It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA issue grant for a study on how Christianity would deal with Aliens!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Your world view is going to be turned inside out and upside down within the next 15 years.

. . . assuming that living will be that easy at all within that time.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

when you elect a new president, does things change? I dont think anything will happen, things just take time..

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

The establishment clause prevents the federal government from endorsing one religion over others (a state religion) and the intent was to prevent a roccurrence of the British Sovereign, who is also head of the Anglican church.

Last I saw federal courts have ruled Public funds can go to churches for improvements that serve a civic purpose, but not to promote religion.

Also the NASA initiative is for a larger overall study of the implications of extraterrestrial life and its impact on society, in this case religion. I think its prudent to look at that aspect and I also think its relevant to have the religious groups themselves provide the answer.

As for other religions some already have adopted views that extraterrestrial life is possible. I thought I read somewhere that Islam accepts the view of extraterrestrial life based on the Quran.

I believe extraterrestrial life exists in the universe. The fundamental question a government has to ask itself is how would disclosure affect society and how to gauge the time when disclosure should occur.

Personally speaking I think the government is using reverse psychology. By consistently denying ET existence the public continues to push for it. I think at some point it will hit critical mass and the government will disclose it.

Instead of the government alone deciding when the time is right they can use public push back on their denials as a guide.
edit on 15-6-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This isn't going to effect their Muslim outreach program is it?

edit on 15-6-2016 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

This is one of the most important books I know of on the topic

EXO-VATICANA:

By Tom Horn and Cris Putnam
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1465992727&sr=1-1&keywords =exo-vaticana
Also worth checking out are L.A. Marzulli's youtube videos on the topic.
Here's my quick collection of those videos:
L.A. MARZULLI NEPHILIM RELATED VIDEOS:
LAMARZULLI.COM
LA MARZULLI Interdimensional Nephilim Wars
www.youtube.com...
= = =
L.A. Marzulli discusses Watchers and the Days of Chaos with SkyWatch TV
www.youtube.com...
= = =
Prophecy So Scary Even LA Marzulli Wanted to Avoid It! It’s Happening!!
www.youtube.com...
= = =
LA MARZULLI Interview: Supernatural Warfare, Politics & Prophecy (Nephilim-Alien Deception)
www.youtube.com...

And Dr Chuck Missler's youtube's as well, on the topic.
My file on that:
DR CHUCK MISSLER NEPHILIM
Former Branch Chief DOD RE Guided Missles

Chuck Missler Return Of The Nephilim, UFO’s, Aliens & Bible
www.youtube.com...
= = =
Chuck Missler: Secret Societies, Nephilim, Ancient Cities, & UFO’s Part 1 of 2
www.youtube.com...
= = =
UFO’s, Aliens End Times from Bible Scholar Dr Chuck Missler
On Sid Roth
www.youtube.com...
= = =
Chuck Missler Nephilim Rephaim Anakim Emim
www.youtube.com...
= = =

edit on 15/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: left out part

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I think your research may be lacking.

A paradigm shift is looming . . . the likes of which has not occurred for thousands of years.

The indicators have been increasing in brazenness, intensity, breadth, presence, diversity . . . globally . . . at a sometimes chocking pace.

Yes, things can and do change.

The current traitor in the WH has escalated the neutering of our military wholesale in prepping for WWIII. He has furthered the shredding of our foundational values and the social fabric of our culture to an extreme I'd not have thought possible in such a short time. He has facilitated the entry of 10's of thousands of Jihadi's into our country--and their arms and nukes--at a shocking rate and in shocking numbers. I'll stop rather than raise my BP this early in the morning. LOL.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Evidently you have not read

EXO-VATICANA.

They have at least 2 observatories. One in Rome and one on IIRC Kit Peak in AZ.

The one in AZ, they have cooperated with other institutions in setting up a very expensive and very exotic camera. The acronym for it is (I kid you not):

L.U.C.I.F.E.R.

