It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA issue grant for a study on how Christianity would deal with Aliens!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Yes it would seem the American Government are looking at how proof of aliens would effect Christians, this news to me is very interesting. the study which has to last over the course of 3 years.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

The Catholic Church is already ready for alien contact and have told their followers that it would not impede at all on their religion. How they make sense of it, no idea, but it was talked about several years ago. Not to mention, the Catholic Church owns many observatories for some illogical reason, as if they were searching for Jesus on another planet to come back and save them.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Lol they would have to deal with it just as the rest of us would.

That said it's interesting,, mainly cause I've never heard of this kind of study done before, are NASA/US Gov going to introduce/declassify that Aliens exists and do a study before they do??
edit on 15-6-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The Christians would find out where they came from and send missionaries to spread the word and try to convert them.

The Muslims would declare Jihad against the unbelievers.

The Hindus would worship them.

The Buddhists would accept them and carry on as normal.

The Jews would claim THEY are the chosen people....so there.... steal the alien tech and sell it to the Chinese for a nice little profit.

Where do I claim my fee for the results of my study?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

If a superior race of Aliens contact Earth and proclaim "there is no God, life evolved/was seeded from elsewhere/etc" religious people (especially from low-socioeconomic/developing nations) would chimp out as everything they've put their faith into is declared to be false.

Some religions would deny science and proclaim it to be a trick by evil Westerners to destroy Islam/Judaism/Voodoo/&c

Christian numbers are dwindling. In Australia we've already seen Anglican Churches become politicised with banners that are pro marriage equality, welcoming refugees, for women's rights in an attempt to make themselves relevant again.

Theoretically, In the 30 years after Aliens contact us and declare there is no God, religions may face losing their tax free status, and their relevance. This will force them to siphon their money into their charity branches such as soup kitchens and homeless shelters

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Christians mostly accept aliens, we call them God, Angels and demons.
Not of this world.

We expect them to show up in the very near future, dont see what all the fuss is about, just a waste of money.
We also mostly believe in lots of other unusual things the secular world dont believe in as well

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

If a superior race of Aliens contact Earth and proclaim "there is no God, life evolved/was seeded from elsewhere/etc" religious people (especially from low-socioeconomic/developing nations) would chimp out as everything they've put their faith into is declared to be false.

Some religions would deny science and proclaim it to be a trick by evil Westerners to destroy Islam/Judaism/Voodoo/&c

Christian numbers are dwindling. In Australia we've already seen Anglican Churches become politicised with banners that are pro marriage equality, welcoming refugees, for women's rights in an attempt to make themselves relevant again.

Theoretically, In the 30 years after Aliens contact us and declare there is no God, religions may face losing their tax free status, and their relevance. This will force them to siphon their money into their charity branches such as soup kitchens and homeless shelters

Wow really, you saying or just assuming there is a superior race, I am thinking when Christ shows up you might just chimp out yourself, not being rude, just using your euphemism
You plan to surrender to aliens, goggle eyes or reptilians, whatever

Christian numbers are dwindling in the West, yet the East
www.washingtonpost.com...
Once persecution starts in the West, many will reflect on their waning beliefs, its foretold

Lets just wait and see before you go blowing your trumpet, so far as I can see, prophecy from scripture is right on the money

Theoretically, 7 years after aliens contact us, submit the world to their rule, Christ returns

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sometimes

I think they only own one observatory, I would think that the discovery of aliens would make a mockery of the bible and religion in general.

No doubt they will have concocted some excuse for it to confirm the existence of god. I wonder how they would react if aliens appeared and confirmed evolution.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

See just the thought of Aliens disproving religion is getting you huffy under the collar

Please reread my post to answer your question

Where did you read that I was going to "surrender to aliens" ??
You just claimed that "The Bibles full of Angles, Aliens, Demons" and then you seem to suggest that it's a negative thing to surrender to them..?

No, Jesus will not show up to be saving anyone and if he did I'd look at it with scientific curiosity not by mindless chimping out.

Organised religion is in the business of selling you a theoretical ticket to the afterlife. You pay with your tithings you pay with your time every Sunday.

The scripture says a lot of things, the priest proclaims "happy are the poor" meanwhile his fridge is never empty. And basically every religion has prophesies: Islam claims mathematical calculations within the text which it borrowed from Judaism, several religions claim the second coming of the dear leader etc

edit on 15-6-2016 by Kalixi because: elaborating

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
NASA issue grant for a study on how Christianity would deal with Aliens!

Where does NASA get their money!?
If it from the public, the damned fools cannot have any more of mine!
What an absolutely IDIOTIC waste among a plethora of idiotic wastes!

