It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about earth changes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct catagory, but here goes.
I have read about the changes that are to come in the world and how with the pole shifts ect ...alot of the worlds land will be under water according to sea level. Does anyone know if there is a model of this anywhere online? I've read that the Mississippi river will expand and I would love to see what the outcome of such would look like as far as land mass.
Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
Hi,

I have read about the changes that are to come in the world and how with the pole shifts ect ...alot of the worlds land will be under water according to sea level. Does anyone know if there is a model of this anywhere online? I've read that the Mississippi river will expand and I would love to see what the outcome of such would look like as far as land mass.
Thanks in advance.

'Changed that are to come in the world'????????????

WTF.. man put the pipe down and step *away* from the crack.. seriously, you aren't expecting something to happen of that magnitude are you?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by otlg27

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

'Changed that are to come in the world'????????????

WTF.. man put the pipe down and step *away* from the crack.. seriously, you aren't expecting something to happen of that magnitude are you?

I am not expecting anything. I am asking if there is any type of online model showing the after effects of such.
There are alot of changes taking place as we type these messages. Earthquakes are shifting the land, water is rising in places, the temps are either above or below the norm for this time of the year, Mt St Helens activity is being monitored daily.
Theres too much going on to ignore...that is unless you really are on crack!!!

Before you read this...no I do NOT believe everything I read. But I do keep an open mind to the possibilities.
www.globalpsychics.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I am not expecting anything. I am asking if there is any type of online model showing the after effects of such.
There are alot of changes taking place as we type these messages. Earthquakes are shifting the land, water is rising in places, the temps are either above or below the norm for this time of the year, Mt St Helens activity is being monitored daily.

Before you read this...no I do NOT believe everything I read. But I do keep an open mind to the possibilities.

Earthquakes have always taken place and we've had thread upon thread here lately, that more than adequately describe the level of activity as 'normal'. The climate is fubared, granted, but again there is DEBATE (I'm on both sides) as to whether it's part of a larger macro climate cycle or man-induced. Water levels have and will ALWAYS change due to lunar cycles, average temparature of the planet, etc.

In short, not a whole hell of a lot going on that has been going on for millions of years. Just becuase you as an individual noticed certain things for the first time hardly makes them new when talking about an ecosystem and objects as large as a planet.

(before anyone does anything as retarded as stating the planet has never been this warm before, please do some research into the pre-historic average temperatures)...

Osiris

[edit on 16-1-2005 by otlg27]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by otlg27

Earthquakes have always taken place and we've had thread upon thread here lately, that more than adequately describe the level of activity as 'normal'. The climate is fubared, granted, but again there is DEBATE (I'm on both sides) as to whether it's part of a larger macro climate cycle or man-induced. Water levels have and will ALWAYS change due to lunar cycles, average temparature of the planet, etc.

In short, not a whole hell of a lot going on that has been going on for millions of years. Just becuase you as an individual noticed certain things for the first time hardly makes them new when talking about an ecosystem and objects as large as a planet.

(before anyone does anything as retarded as stating the planet has never been this warm before, please do some research into the pre-historic average temperatures)...

Osiris

I do believe you have missed the QUESTION. It was and still is to see if there is a model . I have not said the climate is warmer. I have not said anything is NEW, and I did not just NOW notice for the first time these things.
Maybe you do not have an answer to my question, if not please do not post, acting as if i'm a retarded and a non-understanding individual.
You may have had a bad day and feel a need to take it out on someone.....this someone does not need to be me!!!
Oh but incase you have an answer...please by all means do post it.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I do believe you have missed the QUESTION. It was and still is to see if there is a model . I have not said the climate is warmer. I have not said anything is NEW, and I did not just NOW notice for the first time these things.
Maybe you do not have an answer to my question, if not please do not post, acting as if i'm a retarded and a non-understanding individual.
You may have had a bad day and feel a need to take it out on someone.....this someone does not need to be me!!!
Oh but incase you have an answer...please by all means do post it.

Krt1967:

You said (and I quote):

Your very first statement reads as follows: I have read about all the changes about to come to the world. Or at least that's how I read it, and thus my tone in response. If you did *not* imply that sort of a meaning, then I whole-heartedly apologize.