They are not trying to look for/prove God. They are trying to get a better handle on when the fallen angels will overtly arise/make themselves known. However, the Vatican idiotically believes that the critters are ET's from distant lands, regardless of the considerable evidence otherwise.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

well, i think you are overstretching it a bit; two centuries is more likely the number..

I know the whole "Borg" scenario, but dont you think its fearmongering?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Christians give more money to the homeless than any other remotely similar institution.

If you are going to blather about Christians, you might do your homework better and make at least some faint hint of an effort to be more accurate.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

They've been here manipulating things with governments for a very long time.

Their efforts within the Vatican are . . . shocking and little known.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I don't know what fairy tales you have been reading but . . . in terms of authentic Christians, you could not be more WRONG.

EXO-VATICANA could get you more up to speed with accurate stuff.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

No. Not overstating it. More likely understating it.

The "ET's" boss has been planning, strategizing etc. toward this day since the Garden of Eden.

The changes will leave many people catatonic . . . and many dying because "their hearts fail them for fear."

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I read some frustration, somehow i always seem to recall a few words saying;" What would Jesus do ". I like you Bo Xian, an old man with a wise tale, you have many stories i want to hear..

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Some of the most powerful mutants ever walked this earth has joined team ET..

Edit; Disregard the almost omnipotent one, he is more true to his nature. zero control
edit on 2016615 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Im not allowed to reply to your kind words, ATS staff - wont grant me that privilege..

Pandora opens a jar containing death and many other evils which were released into the world. She hastened to close the container, but the whole contents had escaped except for one thing that lay at the bottom – Elpis (usually translated "Hope", though it could also mean "Expectation").

Hope is always there, there is always a peaceful solution to a paradigm which has outlived its purpose.. But the expectations of what is to come is something history has shown all to many times...
Look at what the demigods of the new world and their alchemy can achieve before placing a cruse upon anything ..

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
a reply to: Davg80

If a superior race of Aliens contact Earth and proclaim "there is no God, life evolved/was seeded from elsewhere/etc" religious people (especially from low-socioeconomic/developing nations) would chimp out as everything they've put their faith into is declared to be false.

Christians would simply say the aliens are not religiously enlightened, or that maybe they lost their belief in god somewhere along the way to becoming an advanced spacefaring species, much like many of us humans have lost their belief in God (or any Supreme being) along the way.

Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc could still claim that even though the aliens do not believe in the Judeao/Christian/Muslim "God", that does not mean that God does not exist; it simply means that the aliens don't believe, or "lost" that faith sometime in their prehistory.

The bottom line is this:

If an alien says "there is no God", then a human who believes in God could simply say "You're wrong." Being an advanced technological species does not necessarily mean that they know all of the answers to everything...

...or even the answer to Douglas Adams' question about the answer to "Life, the Universe, and Everything". :ham

edit on 2016-6-15 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

You forgot to mention how the Scientologists would hook up volt meters to them and charge them for making them go "clear"
and the Mormons would make them wear temple underwear, tithe 10% and force them to revere Donny and Marie Osmond.

But good first effort!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I kinda left out the "fringe" whackos!

Not that I'd ever say or post anything remotely disparaging about the Scientologists, great bunch of benevolent and level headed people that they are!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: Sometimes

I think they only own one observatory, I would think that the discovery of aliens would make a mockery of the bible and religion in general.

No doubt they will have concocted some excuse for it to confirm the existence of god. I wonder how they would react if aliens appeared and confirmed evolution.

I agree. The discovery WILL make a mockery of the bible and religion(s) worldwide. I believe that some religious leaders have knowledge of aliens but keep the information hidden to keep themselves relevant. I think they are trying to find a way to introduce the "truth" and also keep themselves relevant; thus, the by NASA.
edit on 15-6-2016 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
A handful of aliens show up in mysterious UFO, claim they are from a star system so distant we have no chance of confirming (or escaped mars millions of years ago, but we still can't confirm), become our new overlords. The Great Deception. In reality they are evil spirits created by God inhabiting a physical form they've created from experimenting on human DNA and have been around Earth since the fall from Heaven.

I just saved NASA millions of dollars and years of wasted "work".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join