It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the brexit been preplanned?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: grainofsand

I think we've been conned.
We haven't been allowed a vote to actually leave.
The vote was to gauge how much resistance there is to Brussels and how much they dare to try and get away with in future.

How so? I put my 'X' in 'Leave' so unless you have evidence of electoral fraud?...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It is an advisory referendum..AKA.. means nothing..not legally binding etc...

Your parliament is free to vote however they want regardless of this vote.

A really crucial detail about the upcoming EU referendum has gone virtually unmentioned and it is probably the most crucial detail: Parliament doesn't actually have to bring Britain out of the EU if the public votes for it. That is because the result of June 23 referendum on Britain's EU membership is not legally binding. Instead, it is merely advisory, and, in theory, could be totally ignored by UK government.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I mean that it just seems like they aren't going to let us leave.
They give us all a vote then tell us we decided to stay
I don't trust any of them anymore.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dreamwatcher

It is an advisory referendum..AKA.. means nothing..not legally binding etc...

Your parliament is free to vote however they want regardless of this vote.

A really crucial detail about the upcoming EU referendum has gone virtually unmentioned and it is probably the most crucial detail: Parliament doesn't actually have to bring Britain out of the EU if the public votes for it. That is because the result of June 23 referendum on Britain's EU membership is not legally binding. Instead, it is merely advisory, and, in theory, could be totally ignored by UK government.

www.businessinsider.com...

I was aware of this but they have kept it very quiet. I think the EU can stop us leaving too?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey
you could be right there. DC has to invoke Article 50 - in which he tells the EU that we want to leave.
Then the EU has to decide if they're going to let us, and also the EEC Act from 1972 has to be legally repealed by an act of parliament, so our govt could also stop us from leaving.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Rather than asking whether the brexit was pre-planned or not, I would ask whether the result of the brexit referendum is gonna be used as a scapegoat for the upcoming banking crash caused by London and wall street! In other words:

A massive financial crisis is coming, let's have a brexit so that we can blame the incoming crisis on brexit. Western financial ruling elite are thinking.

Let's crush the economy so hard that a savior british prime minister will have to come in October to rescue the UK by imposing further catastrophic austerity. That new government will supposedly stall the brexit process indefinitely, leaving the UK in a limbo of idiocy. The UK won't be in, and won't be out ... ever!!!

How funny would it be if the EU does not accept with all its member states, the conditions set by the UK government to leave the EU. Right now Juncker is shouting: "Leave ASAP!!!", but I don't think that will ever happen.

Can you just imagine how bad it would be for the UK to be stuck in a Eurolimbo, because of internal UK divisions and unacceptable EU demands during the discussion of the "future" framework of relations between britain and the EU?
A "future" that won't come!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

I've said all along that no matter what the result was it would be used as an excuse to hammer us with austerity.
There's been an ongoing distrust of those in power for some time now. It has not gone unnoticed that a lot of hands are being rubbed together in glee.
Where there's profits to be made they will be.
Business as usual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join