It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Anderson Cooper Destroy Florida’s Attorney General Over Her LGBT Hypocrisy

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

On Tuesday, CNN’s Anderson Cooper called Bondi out for her hypocrisy, grilling her about the contradiction between her recent statements and her anti-LGBT rhetoric in defending the state’s marriage ban, when she had claimed in an official court brief that recognizing other state’s same-sex marriages would “impose significant public harm” on Florida.

Cooper asked, in light of that work, “Do you really think you’re a champion of the gay community?”

Bondi responded that her defense of the state constitution “had nothing to do” with not liking gay people.

“My lawyer argued a case defending what the Supreme Court allowed the voters to put in our state constitution,” she explained, adding that “those words have never come out of my mouth.”
Coo

Watch Anderson Cooper Destroy Florida’s Attorney General Over Her LGBT Hypocrisy

In the hot seat, Pam Bondi seems to squirm over her shifting and flip flopping of her stance on the LGBT community...

Anderson Cooper really didn't shy away from the hard questions:

What do you think? Hypocrite? Opportunist? Turning over a new leaf?

Is it OK for people who have histories of being anti-LGBT to try and garner public visibility by acting personally disturbed and upset over the Orlando shooting?

She's not the first...and won't be the last

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I've noticed a trend...

People are stripping out the "LGBT" or "gay" and replacing it with "human" instead. These are "human beings and victims" not "LGBT and gay victims".

Sort of like how it's "all lives matter" instead of "black lives matter"...

Makes you go hmmm...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If by opportunistic you were referring to Andersen Cooper, then yes. I don't think it was either the time or the place. They are righteous questions but geez, too soon.

There is a lot of nationwide support and good will toward the LGBT community at the moment. Something like this tragedy may well change the hearts and minds of people previously disposed to resist gay marriage/equal rights/etc. But forcing the issue is only going to cause people to tune out, walk away from otherwise productive/constructive discourse.

But, as they say, never let a good crisis go to waste, right?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Sometimes, waiting for the "right time" turns into "never happens".

We never held fast and buckled down after Newton and asked/answered the HARD questions then. And what happened from that terrible tragedy?

Nothing.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Why is Cooper so hung-up on what she thinks about the LGBT community?

Is he trying to paint her as a hypocritical anti-gay terrorist because, and I'll quote him exactly from the 4.46min mark... "I'm just telling you what people are telling me"

Well, how coincidental, because people tell me that Cooper is CIA.

Pathetic attempt by Cooper to cause division and hate.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Do I believe that this woman is now a big fan of lgbt's? Absolutely not. I understand that she thinks she was upholding the Floridan constitution by fighting gay marriage, but it was folly, and as I have said a million times, there is no legitimate reason to deny gay people the right to be married.

However, just because someone doesn't believe in gay marriage doesn't mean that they can't be outraged at gays being murdered, and want to defend them.

Sure she is an easy target for Anderson, but would he be willing to point that criticism at more powerful people like Hillary and Obama. They are unwilling to call out Islamic terrorism for their gay hating. Hillary has even accepted money from countries that murder gay people, and both Hillary and Obama have backed Islamic extremists in Syria and Libya. I am not going to hold my breath waiting for Anderson to call at this hypocrisy.

Its Anderson's show, and he can do what he wants, but don't be fooled into thinking the hypocrisy against the lgbt community is only coming from the right.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
If by opportunistic you were referring to Andersen Cooper, then yes. I don't think it was either the time or the place. They are righteous questions but geez, too soon.

More hypocrites need to be called out and put on the spot; all she could do was deflect the questions with appeals to emotions. "The victims, the families", oh me, oh my. She was concerned about what "69% of floridians" voted for rather than the human's whose rights were being denied by a vote.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Because Anderson Cooper is an "unbiased" source and has no dog in the fight? Or that he's as queer as a $3 bill and is using his "influence"..(whatever that maybe) to play,..stupid?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sorry, Anderson Copper is a complete and utter ratings whore. He is the hypocrite. He could careless about LGBT. He just wants to look like a LGBT hero after a tragedy. Pretty pathetic.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

If I recall correctly, Anderson Cooper came out a long time ago admitting he was gay.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Why is Cooper so hung-up on what she thinks about the LGBT community?

