It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Year Old Dragged Into Lagoon By Alligator At Disney Resort

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This isn't like that at all.

Going hiking or going to a resort are not the same behaviors.

The kid who climber the gorilla cage that is on his parents. If the gorrilla cage had no fence that is in the zoo.

If you go hiking you dont sleep with your food. If you go to a resort they serve you while sun bathing.

Maybe during mating season they should be a little more careful about explaining the situation.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Double.

edit on 17-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Fence did not stop the kid in the Gorilla cage. Kids are kids. It is up to us as adults to protect them. I am not siding with Disney but this is like when a bear attacks. Everyone wants all bears killed. You are in their environment. This is separate from the theme park. It is outside. There are controls in place but it is the wild.

Yeah, but the parents of the recent gorilla incident knew there were gorillas inside the enclosure. These parents, from Nebraska, would have no reason to believe there would be alligators at a family Disney resort...unless there were signs or they were warned in another way. Clearly, they weren't the only parents taking kids to that beach. One mother even came forward that had her own son there a half hour before this child was attacked. He, too, was walking at the water's edge -- she snapped some pics.

If the parents were warned about alligators THEN it is, in fact, their responsibility to keep themselves and their children away.

Also, the mother in the gorilla case was the ONLY ONE with knowledge of the imminent danger. Her kid repeatedly asked to go into the enclosure and she repeatedly told him, "no." He was not taking no for an answer and she knew that, but she turned her attention elsewhere anyway.

In the present case, Disney was the only party that knew of the danger and they didn't warn their patrons.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ok, two at once...

I was stating about fences and kids. I am not comparing them except to address fences. So they put up a fences, a kid climbs it and gets attacked. Disney would still settle and there would be a dead child. Fences are not the answer here. Better communication from staff yes but fences no.

A good local article. They do a lot already at Disney.

www.orlandosentinel.com...

It is not enough of a nuisance for the person checking people in to say beware of gators. Actually, in many cases, gators provide wonderment because people see them. Something tragic occurs and it is kill all the animals...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Ok, two at once...

I was stating about fences and kids. I am not comparing them except to address fences. So they put up a fences, a kid climbs it and gets attacked. Disney would still settle and there would be a dead child. Fences are not the answer here. Better communication from staff yes but fences no.

I can assure you that Disney's liability insurer would NOT allow them to settle if they had evidence they were not negligent. No. Way.

It won't be Disney paying up, it will be their liability insurer...and they are going to fight if there is a viable legal defense.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This is just to hard to believe. Everything that's going on Orlando all has links to the columbine shooting in Colorado. Jeffery dahmer and the respect wildlife categories. I am Stan from eminem believe it or not. I believe these shootings are all orchestrated and the government is treating it's citizens like lab rats. Aliens are real .the government doesn't even exist. We are all just lambs to the slaughter.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: antichrist777
This is just to hard to believe. Everything that's going on Orlando all has links to the columbine shooting in Colorado. Jeffery dahmer and the respect wildlife categories. I am Stan from eminem believe it or not. I believe these shootings are all orchestrated and the government is treating it's citizens like lab rats. Aliens are real .the government doesn't even exist. We are all just lambs to the slaughter.

What?! What does the alligator attack have to do with the Columbine shooting? Explain yoursrlf.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Yeah...Disney was GROSSLY negligent. And it won't change unless they are made to paid millions in a lawsuit:

Lawyer says he warned Disney about alligators last year when one approached his son who was wading in a lagoon - and he was told they were 'resident pets'

I see you found an article of the interview I saw on CNN. This doesn't look good for Disney World.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It is not enough of a nuisance for the person checking people in to say beware of gators. Actually, in many cases, gators provide wonderment because people see them. Something tragic occurs and it is kill all the animals...

Unfortunately, what is considered normal and commonplace for locals, can be quite foreign and scary for visitors.

The comment made by the Disney staff about the alligators reportedly seen in the water, as being resident pets, was likely a local joke, because their presence was normal, natural, and common for the area. They may have been trying to assuage the guest's fears, but a little more information, and instruction, should have been included.

I think it was here where I saw the comment made that, Florida is only second to Australia, in the number of resident critters that want to eat or kill you. People that live in Australia or in Florida, understand the humor, and the truth, in that statement. We also know that the odds of that happening is greater than us being hit by lighting.

By the way, I was hit by lighting, knocked face down in a shopping mall parking lot, and nearly drowned there. Have been nearly eaten alive by fire ants, bitten by a brown recluse spider, nearly hit by the barb of a sting ray while snorkeling, had a stand-off with a wild boar, and a Florida Panther, on different occasions, and waiting for my next near miss, hoping I will be able to write about it.

Florida can really be exciting.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yeah Florida can be really fun. I moved here about 8 years ago from North Carolina. I'm a couple hour drive from the coast and we still have gators. First thing I learned is, if there is water, there are gators.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Haha! That was an interesting comment!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

if there is water, there are gators.

That should be the State Motto.

People don't get it.

I live in the woods. About six miles from my house, just where the dirt road ends, is a big canal. I guess the word got out because people started to show up in groups to fish.

One evening on my way out, there was a group of them out there with a grill, fishing tackle, and children. The children where running up and down the canal bank, a good football length from the adults.

I normally don't stop because my neighbors had already had some nasty confrontations with a few folk that think that it is perfectly okay to trespass on other people's property, if they don't see a building on it, but I was forced to stop.

As soon as I stopped, I could see a few starting to cop an attitude. I greeted them kindly, and I informed them that there were at least six alligators that have been seen sunning themselves alone that canal, right where their children are playing, and three of those alligators are twice the size of the largest child out there.

No one said a word. They just looked at me and each other. I told them that it would be wise if they were going to gather there, that they should keep their children away from the banks and within arms reach of them. They still said nothing. I wished them a blessed evening and went on my way.

People can be stupid. Throw in some booze, a little ego, and a bit of pride, and stupid starts to lean towards insanity.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yeah it's kinda crazy. There is a pond in the middle of the city near me. Jogging trail around it and ducks everywhere. It's in the MIDDLE OF THE CITY for cripes sake and a gator has been seen there on occasion. You don't have to be in an out of the way place to see gators in Florida.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I wonder.... Would we be having a disagreement over the No Swimming signs if the boy was merely walking alongside the lagoon with his dad, not touching the water, and was snatched by a gator?

Gators can come up on land to snatch prey. Would Disney then be liable for not posting alligator warning signs?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join