It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DisneyWorld ALERTED FBI About Mateen

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Exactly...Disney (irony here) is not a "mickey mouse" operation when it comes to crowd security. Their economic future depends on safe and happy visitors.

What the hell did those two DO to have Disney not only notice them, but refer their actions to the FBI?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20856999]ladyinwaiting[/post)

It's breaking news right now on WFTV in Florida--that's where the Townhall contributor got the lead. As every media outlet in the world has descended upon the Orlando area, I would trust the "inside" contacts a local reporter would have to scoop the outsiders.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
a reply to: [post=20856999]ladyinwaiting[/post)

It's breaking news right now on WFTV in Florida--that's where the Townhall contributor got the lead. As every media outlet in the world has descended upon the Orlando area, I would trust the "inside" contacts a local reporter would have to scoop the outsiders.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Disney admitting this publicly is sure to make the Obama administration take action...

..against Disney for "racial profiling".

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Oh, my! James Comey needs to answer some questions for real now! I still wonder why Obama would appoint a Republican FBI director. Obama, imo, absolutely HATES Republicans with all their nosy questions, criticisms, and demands for answers, and yet, he gives Comey the job just before the crap hits the fan about Hillary. Hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
They didn't do anything and Disney didn't alert anybody as far as I know.

It is all cell phone GPS movement data placing him casing Disney springs. Must have had an iphone.

They visited Disney parks recently. Disney voluntarily handed over this data from their database. As they should . Disney has an incredibly powerful mainframe, millions of visitors per year are tracked and logged. You do not get into any of these parks without having to provide ID at some point in the transaction. Your faces and in most cases even an index finger print are logged.

As far as I hear that is all that happened, it is possible he was flagged if he attempted to bring a weapon into the park but I doubt he would have been that stupid.

Disney Springs it should be noted is NOT a theme park or a resort but a shopping/entertainment area owned by Disney with full unfettered public access and no security checkpoints, unlike all the theme parks.

I was actually in Orlando with my family when this happened. We awoke Sunday morning, our leaving day to fly back to New York after a few days there on a work related thing for my wife. We had most of the day to spend before our flight home. The news just had me fizzing. I was so angry. I was convinced the airport would be beyond #ed up and I was even suggesting trying to drive home. We went to Disney Springs, defiantly having a good time just like everyone else there. I was melting in the heat but we walked around the stores, I love that place, especially Raglan Road, the Irish pub. My wife and daughter went up in the hot air balloon and we enjoyed an insanely expensive meal at 'The Boathouse'

I find out today this bastard was casing this place out as a potential target instead of the nightclub. That he was there just a matter of hours before my wife and daughter and myself were. It's a wee bit hard to take. This one was a little too close to home.

One more thing. Orlando airport was surreal. There was no panic, no long lines, no tons of cops with machine guns. In fact there was just as many smiling faces and laughing kids in that place as there always is. I saw two sniffer dogs, that was about it. Everyone has seen this # so many times it isn't even a big deal any more. We are completely un-terrified.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: SaturnFX

So guity until proven innocent? Whatever happened to due process?

It was replaced by gun free zones, and safe spaces.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The FBI were alerted by Russian authorities on the Boston bombers before the incident.

On Sunday, a Dagistani police official source revealed to NBC News that the Russian internal security service contacted the FBI in November with some questions about Tamerlan and handed over a copy of a case file on him.

***SNIP***

'The FBI also interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev and family members. The FBI did not find any terrorism activity, domestic or foreign, and those results were provided to the foreign government in the summer of 2011.'

One theory into the motive for the bombings is that Tamerlan and Dzhokhar may have been ‘inspired’ by a rebel leader known as Russia’s Bin Laden.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

They didn't do anything about the Boston bombers with a whole file and warnings. They had reason to suspect the Orlando shooter but couldn't find anything.

This whole "see something say something" is bull. I mean, when a foreign government hands over a whole case file and gives info on possible terrorist activity and the FBI is STILL blind to the issues, what good would it do the average citizen to say something?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Anyone on a no fly list should have their right to bear arms if not suspended, then curtailed down to just a musket until they sort out the issue and perhaps get a clear by a psychologist...

Don't even try to push that crap.

FYI Congressman have been put on those lists.

Supposedly the FEDS couldn't prove the guy was a 'terrorist'

So ignore their civil liberties on a list with absolutely No Proof to begin with.

7 Ways That You (Yes, You) Could End Up On A Terrorist Watch List

Is that the kind of country you want to live in Saturn?