Is he trying to paint her as a hypocritical anti-gay terrorist because, and I'll quote him exactly from the 4.46min mark... "I'm just telling you what people are telling me"

Well, how coincidental, because people tell me that Cooper is CIA.

Pathetic attempt by Cooper to cause division and hate.

Perhaps because 49 gay people were killed and he thinks her words may have contributed to this.

It was back in May 2014 when Bondi filed a brief in which her office argued that “disrupting Florida’s existing marriage laws would impose significant public harm.” Cooper asked her on Tuesday if she worried that such language could “send a message” to people like the Orlando shooter, who may already have “bad ideas in mind” about gay people.

Bondi denied that she ever believed gay marriage would cause “harm” to the citizens of her state. “Those words never came out of my mouth,” she told Cooper. But as the anchor shot back, “That’s what you argued in court.”

Why are you hung up on the possibility of Anderson Cooper (possibly) being CIA?

Are you one of those who subscribe to the concept of the evil amorphous Gay Agenda?
edit on 14-6-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
I've noticed a trend...

People are stripping out the "LGBT" or "gay" and replacing it with "human" instead. These are "human beings and victims" not "LGBT and gay victims".

Sort of like how it's "all lives matter" instead of "black lives matter"...

Makes you go hmmm...

You deserve a 1000 stars for that one post and an applause
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Why is Cooper so hung-up on what she thinks about the LGBT community? Is he trying to paint her as a hypocritical anti-gay terrorist because, and I'll quote him exactly from the 4.46min mark... "I'm just telling you what people are telling me" Well, how coincidental, because people tell me that Cooper is CIA. Pathetic attempt by Cooper to cause division and hate.

Let me first say this about Bondi. She shouldn't be in office, she should be in a cell so don't shed to many tears for her. She personally solicited a $25,000 bribe from Donald Trump which he illegally paid to her campaign through his charity. For that matter, the Governor of Florida, Rick Scott, oversaw what was then the largest Medicare fraud ever and bailed a few months after the investigation started. As in $1.7 billion dollars big.

Secondly, Anderson makes a very valid point about what a what a fraud she is. Here's what her office argued back in 2014:

TALLAHASSEE – The attorney general of Florida says in court documents that recognizing same-sex marriages performed in other states would disrupt existing marriage laws and “impose significant public harm.”

“Florida’s marriage laws, then, have a close, direct, and rational relationship to society’s legitimate interest in increasing the likelihood that children will be born to and raised by the mothers and fathers who produced them in stable and enduring family units,” Bondi’s office said in court documents. The state’s legal position also notes that there would be significant financial and logistical problems for the state’s pension and health insurance programs if same-sex marriages were recognized.

Now she wants to go this "I was just doing my job" route but she sure as hell didn't care about doing her job when it came time to take a bribe to drop the case against "Trump University."

It's frankly bizarre to see Republicans acting like they care about the well being of LGBT folks considering the years of them fighting against marriage equality, throwing tantrums after they loss and oh... attending/spea king at "religious freedoms" conventions put on by a fanatic who says gays should be put to death by the state.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I watched Bruxy on homosexuality, it helped change my attitude on a christians attitude.

www.youtube.com...

Is it wrong if a person changes their mind, arnt we allowed to make errors and redefine our thoughts once we acknowledge them

I am unsure of this ladys understanding of the issue, if she changed her mind is that a bad thing
Isnt that the gay agenda.
Why complain if she has tempered her attitude

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

It's easier to attribute someone to the CIA than to actually refute their position.

Destroy the character INSTEAD of their position/stance. It's a form of ad-hom. It is to be expected.

top topics

join