It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist Join Me Please, I need some questions answered.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So quite often I am on here providing reasons to believe in God. A quick run down of my philosophical position is as follows:

1Q: Is matter and energy all that exists?

1A: Teleological Argument/Cosmological Argument/Argument from Semiotics of Dna == No matter and energy are not all that exists

2Q: What is the nature of God?

2A: Ontological Argument by Alvina Plantinga == God is an all powerful, all good, all knowing, and necessary being.

3Q: Do objective moral values and duties exists?

3A: Yes. I clearly apprehend objective moral values and have no good reason to deny what I clearly perceive. IE Torturing sentient beings for fun is objective wrong.

4Q: Do the existence of moral values imply the existence of a God?

4A: Morality Argument paired with the understanding of the nature of God brought by the 2A

5Q: Is the God of Abraham the one true God?

5A: Minimal facts argument for the resurrection of christ.

Now here is a logical system of how I came to my belief in christ along with experiences with him that makes it a properly basic belief.

Now as tempting as it may be for all the atheist or agnostics out there to attack my position THIS IS NOT the purpose of the thread and any such comment should be considered off topic. Rather the purpose of the questions and answers is to show that I have reasons for my beliefs whether you think they are convincing or is not what i want to discuss. What I'd like to discuss are the reasons you believe your position. I would like you to give me reasons to believe what you believe. Now pay close attention to what I am asking from the respondents, I am asking for your reasons for your beliefs. I am NOT asking you to reject my reason I am asking you to provide reasons of your own.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what answers you expect from ATS. You are asking questions that have been discussed by theologians and philosophers for thousands of years. There are no easy answers here that can be resolved by a quick post or two by people with opinions, but no apparent education. You could study these questions for the rest of your life and still have the same questions at the end of it. One could write whole volumes on any one of your issues here. So what are you expecting here?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Is matter and energy all that exists?

Who knows?

What is the nature of God?

What's the matter with you? How can you ask atheists such a question?

Do objective moral values and duties exists?

No.

Do the existence of moral values imply the existence of a God?

You mean "would" the existence of more values......

The answer is still, "no".

Is the God of Abraham the one true God?

Again...you're asking atheists this question?

Minimal facts argument for the resurrection of christ.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It seems you didnt read the whole thread.....

Now as tempting as it may be for all the atheist or agnostics out there to attack my position THIS IS NOT the purpose of the thread and any such comment should be considered off topic. Rather the purpose of the questions and answers is to show that I have reasons for my beliefs whether you think they are convincing or is not what i want to discuss. What I'd like to discuss are the reasons you believe your position

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

m curious as to what answers you expect from ATS. You are asking questions that have been discussed by theologians and philosophers for thousands of years. There are no easy answers here that can be resolved by a quick post or two by people with opinions, but no apparent education. You could study these questions for the rest of your life and still have the same questions at the end of it. One could write whole volumes on any one of your issues here. So what are you expecting here?

I haven't asked anyone any questions yet? I asked atheist to give me reasons for their beliefs . Their own reasons not reject my reasons. The questions I will need answered will be on things that confuse me about their beliefs or maybe someone will present something so clean I understand it perfectly and have no questions.
edit on 14-6-2016 by ServantOfTheLamb because: typo

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I like many "atheists" dont reject the idea of a god so much as I reject mans interpretation of him/her/it.

Without writing an essay it comes down to the old if god is all good and all powerful then why is there so much evil and specifically so much evil done in his name.
He blatantly cant be both.

For any human to claim to even have a slight understanding of the creator of the universes thoughts or whims is in my opinion the height of arrogance and ignorance.

The god of the bible is at best made up like zues and thor or is at worst a sadistical maniacal bastard.
The only time god makes any appearances hes being a prick.
The other bit is why did god make other people if hes such a fan of the jews, Why not just make jews?
According to gods own words the jews are the chosen people and the rest of us are destined to be their slaves.

There is no logical way the god in the bible is the creator of the universe as he himself admitted there were other gods.

I believe there is some sort of ultimate prime mover but i highly doubt he plays favourites or is even terribly concerned with what happens on earth.

God is great
Religion is an evil tool of control

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Oh, I see. You want me to "show my work", so that you can grade me on my logic.

I won't be baited further. Good luck with the rest of the responses you get from non apologetic atheists regarding your promotion of the biblical god.

edit on 14-6-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

My beliefs about god? I think it is a fairy tale.

I think it's fake because of all of the impossible events that take place in pretty much every religion's books.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I like many "atheists" dont reject the idea of a god so much as I reject mans interpretation of him/her/it.

Well I didn't really ask if you rejected the idea of God or not. I asked you for the reasons you hold the beliefs you do. Also I don't think you classify as atheist and I suppose that is the reason you put quotes around it, but this statement, "I believe there is some sort of ultimate prime mover but i highly doubt he plays favourites or is even terribly concerned with what happens on earth," is at odds with the very meaning of atheism.

