It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would Islamic Extremists use ISIS, the name of the Egyptian goddess?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Or the very elitist whom are leading this chaos have named their group as Isis, ppl all around the world is joining em and i doubt they are joining cause they think it is Muslim thing but actually they know it is an more like worship of some elitist group that think they are ancient faraoh`s and what not, Gods among us simple fks.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: intrptr

Isis, goddess, mother of Horus came like 5,000 years before that.

I highly doubt they call themselves Isis.

That's what we call them and that is because it stands for Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

As far as I know it has nothing to do with the Egyptian goddess.

So, that would make her name being older than the term for the group irrelevant.
edit on 15-6-2016 by paperdoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Bluesma

lets just have a reality check here - seriously - what percentage of the english speaking world do you REALLY think has any concept of " Isis " as an alledged egeptian diety ?

I ask- is there anyone of the English speaking world who doesn't know of the goddess Isis ???

Seriously people- is there even one of you that did not ever hear of the goddess before you saw this thread??

edit on 15-6-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

why ? - we are talking about " the english speaking world "

your attempt to validate your belief with a straw poll of " ATS members " - is assanine

so the question stands - why would " teh average english speaker " know anything about a figure from a 3000 year old foreign mthology ?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
So, your hypothesis here is that they don't like the American press calling them ISIS, and that is why they did those acts?
As far as I have been able to discern, they have no problem with being called that.
I think their reasons are different than just being pissed about what we call them in the American press.

Imagine how Ayman al-Zawahiri would be going nuts in a video shouting about how international media all collectively refer to Al Qaeda as "LUCIFER", or "JEHOVAH", or "ZEUS".

But what's worse here is Isis is a female goddess which makes the concept far far worse to these women hating tyrants. So now imagine international media all collectively calling them "APHRODITE", or "GAIA", "MOTHER MARY".

I say this stinks tot he core.

Your point about them picking it for "us" to say, to get us incanting Her name, well thought!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I seem to recall in elementary school they all but had us praying to the Egyptian, the Greek, and then Roman gods.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

why ? - we are talking about " the english speaking world "

your attempt to validate your belief with a straw poll of " ATS members " - is assanine

so the question stands - why would " teh average english speaker " know anything about a figure from a 3000 year old foreign mthology ?

I have never met anyone yet who had no knowledge of the Goddess Isis. Besides learning of her in history class, she is very present in our various arts. (Mainly literature and movies.)

The reason I feel it is significant I already explained. I will do so again, in case I wasn't clear before.

The USA is a highly religious nation. It's culture is seeped with Biblical reference, whether a person is religious or not, certain images, words, and archetypes are deeply ingraved into the collective consciousness.

For example, the word "Armeggedon" which comes from the book of Revelations- people use that and understand it's meaning, even if they are not Christian. It brings to mind world wide mass destruction.

Another part of Revelations is the Whore of Babylon- which is described as a evil powerful female figure which rises up at the point of this huge battle between good and evil in the end times.

I suspect it is not pure coincidence that the press decided to use the same name as an ancient Goddess, which everyone knows the name of. Even if they do not know details about her, they are aware it is supposed to be a female, and powerful. The image in mind is the same. Babylon was in Iraq, as well. I think that the subconscious links images together and stirs up emotions attached to them.

So hearing repeatedly of our enemy with the name of a powerful female image, arising out of the middle east, is likely to strike deep chords in people. It grabs attention of the americans.

In France, I noticed it doesn't mean anything to anyone, thought they know of Isis the goddess. But also, I have yet to meet anyone here who has read the Bible!! They don't seem to know of any Biblical stories at all. Seems they mostly considered religion as a social activity.

And why didn't DAESH catch on in the US? I bet because it doesn't make any connections for them, the way ISIS does.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why would the symbol of Islam be a crescent moon (feminine symbol) and the holy day be Friday (goddess day)?
edit on 15-6-2016 by GrandCourtJester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Imagine how Ayman al-Zawahiri would be going nuts in a video shouting about how international media all collectively refer to Al Qaeda as "LUCIFER", or "JEHOVAH", or "ZEUS".

I get what you mean, basically.
Except that the concept we call "Lucifer" for example, is not the same word for them!
The closest, I think, to our idea of Lucifer is their إبليس‎‎,, which is pronounced

So although there is a intellectual connection between the concepts, I personally find that intellectual associations are much less poignant for people than are ones made of sensual memory type of connections.

That is why some people here are getting frustrated with you and saying "I.S.I.S. has nothing to do with Isis" ! -They are two different concepts, intellectually speaking.

But they have a connection in the form of image and sound memory- but only for us, the english speakers.
For us, it reunites images of female, power, and evil. Not for them.

If you called this group IABLESE... I think it would maybe effect them. Even if it means absolutely nothing to us, hearing it would conjure up images and feelings of evil to them.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If they were all merely some single language speaking isolated little group in some far off place, barely even on the tips of the tongues of Theatre Earth News, I could see sticking to this 'totally irrelevant' what 'we' call them mindset.

Aren't they this slick, international multi-chapter, media savvy organization spreading their tentacles across the planet (i.e. the ultimate global scale boogeyman)?
edit on 15-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
derppppppppppppp

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

So then, they have absolutely no clue how to interpret how we are titling them?

I did mention them making a media spectacle in efforts to teach US a lesson about what we call them. If they're the real deal, I have a hard time believing they would ever tolerate this.

The press argument: Where did they get it from if that's all this is?

Tolerate? Well, theyre beheading everything in sight, so I dont know what more you want.

The press takes their orders from up on high, so yes the name probably does have something to do with the goddess, since those "from up on high" (tptb) are obsessed with such.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join