It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US is probably safer than where you live

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Overall population density is one of the most abused statistics when comparing countries, as far as I am concerned.

Oh, well as far as you are concerned that's an entirely different matter...

If you compare the US to Australia using population density to arable land, or urban density, you will find things far more comparable.

There's a reason the middle of America is called 'fly over country' and it isn't because of the aerial view.

EDIT: My bad, I was comparing square miles density of USA to square kilometers of Australia. I made that correction, and I'm comparing the density of the Victoria territory to the USA. Victoria seems to have the most people for its size.

Victoria has a density of 23.54 ppl/sq.km.
1 sq.mile = 2.59 sq.km
23.54 * (2.59/1) = 60.97 ppl/sq.mile

At 60.97 ppl/sq.mile the Victoria territory lies right between Arizona (#33, 60.1) and Mississippi (#32, 63.8)

So yeah... no real comparison to Australia urban areas and USA.
edit on 16-6-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Looks like the Mafia keeps Italy pretty darned safe.
Maybe that protection money is worth it. They actually seem to 'protect.'

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
LISTERN KIDS ,IF THE LAW DOES F-ALL THEN F-ALL CHANGES .MORE CRACK DOWN MEANS IT WILL BE HARDER TO TO GO OUT ONE DAY AND BUY GUNS AND AMMO ,JUST BE BECAUSE SOME-ONE HATES ANOTHER PERSON IS NO EXCUSE TO KILL AND INJURE .IF YOU MAKE WEAPONS EASY TO BUY ,IT MAKES IT EASY TO KILL. TAKE AWAY TOOLS OF DEATH AND MORE PEOPLE WILL LIVE, IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE,IF WE WANT PEACE ONE DAY THERE WILL BE PEACE. PLEASE LETS HAVE IT IN MY LIFE-TIME AND THANK GOD WE DIDNT DIE BECAUSE WE HAD SOME BULLSH1T LAW WHICH SAYS WE COULD BUY A GUN.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
PLEASE #1NG WAKE UP PEOPLE , GOD LOVES YOU ALL.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
population obviously skews this as it is a (relatively) uncommon event

of the nations with a large population, the US is #1 with a bullet

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
THESE #1NG NUT JOBS OF THE WORLD SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DICKTATE TO THE REST OF US HOW WE SHOULD LIVE OR WHAT WE CAN DO IN LIFE ,WE SHOULD ALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE OUT OUR DAYS IN THE WAY WE SEE FIT. IF THE TOYS ARE NOT THERE THEN THE TWATS MIGHT LEAVE US ALONE.WE ARE ALL HERE FOR A REASON AND WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO GET ON WITH OUR LIVES AS WE SEE FIT .AND THAT IS WITHOUT THE NEED TO KILL ONE-ANOTHER.NO #1NG IFS OR BUTS.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join