It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Wants Your Guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Just want to repeat the phrase,

Death by a thousand cuts.

Just in case anyone missed it. The government will not outright ban guns, they will slowly chip away at our rights until none are left.

Do you think sooner or later the laws will require turn them in or we will confiscation them. Huge piles of paper work? Or no more ammo? Remember US lead production is zero now, we import all new lead. No lead eventually no more bullets.

There are well over 200,000,000 fire arms in the US. If I were in law enforcement I would not want to have anything to do with confiscation. Can you imagine the %$#@ storm every day would be?, please comment.

A better way would be to eliminate or make ammo so expensive no one can afford it. I have seen 22 long rifle shelves empty for years for what ever reason/reasons. This seems like a better (safer) way than confiscation. Again after a couple of weeks of confiscation I don't think law enforcement could refill the confiscation teams ranks no matter the pay and benefits package.

Paper work, wasn't there a law passed in a north eastern state that limited magazine rounds, and everyone needs to turn in the offensive mags ? I seem to remember a collective middle finger but didn't hear of any fall out.

Maybe the military would be used to confiscate firearms?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Luckily lead is plentiful and easily recyclable.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I want to take your guns away IF those guns are assault rifles or automatic.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So far this year, more people are killed every month in Chicago than died in Orlando, and the vast majority are via handguns.

If guns, rifles AND especially their ammunition were only produced for, and shipped to the Military and to Law Enforcement, the overall murder rate would start declining.

Isn't that the goal? To reduce the number of murders? Since scientists don't yet have a way to make everyone filled with love for each other, remove one of the instruments that are used to kill. It's logical and simple to do, If Congress approves it.

-cwm

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

You really enjoy your ignorance, don't you?

I needn't list all of the reasons as to why your thinking is flawed. I'm sure you've read them a thousand times, and no matter how much logical sense they make, you'll choose to remain totally asleep on the issue.

It's neat to see how well the media can brainwash some individuals!

The video was so idiotic and ignorance filled that I wonder if you're being sarcastic. If that's the case, apologies. If not.... nvm, you're a lost cause.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

I want to take your guns away IF those guns are assault rifles or automatic.

Well ... come and get 'em.

Assault rifles are automatic weapons. Automatic weapons are controlled by Class III (or better) licenses. I can't remember when the last time one was used in a crime ... but it was a long damn time ago.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What about my neighbors/ friends who make their own ammunition? I can think of 5 within less than a 10 mile radius. Does their ammo magically disappear along with the other fantasy laws?
edit on 14-6-2016 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

And as the lady said "machine gun" in a recent televised inerview:
I wondered how this guy not only passed all the tests and became
not only authorized by his employer to concealed carry-- but have
a class 3 firearms permit? How did he make it through without help?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Vector99

I think if the government ever actually did try to come for people's guns, they would more likely receive their bullets instead.

Honestly ... this is the way I see it.

The Bill of Rights was the unifying force in ratifying the US Constitution. You break faith ... then the Union is dissolved. I would consider the repeal of the 2d a SHTF event. I would consider any attempt to take my firearms an act of theft. It just escalates from there.

Okay. 100 people got shot. 50 people died. I think about what 'almost' happened down at the Bundy Ranch. That was way out in the desert ... not on people's home turf. This is all blatantly obvious to me. This so feels like someone has attached the False Flag to the halyard and are just waiting for the signal to raise it to the top of the pole.
Indeed, Snarl. I saw this coming and I'm sure you did too.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Gretchen needs to do liek the dixie chix and shut the hell up. Go home get bare foot and lay down so your husband can knock out kids left and right. Sheesh. this lady sure re enforced the dumb blond sterotype with that statement.(i was blond btw so i can pick at them)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If youve already got your guns arent you fine unless you commit a felony? FFS. The only thing ever even talked about is more laws on who gets to purchase new guns.. Keep fearing!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm getting old, and I can't remember a time when they weren't coming for our guns. It is a permanent threat and one that never seems to go away. I think the gun issue is a hard voting line for many people, and is their "hot" issue when it comes time to check the box. They could care less about the rest of the candidates policies, for many, this is the most important issues and the two parties take a hard stance on either end of the spectrum. Having a common sense firearm regulation discussion seems rare, as it usually seems all or nothing.

Now... where is my bazooka.... bubble gum

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer
Nope . Not the American Way to hide in fear from a tyrannical government.I took a vow to the USAF that covers that .

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Gretchen's Take:

"We should totally ban rifles so that when the authorities show up WITH RIFLES to confiscate the pea shooters we allow you to have, you'll be hopelessly outgunned to the point of choosing disarmament or death."

Just shut up you bimbo.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Nope . Not the American Way to hide in fear from a tyrannical government.I took a vow to the USAF that covers that .

Not hiding, just storing something away for a possible bleak future. Sort of like the equipment, weapons and supplies hidden in the first terminator movie.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

So sad it's come to that.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. I would be happy to share my opinion.

They will keep attacking firearms because they want the social norm to change. In California they are considering banning ar15 magazines outright and they will be confiscated from owners who have them.

Ammo and magazines would definitely be attacked.
Government sponsored buy-backs will probably be popular too.
Increase in taxes and paperwork is a given.

I agree that getting new firearms will become such a hassle, no one will want to go through it. And transferring firearms within the family (let's say a grandparent passes away and wants to give you a shotgun), there will so much crap to go through the government just takes possession of it.

Some good news is guns are still very much a part of American culture and many states are still fighting against any unfair gun control legislation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join