Without writing an essay it comes down to the old if god is all good and all powerful then why is there so much evil and specifically so much evil done in his name. He blatantly cant be both.

But stating that there is evil presupposes that there is its opposite which is good which in turn implies the existence of objective morality. Which tells me you believe in objective moral values. So i'll give you a statement you tell me if you agree or disagree and why. If God does not exist, objective moral values do not exist.

For any human to claim to even have a slight understanding of the creator of the universes thoughts or whims is in my opinion the height of arrogance and ignorance.

Ok this is your opinion but why should I believe your opinion is true?

The god of the bible is at best made up like zues and thor or is at worst a sadistical maniacal bastard. The only time god makes any appearances hes being a prick. The other bit is why did god make other people if hes such a fan of the jews, Why not just make jews? According to gods own words the jews are the chosen people and the rest of us are destined to be their slaves. There is no logical way the god in the bible is the creator of the universe as he himself admitted there were other gods.

Ok so its quite obvious you have never taken the time to understand Christianity the way a Christian does. But why should I believe that the God of the Bible is made up? Your not giving me reasons just opinions.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

m curious as to what answers you expect from ATS. You are asking questions that have been discussed by theologians and philosophers for thousands of years. There are no easy answers here that can be resolved by a quick post or two by people with opinions, but no apparent education. You could study these questions for the rest of your life and still have the same questions at the end of it. One could write whole volumes on any one of your issues here. So what are you expecting here?

I haven't asked anyone any questions yet? I asked atheist to give me reasons for their beliefs . Their own reasons not reject my reasons. The questions I will need answered will be on things that confuse me about their beliefs or maybe someone will present something so clean I understand it perfectly and have no questions.

I think you're a bit confused. You also seem to be setting yourself up as some sort of judge of the quality of others' responses. I really don't think you have the stature to do that.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
We get it, we get it, there are no right answers to your baited questions.

But, atheists don't care to convert you, stick to your religion, and we'll all live happily without one.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Oh, I see. You want me to "show my work", so that you can grade me on my logic. I won't be baited further. Good luck with the rest of the responses you get from non apologetic atheists regarding your promotion of the biblical god.

Precisely. I offer up my ideas for criticism all the time why are you scared to do the same? If you truly care to believe what is true that shouldn't be something your afraid of. Its not bait it is an attempt to have a discussion about you and your beliefs rather than me and my beliefs. Obviously if your logic confuses me I would have to explain why(critique) it confuses or ask questions about it?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ask yourself this. If man NEVER existed, would God exist?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think you're a bit confused. You also seem to be setting yourself up as some sort of judge of the quality of others' responses. I really don't think you have the stature to do that.

How am I supposed to make an informed decision without analyzing what a person says? Do you expect me to just say oh that is what you believe sure I'll believe it too? Obviously if we hold contradictory views i am going to have to "judge" what your saying....

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

My answer would be yes. What is your answer?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

My beliefs about god? I think it is a fairy tale. I think it's fake because of all of the impossible events that take place in pretty much every religion's books.

I didn't ask what you think about god if your atheist you obviously think he doesn't exists.. i asked you to provide reasons for your beliefs as I have done mine....

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Too many questions...you need to condense what questions are really important...looks to painful to go thru for the casual reader..

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nothing in this universe but man worships a supreme being. Man created god to worship. God does not, nor has God ever existed.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

If you would finish the post you'd see that your responses should have nothing to do with the questions

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I will try to simplify this best I can is to why God doesn't exist or why we should not worship God.

1) The USA promotes democracy right? The people should not fear their government and the people should be the one's ultimately in charge. The USA government has made it their agenda to get rid of dictatorship governments. Saddam, Gaddafi, etc.. Right? Because these counties are ran by fear. If you cross a dictator they will do horrible things to you.... Now replace "Dictator" with "GOD". You know the popular phrase "GOD fearing Christian". So wait, what? You don't obey GOD's rule or you will be punished? GOD/Dictator... Slim line.. You want to tell me a Dictator didn't write the bible? lol Don't be naive.

2) Why would the all mighty GOD actually need us? Why would he create Humans? It does not make any sense. What is the point of Heaven? If GOD wanted these perfect people in Heaven then why not make them perfect to begin with? Are we just GODs entertainment to see who will follow is rules? GOD is the creator, he could make us however he wanted...

3) Why would the Almighty compassionate GOD allow 230,000 people get killed in a tsunami? Sumatra, Indonesia - 26 December 2004. What possible purpose could this be?

Seriously we hate dictators because we fear them, but what is the difference between GOD and a dictator? Follow their rules or be punished! lol. Dictators wrote the bible and Koran.

Religion is mind control for the masses written by what we call today as a "scammer".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join