It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving money to the homeless. Don't do it!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I actually refuse to believe that the OP did anything out of the goodness of his heart with the clear hate he is showing in this thread.
There are certain types of people that gravitate to jobs that will make them appear as a caring human beings when the opposite of it is true. I get the feeling the OP is one of those.
I doubt they were genuinely wanting to help fellow human beings but did it for the kudos they would get.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I do think that you shouldn't give houseless people money. I think you should give them F*CKING HOUSES!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I'm sure this is some veiled attempt to direct at me...if not I am answering anyway

Yeah that's right...just because I have an office meant that I never left it. In fact a large part of what I did was going out to the shelter, temp shelters, and the street.

not a social worker mind you....therapist and LPC....which is odd because we are less known for the social work side of our jobs...either way...please stop pretending you have the only wisdom regarding this.

How about reacting and responding to the posters who LIVED on the street that refute your BS stats?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So, basically, the OP was pliable enough to let someone manipulate their beliefs on a group they'd had little to no interaction with yet. Because that doesn't set up a bias in the naive.

But thanks OP, nice to know you think my briefly homeless teenage self was a lying, scheming beggar. Never took a cent from anyone (no panhandling on my or my mother's part) Never stole anything, and about the worst thing we did was squat in a house owned by an in-law's family (to be fair, we did have permission from one person, the rest were evidently never told) But sure, all homeless are the same, awful trash. Nice. Goes to show how much you actually know. College didn't help you learn common sense any at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Don't do it. The homeless hate civilization and all people apart of society.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
The homeless hate civilization and all people apart of society.

So do many of us here that DO have a home.
Do you even understand what homelessness is? You make it sound with one sweeping brushstroke that every person who is living on the streets has the same mentality, and chose this life just to be an annoyance to people like you. There are as many reasons for being homeless, as there are for losing a job, losing a house, losing a wife or child, losing one's mental or physical health.
Homelessness is NOT the problem...IT IS THE RESULT OF THE PROBLEM.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

It's barely worth it at this point

OP has been brainwashed into thinking something and it's not going to get better

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Giving them money is not really that beneficial anyway. So even if you give your money to the most honest homeless person, that money goes towards some quality of life purchases and then they are back to square one.

Best thing is to provide opportunity. Give them a bus pass, hygiene related items, etc. Pass out pamphlets showing all of the opportunities you can find for them to take advantage of. If they don't take advantage, oh well. If they do, then you helped in ways that your small monetary donation never could.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

It's barely worth it at this point

OP has been brainwashed into thinking something and it's not going to get better

*sigh... agreed. Hard to contain my passion for a subject at times. Also forgot there was a bridge missing a resident...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

oh I agree 100%

well....so it is

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

kdvr.com...

For the morons who aren't apart of reality and prefer to live in a fantasy world. Stop supporting scum. This is almost everyday and some are so stupid they'd rather give money to scum. The enablers who give them money are financing and encouraging violence under the guise of "giving".
edit on 22-6-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

Thank you!!!!! The most intelligent thing posted in this thread. The whole point was to show that the most dishonest, lazy, and least worthwhile approaches such as tossing someone a dollar does the exact opposite of what the giver intends.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Morons? Stupid? These are names you give to people with compassion and empathy while you rage on the internet, lecturing strangers on what to do with their own money?

GAWD! This is what the internet has come to? Pull the plug dude. Log off. Go pet a dog or something.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

If only you'd stop giving money to support violence. It's really stupid. Stop it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You're unhinged.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Whatever you want to say to deflect from the truth. Character assassination. A classic approach for the person who fails.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

And belligerence appears to be your classic approach seeing as you haven't proven a thing and have numerous people who have worked directly, indirectly or HAVE LIVED with them

Belligerence is the final gasp....which is weird because your first gasp was sad

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Weird! Now don't give money to homeless. Otherwise you might be an awful person.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

For the morons who aren't apart of reality and prefer to live in a fantasy world. Stop supporting scum. This is almost everyday and some are so stupid they'd rather give money to scum. The enablers who give them money are financing and encouraging violence under the guise of "giving".

So I can stop paying taxes now??? WHOOPIE!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Whatever you want to say to deflect from the truth. Character assassination. A classic approach for the person who fails.

Is that not what you are doing with homeless people and those of us who choose to support them? Seriously, you have every right to your opinion, but you have zero rights to force it on others, or chastise anyone else's actions. BTW..the minute you started name calling...that was a classic approach to a failing argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join