesn't necessarily mean gun control. It means trying to find a root cause for all these shootings and finding a way to prevent future ones. If it turns out that gun control is the best way to go then I'm for it. Human life is worth more than an inanimate object.

Mental Illness is the root of the problem....
but no one wants to address it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Mental Illness is the root of the problem.... but no one wants to address it.

In some cases you are absolutely correct.

But what people really don't want to talk about, are those cases where the terrorist is not mentally ill.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
My god some of the paranoid delusional comments in here.

ISIS wins if you don't have a gun to protect yourself. HAHAHAHA.

Reality check, your gun isn't protecting anything. You having a gun isn't stopping mass shootings, it isn't stopping terrorist attacks, the same laws/rights that are ludicrously allowing such a free flow of murder weapons throughout America is actually aiding mass shootings and aiding terrorist attacks.

The only thing owning a gun is doing is massaging your own ego.
Owning a gun puts your family at more risk of gun related death than if you didn't own a gun. Fact.

Keep ignoring this because you want to feel like a bigger man by arming yourself. You aren't protecting sh1t but your ego.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

originally posted by: Konduit
So basically they're throwing a tantrum until they get their way. Welcome to the political left.

you actually endorse every massacre then?

What a stupid thing to say.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You still are not seeing the point. Fundamentally transforming the United States. For decades a progressive movement has tried to 'change' our country through the appointments and bought politicians. It did not work.

You all ate it up. ISIS is not a threat. It is a weapon. It is an arm of the current US government that was funded by us. They are in the US. FBI missing threats. DHS missing threats. Data removed. Why do I want a gun? To protect my family...my property. I am not going to stand in public and defend everyone but when you do not have it...who protects your family from what should be considered an invasion.

We are told to not talk bad about Islam hours after a terror attack. Multiple times now. The head of DHS is infiltrated. FBI is filled. The top presidential adviser is Muslim. Just appointed to a new board to combat extremism? A 25 year old extremist who hates America. See a pattern?

TPTB I feel have realized that they need to destroy Christianity and put in place a system that would be able to control the populace in the future. Islam is the perfect conduit for that.

First step...restrict gun access. I mean, we all remember the bill (AB 1014) in CA? It states that if the 'state' deems you mentally unfit you will lose your guns. No restrict...lose. For years they stripped away the rights of the states and now it is time to give it back.

Previously, individuals could be banned from buying firearms only if they are involuntarily committed to a mental health facility. Guns could be seized from individuals only if: A licensed therapist notifies police that the individual is a risk to their own safety or the safety of others; They have been convicted of a felony or a violent misdemeanor; They are under a domestic violence restraining order; or They have been determined to be mentally unstable (California Healthline, 9/4).

Should there be a no-fly list? Yes. If I am on there should I not be able to buy a gun? In my heart I say no but I understand the why. It is just that each time one right is removed, there are more that will follow.

Here are the US Muslim leaders in the largest US organizations...

• Muzammil Siddiqi, chairman of both the Fiqh Council of North America, which dispenses Islamic rulings, and the North American Islamic Trust, which owns most of the mosques in the U.S.: “As Muslims, we should participate in the system to safeguard our interests and try to bring gradual change, (but) we must not forget that Allah’s rules have to be established in all lands, and all our efforts should lead to that direction.”

• Omar Ahmad, co-founder of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the top Muslim lobby group in Washington: “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Quran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”

• CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper: “I wouldn’t want to create the impression that I wouldn’t like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future.”

• Imam Siraj Wahhaj, director of the Muslim Alliance in North America: “In time, this so-called democracy will crumble, and there will be nothing. And the only thing that will remain will be Islam.”

• Imam Zaid Shakir, co-founder of Zaytuna College in Berkeley, Calif.: “If we put a nationwide infrastructure in place and marshaled our resources, we’d take over this country in a very short time. . . . What a great victory it will be for Islam to have this country in the fold and ranks of the Muslims.”…

edit on 06am30amf0000002016-06-17T10:48:45-05:001045 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 06am30amf0000002016-06-17T10:50:15-05:001015 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 06am30amf0000002016-06-17T11:10:56-05:001156 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Legit question.

Obviously you already know the answer.

So you still want to remove freedoms and liberties even though it won't make a damned bit a difference.

Remove WHAT freedoms and liberties exactly?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
My god some of the paranoid delusional comments in here.

ISIS wins if you don't have a gun to protect yourself. HAHAHAHA.

Reality check, your gun isn't protecting anything. You having a gun isn't stopping mass shootings, it isn't stopping terrorist attacks, the same laws/rights that are ludicrously allowing such a free flow of murder weapons throughout America is actually aiding mass shootings and aiding terrorist attacks.

