It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama and Clinton won't brand it Islamic Terrorism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: draoicht
a reply to: uncommitted

Socio economic conflict in Ireland existed for hundreds of years before the Reformation.

It had nothing to do with Religion.

It was economic.

Money.

Neither does ISIS for exactly the same reason. IRA, UDA etc hid behind religion to garner support, ISIS are the same.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The PIRA were Marxists. Like the Red Army Faction, the Red Brigade and ETA.

There is no reasonable comparison to be drawn.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The PIRA were Marxists. Like the Red Army Faction, the Red Brigade and ETA.

There is no reasonable comparison to be drawn.

And the PIRA were very clear in their alignment to the Catholic church, not that the Catholic church wanted to be aligned with them. The political reasoning couldn't be more obvious as Catholicism was seen as more amenable to the Republicans than the Church of England for obvious reasons. I know the political background of the PIRA, but then again you seem to be suggesting that ISIS doesn't hold political, economic aims?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Please provide even a single instance of the Army Council of the IRA claiming alignment with the Catholic Church.

Any point from the suppression of the Civil Rights Movement until the 1994 ceasefire will be fine.

The PIRA saw themselves as engaged in a struggle of national liberation.

Like the Vietcong, the Cuban Communists or ETA.

All within the Marxist dialectic. All Marxists. All supported by Moscow.

ISIS seek a global Caliphate, an aspiration rooted in classical Islamic belief and history.

The distinction between the many examples of Marxist inspired conflict during the 20th century and the religious motivation of ISIS seems clear to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

They also will not brand it as Islamic Terrorism bc that is not what it was. It was not an organized terrorist act, it was a home-grown terrorist.

Big difference

edit on 15-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Please provide even a single instance of the Army Council of the IRA claiming alignment with the Catholic Church.

Any point from the suppression of the Civil Rights Movement until the 1994 ceasefire will be fine.

The PIRA saw themselves as engaged in a struggle of national liberation.

Like the Vietcong, the Cuban Communists or ETA.

All within the Marxist dialectic. All Marxists. All supported by Moscow.

ISIS seek a global Caliphate, an aspiration rooted in classical Islamic belief and history.

The distinction between the many examples of Marxist inspired conflict during the 20th century and the religious motivation of ISIS seems clear to me.

Ah, I understand your attempts to deflect the comment more clearly now. You see the IRA as a freedom fighting organisation. I'm not going to credit any IRA members by quoting from them - maybe when apologies are more fulsome for the terrorist acts they committed are more forthcoming that may change. This may help though.....

ncronline.org...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
My perception of the PIRA is not at all relevant.

There is no need to interpret what I'm saying.

The only people who can speak for the PIRA is its Army Council.

Since the late 1960s they have made many public statements.

Absolutely none of which support your argument.

Do you seriously believe that a 700 year old socio economic conflict was about the trivial differences between the theology of the Protestant and Catholic faiths?

Genocidal economic famines, forced population movements and "Transportation" to British Colonies seem a far more likely cause to me.

The deaths of literally millions of Irish people. That is the Historical record.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Patriot groups are as full of informers as 1%'er MCs are.

I think it has infinitely more to do with calling it Islamic terrorism takes gun control off the table, and quite possibly puts democrats' gun control aims at a disadvantage. Leaving it a vague "terrorism" and using terms like self-radicalized and homegrown leaves gun control right at the center of the table for Obama and Clinton both.

The minute they call it Islamic terror, that card is gone for them.

A certain liberal network, who BTW changes their label of this islamic terrorist with each new revelation into his motive as they are announced, is now labeling him as just a murderer. They first labled him as a homegrown terrorist , then gay, went with wife to gay bar, pledged allegience to isis, posts to facebook from the gay bar, calls to report his allegiance to 911 and local radio so that no one will question his intent yet looky what is happening. Still no one will accept that isis is here. They really are very cunning or the west is very stupid. They (isis supporters & media) are the great deceivers and people are falling for their lies, hook line and sinker..

But it is always about guns, it is amazing how these guys are able to get such an arsenal to use against the infidel.
edit on 6/16/2016 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
September 30, 2016

During a Clinton News Network (CNN) televised town hall tonight...

"President Barack Obama was asked by a Gold Star mother why he refuses to say "Islamic" terrorism. He said he doesn't want to associate the religion of Islam with people who are "murderers.""

Source: www.msn.com...

Well... now we know. Right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join