It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA issue grant for a study on how Christianity would deal with Aliens!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 15th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If Aliens came down, I think they would a lot of praying.

Lots an lots of praying.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: namelesss

Christians give more money to the homeless than any other remotely similar institution.

If you are going to blather about Christians, you might do your homework better and make at least some faint hint of an effort to be more accurate.

Alright, Xtian, how much money have YOU given to the homeless this year?
How much resources are you taking for yourself that is causing homelessness?
A Xtian is unconditional Love (said Jesus) Charity; never taking more than his share of anything! Ever!
Thus leaving something for others!
If you wish to brag, feel free to make it personal!
How overweight are you that another must starve!
And it is the Catholic church, from their WEALTH that does more 'charitable work' than the uncharitable, hateful, pretend 'Xtians' all over the world!
Listen to the corrupt Republikkkan conservative 'Xtians; let the poor starve, just don't take our wealth!
Please, save your game for someone blind...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Christians give more money to the homeless than any other remotely similar institution.

I was just wondering: is there a study on that subject? Do you have a reference?

And how would you measure that? By using official numbers the different institutions publish? Does that include governments and NGO's? And how would that study account for the money that you give to the beggar at the supermarket door?

You do know that e.g. helping the poor is one of the five pillars of Islam (i.e. obligatory for those who can)? In Buddhism it is also a very big virtue, if not the biggest, in that it helps alleviate general suffering.

I am not saying Christians don't give money to the poor, I am just pointing out that this is a practice done by many people, religions, governments, NGO's, etc. and that it would be very hard to quantify as to who gives more.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Agnost

From an empirical perspective, I'd say students and mums out shopping give the most money to homeless people.

From simple life experience I don't think religious belief plays a great part in deciding to give money to the homeless. Even when a Christian or Muslim tosses money in the tin, or places it in the outstretched hand, they are acting from human empathy and their own consciences. They might attribute it (in hindsight) to their religious outlook on life and I'd argue that the urge to help a stranger is triggered by compassion instead.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Well it does make sense seeing NASA is in thick with the DOD.

nsarchive.gwu.edu...

NASA's Secret Relationships with U.S. Defense and Intelligence Agencies Declassified Records Trace the Many Hidden Interactions Between the U.S. Civilian and National Security Space Programs Secret Cooperation Punctuated by Disputes over Budgets, Encryption of Scientific Data, and Fallout from the Challenger Tragedy National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 509 Edited by James E. David Posted April 10, 2015 For more information contact: James E. David, [email protected] or The National Security Archive 202/944-7000, [email protected]

Spending money wisely, ensuring the fallout is contained before the Alien/NWO plan goes into effect.

are looking at how proof of aliens would effect Christians,

I think initially they will spill that there is alien life out there, then when the dust settles and they take out any "reactive" religious cults/fanatics, then they will introduce our alien overlords, who have been right here since the beginning of time.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

yep me too, i think that they will be the ancient egyptian gods Ra, isis et al. just like delonge said and movies like gods of egypt and xmen apocolypse are just tools to get us ready, or it could be all just nonsense. i prefer to think that there are aliens out there and they are just waiting to be introduced, it makes life so much more interesting.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Where do I claim my fee for the results of my study?

meh, how did you get 4.1M stars with such a simplistic study? Your fee should not exceed $500 as you neglected commenting on the Hubbardites (Scientologists) especially the opinion of the esteemed Tom Cruise.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Of course, the entire dialogue is predicated on the assumption that when/if aliens do show up, they will rebuke religion.

What if they don't? Does this "study" consider that possibility?

What if little green men show up with a picture of a little green Jesus (or whoever) and ask if we've accepted Him as our Lord and Savior?

What then?

What if the greys land in Jerusalem and demand to know why the third temple hasn't been built yet?

Hm?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It all seems to be going to the plan outlined in the scriptures, even an alien agenda

What you mean this....?

