It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Year Old Dragged Into Lagoon By Alligator At Disney Resort

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
I bet there were tons of beware of Alligator signs everywhere.

I'll double your bet that 2 year olds don't read signs.
Horribly tragic but a reminder that there is no place on Earth that is completely safe 24/7.
Nature can and will intrude on anything we can build.
Just last week my friend sent me a text and a picture of black bear in his back yard yet he lives well inside the city where nobody would have expected to have seen a bear.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I couldn't believe it when I heard it on the news.

Horrible.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The news readers are still announcing that the 2 year old child is still missing.
Really?
How about they electroshock the lagoon and remove all the alligators.
The seven footer with a big belly needs to be opened up.

Prepare for another lawsuit, Disney World.

I would sue the ass off of them.

You pay to get in the place, I am thinking that being fed to alligators is not the attraction that people pay a fee to attend.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
What a horrible thing that has happened. That poor child and his parents!! I live in the Dallas area and we also have gators in the lakes. There is a website on Texas gators and what to do when you spot one. Most of the time they are aggressive is when they have been fed and lose their fear of humans. (I still wonder about the gator that was caught strolling along the lawn of a Dallas middle school last month!)

Was this gator being fed by tourists in the past? I understand there were NO SWIMMING signs but not everyone knows it's because there are gators in the area. The child wasn't swimming.

I feel for the parents. What a nightmare tragedy. Disney World is supposed to be safe for children and I bet the parents thought gators would've been kept out of theme park's hotel lakes and lagoons.

Awful, awful, awful....

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Agreed.

Disney being a site that families flock too, if there is a recreation area near a lake, they should be monitoring/dragging that lake regularly to make sure it's safe. No swimming signs or not. They purport to be safe.

This is so sad. I can't even imagine being the family right now. What a mind#.

I swear, I'm beginning to reconsider my upcoming trip to FL. It's always some # with FL.

Also, Disney can know about a potential terrorist that cases the place with his family, looking like every other family there but not a gator in a lake?
edit on 6/15/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Also, Disney can know about a potential terrorist that cases the place with his family, looking like every other family there but not a gator in a lake?

Yes, good point.
I was running that through my mind.... are the people running Disney security that good? Or was the terrorist and his wife that damn obvious?
So much in that story doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Agreed.

Disney being a site that families flock too, if there is a recreation area near a lake, they should be monitoring/dragging that lake regularly to make sure it's safe. No swimming signs or not. They purport to be safe.

This is so sad. I can't even imagine being the family right now. What a mind#.

I swear, I'm beginning to reconsider my upcoming trip to FL. It's always some # with FL.

They just dragged four alligators out of that lagoon but none seem to be the one that attacked the boy. Exactly how many gators are in there?!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: abe froman
I bet there were tons of beware of Alligator signs everywhere.

I'll double your bet that 2 year olds don't read signs.
Horribly tragic but a reminder that there is no place on Earth that is completely safe 24/7.
Nature can and will intrude on anything we can build.
Just last week my friend sent me a text and a picture of black bear in his back yard yet he lives well inside the city where nobody would have expected to have seen a bear.

After watching a video of the incident I am a little surprised to see this lagoon so close to the hotel. All they're admitting is that the boy was playing on the edge of the water.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nothing good happens in Florida... Holy hell how does this even happen? Parents, always be around your children in predator filled territory, like the waterways of Florida...sigh

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Yes, on the fake beach Disney created.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
And all because they won't let people hunt these critters to extinction. A child suffered a horrible, frighting death and a family traumatized.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Domo1

Yes! I'm granting you that request. This week can f#×ck itself right the F×÷k off!😠

I can only offer

A puppy.

Oh thank you. That cheered me up more than you can imagine.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
yup...i'm crying.....63 years old......tears won't stop.....

reading ats members help

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvianI just read about this this morning. How heart breaking. My heart goes out to this family. My heart sank when I read this story. How saddening.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I am a glass half empty kind of guy.
I noticed that someone cut half of the puppy's tail off.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I have been around for a long time. Several things tend to be very apparent. In the south, from Texas all of the way down to Florida, there are gators and venomous snakes that will go to a water source. And in many places, there are often signs that state, stay our of the water, or no swimming. That means one does not go into the water, cause there is a danger there. And from the looks and sounds of such, the parents ignored the sign that said no Swimming.

This is sad, but after looking at the pictures of the area and the water, I think that they are going to change the signs and if there is a trial, probably settle out of court.

Perhaps if people read the signs and did not do things like go into the water when it says no swimming, alot less of this would happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

He wasn't swimming. He was two years old. He was walking on the beach, toes in the water, with his Dad right next to him. On a beach Disney installed. Why create a beach if the water is not going to be safe? Not even to dip you toes?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Stopping gators from getting to water is kinda like trying to stop the tide from coming in.. good luck with that.

To the people that think gators should be hunted to extinction... look at the list of fatal gator attacks and get your priorities right... there is a laundry list of things that could kill a child before you reach the danger of a gator attack.

You cannot remove a top level predator from an eco-system without a cascade effect through the entire area, I am sorry the kid died, but gators are about as far down the list of potential killers in Florida as you can get.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yeah, Florida is one big WTF!?
Just google Florida Man.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by:

Exactly. kosmicjack
a reply to: sdcigarpig

He wasn't swimming. He was two years old. He was walking on the beach, toes in the water, with his Dad right next to him. On a beach Disney installed. Why create a beach if the water is not going to be safe? Not even to dip you toes?

Exactly! The Ariel view is obvious this was recreation area. The kid could have been dragged from the waters edge just as easily.

It really wouldn't be very hard to have a program made attached to a fish finder that made an alarm for large animals near the shore. I mean as a bare minimum.

Not to mention shore barriers and netting with alarms. Or any number or safety measures in gatorville. Maybe a beware of gators sign so people from Nebraska understand Disney hasn't actually taken any safety measures.
edit on 15-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join