Having said that, alot of these 'changes' are not supported by modern science, and as such any models that may exist are likely EXTREMELY flawed and useless for your purposes. What I mean by this is, if the idea isn't supported by people with sufficient scientific knowledge, there will be nobody to build the models.

Finally, which *specific* doom and gloom scenario would you like a model for (not saying you believe in the doom and gloom, just asking which one in particular you would like to see the model for).. If you are looking for a combination of all the scenarios I will save you the time and describe the outcome below (please note, the next portion is aimed at comedy and is not an attack):

[comedy&parody]
First of all, all the polar ice melts due to global warming. This floods anywhere on the planet below 200ft above sealevel (which is a lot of the planet).. NYC, most if not all of Florida and California, Seattle, Oregon, the Canadian Maritimes, Vancouver are all gone in North America alone. Holand is under about 150 ft of water, and large portions of Europe are similarly innundated.

The Mediteranian merges with the Atlantic in a seemingly boundless combined ocean. Much of Asia is similarly submerged and a good portion of India is now floating on the bottom of the ocean.

The change in salanity of the ocean from this water release results in a disruption of the steering currents that currently exists. As a result the entire tropics (most of which are underwater now-anyway) unleash year-round mega-hurricanes with wind speeds in excess of 250MPH. This super-storms tear far inland (the new shoreline, remember) and make the first 100 miles from the coast line unliveable for approximately 45 degrees on either side of the equator.

Just when humanity adapts to this, the magnetic field of the earth breaks down, and we are all subjected to extremely powerful cosmic radition. Cancer rates sky rocket to 1 in 3 or 4, and many people take to living very deep underground.

Just when we think it's all over, the poles suddenly shift, and massive earthquake ensue, causing cave-ins in most of the underground dwellings killing a good chunk of what is left of the earth's population. Still more are killed by enormous tsunamis and volcanic explosions. The yellowstone super-caldera goes off, killing many at the site of the new capital of North America. Africa is smashed back into India as a result of massive techtonic slippage and the Indian ocean is gone.

This causes the earth to contract fairly noticably and days are now only approximately 21 hours long. An interesting side effect of the more dense earth is it mucks up our orbital trajectory and we lose the moon. Another unfortunate side-effect is that our new orbal trajectory (slightly more elliptical) causes us to be right in the path of one of the asteroids that has barely missed us in the past.

Four days later an asteroid the size of Texas smashes into the middle of Russia and vaporizes everything, raising the air temperature globally to a point where all the water boils and Earth is left completely baron. No humans survive as all the underground dwellings were compromised during the poll shift.

The three astronauts on the ISS after watching the last week, all decide that they can't bear it and open the hatch on the station, irradicating the last trace of humanity.

A few billion years later the sun explodes, for good measure

[/comedy&parody]
Regards,

Osiris

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I understood what you were asking

Here you go.

What would the Earth look like as a result? If sea level were about 77 meters higher than today, the result would be as illustrated below.

though others have said it would rise over 200 meters.
but this guy explains his theory.
Read here.
www.johnstonsarchive.net...

This is what Antarctica would look like without its icy mantle. Only half of its 14 million sq. km rise above sea level. The ice cover varies between 2000 to 3000 meters thick on the large eastern part and exceeds 4000 meters in the west where its great weight has submerged the land between what appears here as islands.

If the sea level would rise 100 meters, this is a possible image of the future terrestrial landmass. Anything pictured in light blue will be under water.

More reading on sea leve change.
science.howstuffworks.com...
ecosystems.wcp.muohio.edu...
pubs.usgs.gov...

[edit on 16-1-2005 by ghoulardi]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghoulardi
I understood what you were asking

Here you go.

though others have said it would rise over 200 meters.
but this guy explains his theory.
Read here.

That pic seems about right.. (I just fired up the ancient game, sim earth, and melted the polar caps..).. What that pic is pretty close, so I'm willing to say 'works for me'
... Then I started smashing meteors into the planet cuz I'm evil like that

Osiris

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
That pic seems about right.. (I just fired up the ancient game, sim earth, and melted the polar caps..).. What that pic is pretty close, so I'm willing to say 'works for me'
... Then I started smashing meteors into the planet cuz I'm evil like that

Osiris

haha cool that sounds fun
I've been killing cops in my new san andreas.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Finally. Thank you ghoulardi.
I'm glad to see you understood what I was asking. Thank you so much

new topics

top topics

join