Where people constitutional RIGHTS get ignored for absolutely NO reason or PROOF required ?

IS IT ?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Where people constitutional RIGHTS get ignored for absolutely NO reason or PROOF required ?

IS IT ?

The governemnt seemingly can already infringe on your right to movement by having the no fly list anyhow, so either that should go, or expand it to add a few more things, and make it easier to get off the list.

We already live in that kind of country. This dude was on no fly and watchlists.
Yeah, I wanna live in a country that would stop the sale of guns to suspected islamic radicals.
sorry about your feels, snowflake, but my desire to not get murdered by fanatics that government knows about overrules your flag waving. if you are talking about murdering civilians, I think its our duty to believe you and defang you until you're sorted out.

I also think that concealed weapons permits should be encouraged to get by responsible citizens and club owners should have bouncers packing.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

It's not that they're scared of political correctness, it's that what do you want them to do? It's not illegal to plan or intend to do anything unless you can get someone on a conspiracy charge and there's spousal privileges that prevent conspiracy in this case.

In any other event, you can't arrest someone for something illegal that they've done until they've actually done it. It's a little issue with pre crime. When you start arresting people because they might shoot someone in the future you go down a very slippery slope.

originally posted by: Snarl
Why not just make gun-free zones illegal. Let's call any attempt to create a gun-free zone an Infringement and an act of Treason ... and ensure the penalty includes being stripped of US citizenship.

Allowing guns in places like clubs and bars where the goal is to get drunk is just asking for trouble.

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Sublimecraft

There's to many morons with their hands in the pot they need to give control back to the military and let them run the intelligence gathering services and do what the military is good at.

Killing our enemies.

Did you just support giving the military the ability to arbitrarily threat assess American citizens, and then kill them, including on American soil if they're deemed to be a risk?
edit on 15-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Yeah, I agree with you.....it seems like it or not we have agencies in place for the purpose of preventing "terrorism" and when those agencies are alerted not once, not twice, but 3 times that someone is a threat, I think some bells should go off when they purchase 2 guns at once. People are put under surveillance for much lesser things , if he was suspected of growing pot they would have called out the SWAT team and raided his house....what are the priorities?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

I wouldn't be so keen to get upset about this as i smell a rat here. By claiming all these people knew about Mateen and told the authorities works very well for TPTB. They can claim they were hands off, not keen to run out and arrest someone on someone else s' say so . It enables them to imply, "Well its respect for the peoples privacy that caused this nut case not to identified as such and prevented him from being cut off at the pass."

They then wait for the cry from the masses "I dont give a shxx about privacy! Protect us please?" .... "I am quite happy to give up my privacy if it means preventing such horrific things like done by animal that should be shot on site" etc, etc, etc.

Then the powers that should not be then: _javascript:icon('
')_javascript:icon('
')_javascript:icon('
')_javascript:icon('')

I'm sure you get the drift.

When these security organisations and cops etc appear to be incompetent, you can best there's a good chance its deliberate incompetence.

In 1993, 37 people died in a cafa shooting in Australia. it took 4-5 hours for the Calvary to come. They failed to get any forensic evidence from that site all, The shooter drove a car a short distance, parked it up and left it there. It did not get taken from there until the next day and by that time due had got into car and obliterated ALL the forensic evidence, Every single bit, if you beilve that.

in the end a 29 year old bloke with and intellectual age of 13, pleaded guilty so he could get a TV in his cell. His so called 'lawyer' forgot that a child under the legal adult age of 18, forget that a child has no legal capacity to make any plea in court. Something that every lawyer and 2nd year law student knows accept this bloke who got a nice cushy high paid job afterwards.

edit on 15-6-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: neo96

IS IT ?

The governemnt seemingly can already infringe on your right to movement by having the no fly list anyhow, so either that should go, or expand it to add a few more things, and make it easier to get off the list.

We already live in that kind of country. This dude was on no fly and watchlists.
Yeah, I wanna live in a country that would stop the sale of guns to suspected islamic radicals.
sorry about your feels, snowflake, but my desire to not get murdered by fanatics that government knows about overrules your flag waving. if you are talking about murdering civilians, I think its our duty to believe you and defang you until you're sorted out.

I also think that concealed weapons permits should be encouraged to get by responsible citizens and club owners should have bouncers packing.

