It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search continues for toddler dragged into lagoon by gator at Disney hotel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The incident happened in a sandy waterfront area outside of the hotel near the Seven Seas Lagoon on hotel property around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The 2-year-old boy was on vacation with his family from Nebraska and arrived at the resort on Sunday, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

Witnesses said the family was on the beach and the boy's 4-year-old sister was in a play pen about 20 to 30 yards from the water on the sand, according to Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings. The toddler was wading in the water nearby.

Search continues for toddler dragged into lagoon by gator at Disney hotel

This is a tragic event. I cannot imagine how helpless the father felt. It's not like you can jump in and wrestle the alligator or have any chance of fighting him. I realize the news is still calling this a search and rescue, but knowing how alligators hunt and eat, this is a search for a body now. Prayers to the family. I am not sure this could have been for seen or avoided.

edit on 15-6-2016 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This has been posted 2 other times.

original ATS
edit on 15-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Would you believe there are people walking on this planet who are willing to sacrifice their kid for money. I do not say this is the motivation why this accident happened but... Some see an opportunity, think about it and make it a life changing event.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I am not sure this could have been for seen or avoided.

I am not playing "armchair saint", nor do I have any intention on judging or criticizing the family over this tragedy. My sincere condolences and sympathies are with them. Simply to answer your question:

There are "No Swimming" signs at the lagoon and no one else was in the water at the time of the attack besides the child, Demings said.
This body of water is not for recreational swimming "likely for that very reason," the reason being alligators.

edit on 6/15/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I am so sorry this happened to the family, but they were in Florida! You never, ever assume a body of water is safe from alligators down there. Ever. Not even at Disneyworld.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Its very sad; i read the article in the "Orlando Sentinel", that it was outside the Disney "Grand Floridan" in the "Seven seas" lagoon, and at the press conference at 7am, i also read it was a big alligator between "4-7 feet"..

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
to be blunt - why are they searching - and what for exactly .

my honest opinion is that the kid will " re-appear " as alligator turds in 2 to 4 weeks

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join