It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk Conspiracies: William Shakespeare.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is the first entry in what I hope to be many discussions about various different conspiracy related topics. I will be providing links to background information of the subject to help ignite the disscussion.

The purpose of this fourm is to share ideas and beliefs to broaden ones horizon on the presented subject, while at the same time I hope members enjoy their participation in the discussion.

The first topic of the '💡Let's Talk Conspiracies💡' series will be: The True Identity of William Shakespeare ✒📝❓

William Shakespeare Wiki

Shakesphere Conspiracy

The links above both provide vast amouts of information (from both sides of the field) to aid in our discussion.

All I ask is please be civil and friendly and lets hear each others thoughts on one of the best play writes, author, and poet of our time to gain more knowledge and possible come to a consensus.

Thank you and I hope everyone enjoys participating in the first LTC discussion. 😊

I leave you with this, was William Shakespeare a real person or just a pseudonym?
edit on 15-6-2016 by spmc215 because:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: spmc215

Well there is a underground legend that goes;" William Shakespeare was a stonecutter who lacked the gift of writing but embraced the gift of mysticism and divine knowledge. So he set out on a journey to find the greatest scribe who walked the earth and that man was named Francis Bacon. "

Just a legend my dear sir..

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Interesting, thank you for the input, care to share a bit more about this legend?.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I have a personal opinion, most of the stories are just rewrites of the seven basic plots already written in mythology..

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have never really understood the Shakespeare Conspiracy. It's a lesson of disbelieving historical evidence and filling in the blanks (because there are blanks) with things to support an alternative history.

I guess that where there is historical evidence there will always be deniers.

However, no denying the impact Shakespeare had on English.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

William wrote this once as a poet as he was and not a story teller; “The heavens themselves, the planets, and this centre observe degree, priority, and place.

Just my humble opinion..

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

There is no denying that he definitely had a major impact on english. At the time of shakesphere it was commo to use a pseudonym by using a verb-noun structure and it is know play writes faces a lot of odds agaisnt them including heresy
charges so Shakespshere might have just been a nick name. When you get a chance check out the first link it provides evidence for and agaisnt the conspiracy and is a good read!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Very humble and nice poem.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

we all have different faces; An old wise mans tale declare;" You are given three names, one that your mother shall only know, one that society should always hear and one for your deep dark secrets to come.."

But thats just a cracking tale of a gypsy curse

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
this interesting video says he did what he said he did

It's a fun video and they use math too

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yes thats Romani tradition, my disscertation was on their culture. Very beautiful and intricate. But we are drifting off topic the man they say is Shakesphere at the time wad a loan shark and total opposite of who we know Shakesphere is and there lies the conspiracy. Check out the first link and skin it you will see what in saying. Basically the Shakesphere playwrite and the Shakspere whom people travel to see tomb are two different people from what I see, even the will makes no mentions of owning books, his plays, or theathre company. Just the second best bed to his wife (lol that part cracked me up cause this person was supposidly very ill tempered.)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

To be truthful, we dont know. But i have my opinion

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Thanks! Thats a good ted talks video, I hope someone can embed it so they dont have to click the link. A lot of people we hold high regard for believe that Shakesphere wasnt Shakesphere even Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain.. A lot of people have doubts and have shared them the first link I provided s shares the information in their non biased discussion.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This conspiracy has been around for a couple of centuries, and to be honest there is probably some truth in the conspiracy. However he will be forever referred to as the Elizabethan balding guy, with a ruff.
edit on 15/6/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Francis bacon had a half brother
called
Francis bacon

great idea for a thread

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

There has been an on going campaign to try and prove that Will Shakespeare was in fact not the writer of these great works. This is the way it goes:-

Unfortunately to some, Shakespeare was not born in London or the South East of England. He was born as we know in The English Midlands. As Shakespeare is such an important character both in English and World history, the London media and in such the London bias media: cannot bear the fact that Will was not one of their own, and was born 120 miles away in Stratford-Upon-Avon Warwickshire. In Britain everything of importance has to revolve around London, or have a connection to London in someway.
Therefore there is an effort by the " High Brows" of our capital city to try and prove it was someone from London or The Home Counties that in fact was the " Real William Shakespeare" and that someone used the name of William Shakespeare as a pseudonym to hide their real identity. To date the efforts of those who are trying to discredit Shakespeare have come to nothing.

The expression i would use about the above mentioned campaign would be............. " Much Ado About Nothing

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

True this is who William Shakspere is, his name is lisyed and signed like this of whom your refering to. According to some researchers of the time this man lives a uneventful life as a loan shark and money hungry person and the imaginative Shakespere we know. Before Shakespere became famous Shaksperes tomb showed him holding grain shortly after it was changed to him holding a quill etc. There are several inconsistancies even in his will there was nothing to prove he is who they say he is. Furthur this shakespere of avalon only had limited education his father was a tradesman.. (All this info is in the first link)

Id like to put my money on the Duke of Ed' being the real Shakespere as his whole life mirrors that of Macbeth. He also had knowledge of courtship, was well educated, traveled and lived in both italy and france and spoke the languages. But we will never know the truth.. Im quite enjoying what everyone has to say thank you for participating!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

had limited education his father was a tradesman.

This old chestnut again. What one's parents are has nothing to do with what their children become.

The great English artist J.M.W. Turner was the son of a Barber.

Here are a few uneductaed people who became geniuses

education.ezinemark.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Im just saying hes father at this period in history didnt value education he more the likely would have been trained in the trade. As far as these Shakespere how do you account for all the knowldge he exhibited in his work such as roman history knowledge of french and italian aristocracies and languages etc etc... Even the name Shakes-Spear fits the verb-noun structure of a pseudonym and appears like that on a couple of his works. I feel this person may not have been the real Shakespeare and recieved undue credit.. How do you justify the will or paper work from that time. His own neighbors didnt know he wrote plays.. Please check out the second link and it will elaborate on what im saying along with arguments agaisnt it.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

how do you account for all the knowldge he exhibited in his work such as roman history knowledge of french and italian aristocracies and languages etc etc

Shakespeare attended Grammer School where those subjects were taught.

The information is out there if you care to look

www.shakespeare-online.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join