And, where does that "expansion" stop? How far do YOU think the government will go in trodding on a citizen's right, prior to ANY legal charges? THAT is a country I do not want to live in, as it is 100% against our supreme law, the United States Constitution. I am saddened that U.S. citizens are calling for this type of expansion, frankly.

As an ardent 2nd amendment proponent, however, I do have an idea that I do not believe will infringe upon these rights. This approach might address your fears.
What if, instead of infringing upon that right to keep and bear arms, if a person is under an FBI investigation for suspected terrorism, then a notification is added to the firearm purchase process that will signal the FBI if/when that person legally purchases a firearm (an illegal purchase would still be possible, and still be illegal). That notification could trigger a more intensive need to increase the surveillance activity, in an attempt to thwart any potential illegal actions with that weapon(s). It would not prevent the sale, but will result in a notification that a suspect has legally purchased a weapon(s). That attachment of a notification should also require a judicial review, similar to getting a search warrant is today. With that "Notification Warrant(TM)" the FBI in conjunction with local law enforcement will then be aware of the situation, and can act more quickly in the event the suspect does "go rogue".

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Thoughts?

Not relevant as I am not a politician, nor would I vote in my desires.
my desires would be to ban any and all religions from taking up public spaces, ban islam, ban guns and force check all citizens from any hidden guns, removing by force, and put armed guards on nearly every street for 2 years to enforce the end of gun culture, violent culture, etc. Then draw down, build giant walls and deep trenches to hold off any smuggling.

If a politician ran on this platform, I would not vote for him because that politician is deeply problematic and draconian style authoritarian..just saying, my views can be very non american, just so long as I dont try to force my desires on the public.

fact is, we do have government stopping people from moving, a protected right, simply because they fear them to be terrorists...I see very little difference in one more step to stop these suspected terrorists from arming up. Your view of a signal to relaunch yet another investigation should they buy weapons would perhaps accomplish the same thing, but there are over a million no flys..the resources for a investigation each time would be tremendous for pretty much no results and would be a money sink

Another solution would be to execute every family member of any terrorist as a automatic consequence, also any close friends. that would certainly stop any/all future terrorist attacks..at the loss of humanity, sure..but would be rock solid.
edit on 15-6-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Another solution would be to execute every family member of any terrorist as a automatic consequence, also any close friends. that would certainly stop any/all future terrorist attacks..at the loss of humanity, sure..but would be rock solid.

So you agree with North Korea's "Three Generations of Punishment" for infractions?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

So you agree with North Korea's "Three Generations of Punishment" for infractions?

does NK have a terrorist problem?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm starting to think that if you have done enough to be on a "watch list" or a "no-fly" list, or even if you are an American who claims a terrorist infested country as "my country", or if you are on the internet sympathizing with terrorist, then you have done enough to be DEPORTED.

If this guy thought Afghanistan was "his country", then we should have sent him on his way.

I don't think a summary execution or imprisonment is ethical. Deportation is.

His nutty father thinks he is running for office in Afghanistan? We need to send him off to the place he loves as quickly as possible. And he can buy his own plane ticket. He should be deported.

eta: I heard this morning there are 64,000 people on the FBI's watch list. They should all be deported.
edit on 6/15/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

does NK have a terrorist problem?

It's unknown, but there is likely a significant domestic terrorist problem. What is known however is they have an authoritarian government that kills far more people than any terrorists ever could. Freedom means some risks have to be taken in your day to day life and accepting that bad people are going to use your freedoms against you.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Apparently Mateen was a bully in school and classmates said he threatened their lives. He was also reported to have celebrated when 9/11 happened instead of being stunned and sickened as most Americans were. How did this guy get enough money to buy a house and a gun like he supposedly used (around 3k) when he was only what, 22?

He had help, lots of it and somebody in the way ups waving off all the intelligence agencies with a DO NOT DISTURB sign on his neck. The whole thing stinks to high heaven and only leaves me questioning my own government more than the actions of a madman.

But then you can find the opposite too.
This one says HE was picked on in school because he was quiet and shy. Also a gay boy said he was friendly and seemed to have no problem with gays.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Another acquaintance, childhood friend Sean Chagani, told ABC News that Mateen was clearly "different" but was shy and didn't show any hints of violence all those years ago.

"It's kind of hard to define. Was he violent? By no means was he a violent person. By no means did he express violent tendencies or any aggression in any way," Chagani said. "I guess everyone is a little bit different or quirky or unique. Omar was just different. I just don't know how to put it."

abcnews.go.com...

None of my links show anymore no matter what I do!
edit on 15-6-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join