Who cares how 'Xtians' would deal with Reality?
They haven't been doing too well for the last 2,000 years!!!
Their pointy little goombah heads can implode for all I care!
Give the money to the homeless!
The 'Xtians' sure won't!

edit on 15-6-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Brookings Report - Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Space Activities for Human Affairs - 1960

The report has become noted for one short section entitled "The implications of a discovery of extraterrestrial life", which examines the potential implications of such a discovery on public attitudes and values. The section briefly considers possible public reactions to some possible scenarios for the discovery of extraterrestrial life, stressing a need for further research in this area. It recommends continuing studies to determine the likely social impact of such a discovery and its effects on public attitudes, including study of the question of how leadership should handle information about such a discovery and under what circumstances leaders might or might not find it advisable to withhold such information from the public. The significance of this section of the report is a matter of controversy. Persons who believe that extraterrestrial life has already been confirmed and that this information is being withheld by government from the public sometimes turn to this section of the report as support for their view. Frequently cited passages from this section of the report are drawn both from its main body[2] and from its footnotes.[3]

edit on 15-6-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

This is hilarious it should be the other way round and not just christians for heavens sake!

How would any of us deal with aliens - we would probably be terrified especially if they were carnivorous.

Don't care how 'old fashioned' this sounds but I hope they never arrive because I think its too big a gamble.
edit on 15-6-2016 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Let me now r epeat my statement
In words clearer for you

It all seems to be going to the plan outlined in the scriptures, even an alien agenda
The rise of satans final front to destroy the church

You would do well to watch and consider what happens, what's coming

Chimp out

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Christians would burn their churches, muslims would burn their mosques, jews their synagoges... All these religious nuts would wake up and see who is coming from "heaven". It´s, for example, not the bearded old, nice man climbing down a ladder, loving all of us.

At this moment they would mention that they believed in fairy tales their whole life, and would become angry...

Then later they would start to worship the aliens as the new messiah, son of gods or whatever.

Or those aliens would act like "gods", like C3PO did with the Ewoks, and religious fairy tale believer would believe, again...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
firstly sorry about the short OP, i was in a rush this morning and wanted to get this news that i recently found out, out there for discussion. The biggest shock of this news for me is the fact that government agencies aren't allowed to give out grants for religious reasons because religions cannot be verified and empirically investigated.
For me some sort of "big" disclosure is going to happen, whether it involves "truth" that remains to be seen.

another link for yous to mull over.

www.patheos.com...

“The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment prohibits any ‘sponsorship, financial support, and active involvement of the sovereign in religious activity,'” FFRF Staff Attorney Andrew Seidel writes to NASA officials. “Specifically, the government may not fund religious projects, as various courts have ruled over the years.”
Then there is the issue of use and misuse of scarce taxpayer dollars. The utilization of a significant amount of tax money to determine how theology — by definition a faith-based belief system — might respond to speculative future scientific discoveries is wasteful for two reasons.
First, religion deals in matters of faith, not fact, and faith-based arguments inevitably boil down to arguments that cannot be settled by appeal to empirical evidence. Second, history shows that religion does one of two things when presented with scientific discovery: denial or incorporation of the fact as “evidence” or “proof.”
Regards.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
3 years and roughly 5000 pages containing "Aliens? Aliens!" over and over plus a link to a Youtube video where they asked some random people on the street what they think about aliens. That'll be 1 million dollars please!
edit on 15-6-2016 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Brookings Report - Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Space Activities for Human Affairs - 1960

The report has become noted for one short section entitled "The implications of a discovery of extraterrestrial life", which examines the potential implications of such a discovery on public attitudes and values. The section briefly considers possible public reactions to some possible scenarios for the discovery of extraterrestrial life, stressing a need for further research in this area. It recommends continuing studies to determine the likely social impact of such a discovery and its effects on public attitudes, including study of the question of how leadership should handle information about such a discovery and under what circumstances leaders might or might not find it advisable to withhold such information from the public. The significance of this section of the report is a matter of controversy. Persons who believe that extraterrestrial life has already been confirmed and that this information is being withheld by government from the public sometimes turn to this section of the report as support for their view. Frequently cited passages from this section of the report are drawn both from its main body[2] and from its footnotes.[3]

Ok thanks that sums it up in more ways.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

a reply to: wmd_2008

I think they only own one observatory

yes, but does it have negative ionic crystal lasers

edit on 15-6-2016 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Not surprising at all.

They have been ramping up the prepping for said disclosure for quite a while now.

Buckle seat belts folks.

The tyranny then will be massively worse than ever, unstoppable and absolutely horrific.

All under thick layers of propagandized white-wash, of course.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I would love to see the aliens visit the US, wasnt there a movie called independence day 2? I thought the americans always fought against aliens.. Maybe now they are already here ?
edit on 2016615 by tikbalang because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join