It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Cesnored and Suspended Milo Yiannopoulos, Later Reinstates him After Backlash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It seems that Twitter has stepped up its censorship games and decided to delete views that are different from theirs. Milo had recently stated that he wanted to have a talk about Islam, and in response his account was suspended. Lots of posts in Arabic were left on his deleted account celebrating his ban.
In response to his ban, many other people were angry and said stuff like "Milo was correct if he was banned for his views". After a while of backlash, Milo was unbanned.

It seems big brother stepped up his game and wants everything censored that goes against the "officially" held view/story. So it's the thought police and Ministry of Truth in action. If they censor him, it must mean he's correct then.

Article links: www.breitbart.com...

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 15-6-2016 by KaibaTheJedi because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2016 by KaibaTheJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: KaibaTheJedi

It's a bit awkward for the left when they can't defend the Muslim attacker and the LGBT victims at the same time
edit on 15-6-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Muslims celebrating the killing of gays = OK on Twitter. Gays talking about Muslims celebrating the killing of gays = suspension. It's like something from 1984.

Milo Yiannopolous on Twitter : We're approaching Twitter for comment. Do we have to do it in Arabic, @jack?

This Saudi prince is now the second largest shareholder of Twitter.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Milo's conference at UCF Orlando was cancelled last night because UCF PD couldn't guarantee his safety. Today at 2PM Milo will be holding a conference at ground zero in Orlando titled "Absolutely Haram: Gays vs Islam". The dangerous # will not be silenced.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Is he still going to do the conference? Does he plan on streaming it live?

Tried going to his twitter but couldn't find any info outside of his ban and reinstatement
edit on 15-6-2016 by Bennyzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Me on Milo and anyone at Breitbart a few years ago: "These people are jerks that should be ignored as just provocative shock jocks. howard stern meets rush limbaugh"

Me on Milo lately: "This guy is one of the most important results of the fringe lefts insanity and has allowed me to see the deep problem of hyper leftists in the west. my right to be offended by him is actually being removed by these censorous cancers of the left who want to shut down any opposing viewpoint. Je Suis Milo! Deity of choice bless that glorious flaming jerk and thank you for showing me what disgusting people dwell in the former house of liberalism.

Twitter "trust and safety council" are proper marxist wannabes

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Waiting for Milo or Breitbart to post a link for the stream, when it comes up I'll make a thread for it.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Milo had over 250k followers, now he has less than 40k. Reddit users confirming they have been unfollowed.

edit on 15-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Upon reflection, I am wondering if Milo has a few friends at Twitter that do these things to him just to make him far more popular and make the progressives seem like absolute trash..because its one thing to use subtle jabs to lesson someones popularity, its another to act like actual nazis burning books and silencing dissenting opinions...

Its like...it cant be real...surely nobody who knows how to use a computer can be that stupid to do what they do..the removing of the verified, the banning, the surfaced supression of conservative trends and hashtags that challenge hyper-progressive titles.

I hate to say it, but twitter needs a competitor that wont take political sides and only remove things that break actual laws, not views.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: SaturnFX

Apparently A Muslim with 1.2M followers tweeted out a call to action which led to the temporary suspension of @Nero.

Yeah, just read that.
Twitter will do nothing about it. its ok for muslims to attack gay people for being gay so long as its not a progressive gay.

...they must be very confused about orlando.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I just read that twitter is also censoring #gaysfortrump hashtags. It really is laughable.

LINK

I know, I know...it's Breitbart. I'll see if I can find more sources.
edit on 15-6-2016 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Cant stump the Milo

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So the fragile right boo-hoo'd and made Twitter back down on their own terms and conditions. Doing the same sht you accuse SJWs of... as usual.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

There was no reason on their terms to rightfully shut him down.No one can cite a tweet of his that breaks T&C. He wrote an article not on twitter, and thats enough for a ban? It was a bogus ban thats why he was reinstated.

They keep up the extremist muslims though because Prince Alwaleed bin Talal is a majority shareholder.

new topics

top topics

join