It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Rant) Business owners are racist for displaying American flag!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: YukonJuan
a reply to: chiefsmom

Other ethnicites display their flags to show pride in their home country. Whites ( trump supporters) use the flag to make the Mexican or any other person of color coming into their business uncomfortable.

All the mentioning of "White people" in your rant? Seems like you might be the racist!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.... Interesting opinion.....

I can tell you're gonna have a real good time here.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

a reply to: Athetos

So I can drive around with a mexican or syrian flag and itd be okay?

Yes, this is America. You can pretty drive around with any flag you want, except maybe an ISIS flag (cause you'd probably get killed or detained/questioned). I see Mexican flags in Mexican restaurants a lot.

Back to the OP...are you, um, serious?

I assume you live in the US, and you're angered by a flag that represents freedom, including your own?

If you're being serious, I'm seriously at a loss...

represents freedom

Did you forget about slavery? About trail of tears? It represents suppression among other things.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

a reply to: Athetos

So I can drive around with a mexican or syrian flag and itd be okay?

Yes, this is America. You can pretty drive around with any flag you want, except maybe an ISIS flag (cause you'd probably get killed or detained/questioned). I see Mexican flags in Mexican restaurants a lot.

Back to the OP...are you, um, serious?

I assume you live in the US, and you're angered by a flag that represents freedom, including your own?

If you're being serious, I'm seriously at a loss...

represents freedom

Did you forget about slavery? About trail of tears? It represents suppression among other things.

Did you forget about Spanish slavery?

(That would be slavery committed by the Spanish, not to the Spanish)
edit on 1562016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: YukonJuan

Troll account to reinforce the Trump/Fragile Right narrative?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

The spanish only enslaved those indians that didn't convert to Catholicism. They taught the indians irrigation, architecture, and many other things.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

The spanish only enslaved those indians that didn't convert to Catholicism. They taught the indians irrigation, architecture, and many other things.

Oh, so it's ok for the Spanish to do it for their reasons, but anyone else it means everyone now is racist?

Double standards much?

link   
Let's see a source that says Mexicans are the majority first of all, because you've provided nothing.

Second, just because when you see the American flag you think it's a racist symbol, doesn't make it so, and it doesn't mean an entire nation has to bend to your "special snowflake mentality". How about this, if you don't like that a business is flying the flag, exercise your FREEDOM to not give that business you money. Just like that business is exercising there freedom to fly the flag of the country in which they operate.

Third, if Mexico is so great and America is so evil and racist why are Mexicans coming here by the thousands every month? Maybe it's cause of those above mentioned freedoms that for some reason you no longer want people to have? I don't understand why people would flee a country, for a "better" one, and then demand that that country turn into the one they fled. And also, people fly all different flags in America because we are free to do so. I live all the way in Washington state and I see Mexican flags, Canadian flags, Russian flags, and British flags from time to time. None of them offend me because I understand nationalism, patriotism, and basic pride in your heritage. All of which you are allowed to express here in America, just like everyone else. If you don't like those freedoms, then maybe America isn't the place for you.

All that being said I am getting so tired of these snowflakes, offended by everything and can't cope with anyone having a different opinion. The irony is staggering to witness.
If the American flag is so offensive to you, then step off her soil.

link   
call him troll, yet seasoned members falling for the bait.

he succeeded at what he was trying to do.!

ignorance breeds ig... fill in the blank.
edit on 15-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

At least someone has some sense.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Oh come on Kali, you beat the OP drum half the time in other threads, maybe not as full on, but still, let's be honest here.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

if Mexico is so great and America is so evil and racist why are Mexicans coming here by the thousands every month?

They've been coming on to this land for over 13,000 years. Way before the Anglo Saxons sailed over here. Many will argue that the reason mexico is the way it is is because of the United States. Having a drug addict for a neighbor is

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Remember you said that Hispanics make up over half the population? Have you found any proof yet?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Yeah well "yuk", that's YOUR problem because that's the flag of the greatest country in the world. You don't want to look at it? Simple solution: M O V E. 😠
edit on 15-6-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Other ethnicites display their flags to show pride in their home country. Whites ( trump supporters) use the flag to make the Mexican or any other person of color coming into their business uncomfortable.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're either being ironic or you're deluded. I'm not sure which, yet.

I'll buy the vowel "o" for 100 dollars and complete the phrase.... "Don't feed the trolls."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: TerryDon79

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're either being ironic or you're deluded. I'm not sure which, yet.

I'll buy the vowel "o" for 100 dollars and complete the phrase.... "Don't feed the trolls."

Cheers - Dave

Where's the fun in that? It's a rainy afternoon here in Scotland. I've got to keep myself entertained somehow lol. Also, it makes good practice for real debates

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ok i'm not one that likes the symbols of nationalities but people can flag whatever they want.

But I got a question....

The Hispanic flag?? seriously?

The Hispanic flag is a white flag with three purple crosses and a rising sun. The white field/background symbolizes peace and purity. The golden Inti sun symbolizes the awakening of the new lands. The three cross pattées symbolize Christopher Columbus's three ships, the Niña, the Pinta, and the Santa María.

So offended by the Americans with their flags, lets put up some symbolism of Europeans that ruined the both of the continents in the first place...

Well that makes sense

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Obvious troll and bait is obvious... I do hope you are just a troll and not an idiot though...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I find your post highly offensive and racist!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
All im saying is that the whites ( trump supporters) are using the American flag to put the "mexican" in his place. They can't wait for trump to become president so they can say hey we have these mexicans by the nuts and if they don't do what we say where going to starve them.
edit on 15-6-2016 by YukonJuan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join