Theoretically, 7 years after aliens contact us, submit the world to their rule, Christ returns

Do you have the ear of the world leader who will pronounce this, are you one of the inner circle, as you seem to have it all figured out.
I distinctly dont remember some 7 years mentioned in Revelations as the time before they "rule over us"
I find it funny how the holy number of 7 (being "gods" no.) would apply to the alien.
What if they have 12 fingers and Base 6?
What if Lucifer cant wait 7 years?
What if God changes his mind, you know like he did with Job,
What if Lucifer tricks God again like he did in Eden?

Thats a lot of what ifs dont you think?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

from wiki

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

The Establishment Clause is a limitation placed upon the United States Congress preventing it from passing legislation respecting an establishment of religion.

You state

The biggest shock of this news for me is the fact that government agencies aren't allowed to give out grants for religious reasons

I'm shocked that you dont even understand you own links - its a study to see the effects of a pronouncement...nothing to do with the actual "running of a religion". To put it simpler its no different than a Government agency like the FBI researching some fundy doomsday cult preaching "aliens will land on x date in 2020.

The utilization of a significant amount of tax money to determine how theology — by definition a faith-based belief system — might respond to speculative future scientific discoveries is wasteful for two reasons. First, religion deals in matters of faith,

Its not wasteful if they want to measure and prepare for the States response to civil disorder, panic etc. The actions of religious people are a matter for the state to investigate. They do it all the time and then prepare the required propaganda.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Your world view is going to be turned inside out and upside down within the next 15 years.

And so will yours if your gods (Jehovah and his fallen angels) are the aliens...

sumerian goddess figurine
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

They are trying to get a better handle on when the fallen angels will overtly arise/make themselves known. However, the Vatican idiotically believes that the critters are ET's from distant lands

By the way, they descended to Mount Hermon (Book of Enoch) not fallen. Maybe in spaceships - what I dont get is where is God in all this. If angels were using spaceships and breeding with women why is God considered a spirit, when we are made in its image? If god (the demiurge Jehovah of the OT I suspect) is physical he left the stage a long time ago - or is interdimensional. I don't see many miracles like feeding the 5000 being replicated and yet time and again there have been many saints with strong faith. -

On a more positive note I suspect that these egregores will disappear in time as less people give them life. Much like Zeus and countless other gods.

wiki

Egregore (also egregor) is an occult concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people

Conversely we may be all in for a big con game with Project Blue beam run out of the Vatican/London/Washington

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

EXO-VATICANA could get you more up to speed with accurate stuff.

William Bramleys "Gods of Eden" will clarify for you how your god is also one of the Controllers, its staring everyone in the face

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
They would keep them a secret as they have been doing.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

and Jesus, Muhammad and Buddha are all best friends playing with us like the PC game command and conquer.

And what if we are gods inhabiting this "skin" forgetting out true birthright? What if when we die we meet up in the "soul room" and ask to reset the game or go on to another game in a different Universe?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

few big cruisers parked

At least it'd be quick - probably hotter than Dantes hell...cough cough...I mean the Bibles hell, cough cough I mean Gehenna Sheol Hades Hell...Heck i dont know what I mean any more

www.godsplanforall.com...

HEBREW AND GREEK WORDS MISTRANSLATED TO MEAN HELL

There are also several Bible versions that reject any notion of hell occurring in the Greek Manuscripts of the New Testament. Among others, these versions include Young’s Literal Translation, Rotherham’s Emphasized Bible and the Emphatic Diaglott Greek/English Interlinear Bible. These are amazing and shocking facts that should make any hell believing Christian stop in his tracks, and start to seriously question the validity of the doctrine of hell

It'll be a quick death

Independence Day
Death Ray - City Destroyer

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

How much resources are you taking for yourself that is causing homelessness? A Xtian is unconditional Love (said Jesus) Charity; never taking more than his share of anything! Ever!

So taking resources means homelessness for others? Where did you study economics?

You do a disservice limiting the creative force

2 Corinthians 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
2 Corinthians 9:11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
NASA issue grant for a study on how Christianity would deal with Aliens!

The same way they deal with all other species in nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join