It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Iran Our Enemy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Great Article for the NeoCons out there to read.
 It’s a repressive theocracy, but Tehran is no threat to the United States and is a staunch opponent of jihadi groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda.
 Why Is Iran Our Enemy?

But his question—asked of us by many other ordinary Iranians happy to meet American visitors—deserves a better response. Not so much to explain our foreign policy to Iranians, but to ourselves. Demonization of Iran runs wide and deep in our mainstream politics. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump tell us that Iran is the world’s chief sponsor of terrorism, aimed at taking over the whole Middle East, if not the world (this echoes the State Department, which in its recently released annual report calls Iran the world’s greatest state sponsor of terrorism). Text

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Because our wonderfull allies Saudi arabia hate them......

That or it sounds like Iraq so it must be bad derp derp.....

Either way our true enemy in the middle east is saudi arabia not Iran.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

Didn't you know its because they moved their darn country near the 45 US bases in the area

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Very difficult to explain but in very large part religion, interference by the west such as british and american oil company's whom were after and for a long time had the Iranian oil field's and of course nationalism, most Persian's are immensely proud of there history and identity and see other newer powers interfering in there ancient nation as interlopers and having no right there, remember they were Persia and have been a power for over 3000 years on and off with most invaders either being absorbed or simply dying out and they are still there.
But today mainly religion and a need to blame someone for there own problem's and who is the biggest kid on the block, they still don't like We Brit's but the biggest kid on the block today is the US so they now hate the US even more.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Iran was designated to become an enemy of the 'Great Satan'...
when the (exiled in France) Shia Cleric deposed the Shah of Iran in the first regime change operation in the modern Arab world.

NATO had Turkey... the House of Saud controlled Arabia so the early Globalists needed a Shia power-house nation to confront the mostly Sunni lands of Turks & Arabians so the prophecy by PIKE could gain a firm footing in the global paradigm

....the battles between Jews/Christians/Muslims needed goosed up...or else the final WW3 would fail to materialize
edit on th30146599618415092016 by St Udio because: blah-blah

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

99.9% of the problems we have with Iran are the fault of the US. Research the CIA-sponsored coup of 1953, where a relatively moderate, relatively secular, popularly elected leader of Iran was overthrown and replaced by the Shah, who then instituted a ~30 year very repressive reign, at the behest of US-based petro companies, because said Iranian leader had the gall to think Iran had control over disposition of their petroleum resources.

Pretty much all of the problems we've had with Iran since then are consequences of that coup.

And of course, you won't find many main-stream politicos that will admit to this.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Oil deal gone sour. Big Oil.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Israel.

2nd.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I can't help but think your asking someone to write your term paper............ Lol, just a jest. Seriously all you need to know can be found in a quick search

en.wikipedia.org...

My nephew is the son of a Persian, who in the early 70's was going to USU in Logan Utah, a quite common foreign student practice.

I often wonder if the absent father is still alive after all these years ? He would now be in his 60' or so. My sister 's fling was not without consequence. But Michael has brought much happiness in my family, and became one of the top drag racing mechanics in the US working for Head Racing, one of only a few un-sponsored teams around. Self funded top fuel.

It's not hard to imagine the hatred some in Persia/Iran feel for the United States government, heck we even have those same sentiments in our own population of dis-enfranchised or homeless, or forgotten Vets. I think there are few who don't view the daily news without a feeling they are being lied to, either by design or the media's political leanings.

As is so often the case, it's not the citizens who create the hate, but instead the politicians who find it valuable to their agenda or stance. Once you lie, you must keep up the lies to protect the original lie, or recant and face the criticism you justly deserve. Our fall from grace in their eyes started in the 50's as you will read in the Wiki, and well.......just browse through it, it's pretty accurate.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

They aren't part of the international banking cartel

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
israel are scared of them, jewish lobbies hold too much ground. republicans including judicial watch have tried to indict obama for deals with iran.
saudi arabia are scared of iran's oil, america rely too much on saudi oil, trump has been bailed out personally and numerous times by the saudi royal family.
america only holds together with an opposition, post world war two, communism was the enemy, ignoring no country was actually communist, it carried until the fall of the totalitarian ussr.
then muslims were portrayed as the opposition.
iran is a muslim country.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You know they round gays up in trucks and execute them publicly?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

They held 300-some Americans hostage and we even sent in Seal type teams to rescue them. One of our rescue planes and our servicemen on it were killed.

We did not rescue them...Carters biggest failure.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

Funny that you omit the French overthrowing the Shah, and replaced him with the Ayatollah. Up to that point Iran was a significant U.S. ally. The ONLY nation outside the U.S. to receive the then state of the art F-14..

Yes the French act was oil based, as well. It's from that point on that things went downhill....

Cherry picking your facts only paints a slanted picture......

edit on 15-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

"Why Is Iran Our Enemy?"

Because "They" told us so.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Changed my mind about participating in this thread. I already have a headache and this will make it worse.

edit on 6/15/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Lets be fair through most governments dont seem to have a problem lying to there own people never mind another foreign nation. Its hardly just the Iranians that tell lies to suit there own agenda.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

You know they round gays up in trucks and execute them publicly?

And our wonderfull allies saudi arabia treat gays with love and affection?
edit on 15-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Why Is Iran Our Enemy?

Maybe because they keep threatening to destroy us? You know a friend does not usually say they want to destroy you.If that happened to me , I would find different "friends" to spend my time with. Getting destroyed makes for a very unpleasant day.
Get the picture ?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Because our bought and paid for Congress, Senate, President, Vice president, State Department, Supreme Court and Justice Department says so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join