The only thing owning a gun is doing is massaging your own ego.
Owning a gun puts your family at more risk of gun related death than if you didn't own a gun. Fact.

Keep ignoring this because you want to feel like a bigger man by arming yourself. You aren't protecting sh1t but your ego.

There are a tons of people who have used a gun to defend themselves against criminals. If you dont want one that's cool go ahead and try to use harsh words when a bad guy breaks into your house. "get away you bad man" sure that will work out well for you.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
They are trying so hard to do this before trump gets in th wh cause they know hills is goin down in flames and take the whole statist democrat party with her

Hillary continues to lead Trump in every poll ... and Trumps popularity continues to fall ... in every poll.

RCP - Clinton v. Trump

RCP - Trump Favorable/Unfavorable

But, you keep up with the hopeful reality-denying banter! It worked so well for Romney in 2012, din't it? Just ask Karl Rove.

Any intelligent person knows that polls this far out are basically meaningless. Not to mention there is dirt on Hilary yet to be released and I know the "useful idiots" will vote for her no matter what but some on the fence may not. Time will tell. Either way we have two very bad options...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

For anyone who thinks a filibuster will unhinge the 2nd amendment don't be concerned it takes a lot more than ass holes talking to remove an article it will take a Constitutional convention and an army, and millions of body bags. All of the present military has sworn an oath to defend the Constitution...it don't say anything about defending any government. The Constitution is a document of the people that restricts the government not the other way around. The military will fight for us not the Muslim or any of his cohorts.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Sudo,
Are you just pretending not to know ALL the mass shootings were in gun free zones or is it selective amnesia?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Not my gun rights. I h ave a little handgun for personal protection and to ward off looters in case of a hurricane. I think they are trying to get Republicans to agree to a vote.

That's all. They want a vote. And even the vote has nothing to do with my rights. Those are pretty much guaranteed. The vote is about automatic weapons. People don't need them for self defense, they're for assaults, kind of like cluster bombs. They should be illegal ,in my opinion. Maybe others feel that way, especially in light of recent events. I do believe additionally, they are trying to get a vote ,to see if any Republicans AGREE with them, people who are already being investigated and suspected of being terrorist, should not be able to get a gun.
Who knows? The GOP might agree that terrorists should have a hard time getting a gun here in the USA.
Not saying they shouldn't have one. Officials do make mistakes. BUT probably it should not be quite as EASY for someone being investigated, and on the terror watch list, to go pick up an AR 15 and use it the same day.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tmeister182

For anyone who thinks a filibuster will unhinge the 2nd amendment don't be concerned it takes a lot more than ass holes talking to remove an article it will take a Constitutional convention and an army, and millions of body bags. All of the present military has sworn an oath to defend the Constitution...it don't say anything about defending any government. The Constitution is a document of the people that restricts the government not the other way around. The military will fight for us not the Muslim or any of his cohorts.

All the military has sworn an oath to protect the Constitution? That's laughable.

Where were they when our protections from illegal search and seizure were getting thrown out the window? That was one of our 4th Amendment Rights. We don't have it anymore. Our government and police used to need a warrant and some reason to suspect wrongdoing before they could stop and strip search us and take our things. Now we can be stopped and strip searched and our belongings taken away for no reason what so ever.

Oh yeah. They've done a great job protecting that Constitution. Not.

And are they aware the Constitution provides for change if the people want it? What's going to happen? Some sort of para military going to stop the free people of the USA? Is that how it's going down? I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't own a gun but I prefer that law abiding citizens have the right to own a gun. I lived in NY and lived in AZ as one liberal from LA called it the gun toting Wild West. Bottom line I would take AZ any day. We are all more safe when criminals or terrorists don't know we own guns or not. In places like NY and Chicago they know you don't own one. Though I totally support limiting the amount of ammo in a single clip. That is a reasonable trade off. What most in power don't want you to know is the Japanese considered invading US soil in WW II but the fact they came to was any blade of grass could be a gun. You need deterrents.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ash614

Well, it was not like they attacked the local Outlaws bike clubhouse in Orlando.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I read this on the internet the other night and its really True:

Why is it when there is a terrorist attack, we are told not to hold everyone in that group accountable for "the actions of a few"

But when there is a mass shooting, EVERY gun owner is held accountable?

I dont own a gun, but I am a firm believer in the 2nd amendment, and this is simply another attempt to restrict gun ownership.

edit on 17-6-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Why is it when there is a terrorist attack, we are told not to hold everyone in that group accountable for "the actions of a few" But when there is a mass shooting, EVERY gun owner is held accountable?

Because deference is only shown when it comes to the groups they wish to protect. Guilt is spread freely all over the groups they wish to control.

This witch hunt has been going on for a very long time. So long that the political basket has lost its veneer, is completely transparent, and holds no water.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join