It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody else find it odd that Obama has not called the governor of Florida?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Politics aside, Florida experienced an horrific terrorist event on its soil. I'm at a loss for a reason that our president cannot pick up the phone and call the governor of this state. Is Obama being petty because Scott is a Republican?

In the wake of the deadliest terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11, Rick Scott received phone calls from George W. Bush and Donald Trump, the Republican governor of Florida said Tuesday. He's still waiting on a call from President Barack Obama, however.

www.politico.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Obama is 100% partisan on everything.

Always was.

He will snub Republicans every chance he gets regardless of the social situations.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It just boggles the mind that the president of this United States cannot swallow his partisan pride long enough to make a presidential phone call to Rick Scott. I have lost any small smidgen of respect I might have had for this sorry excuse of a leader.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I think they probably just texted instead.
Or maybe he sent him a Yo

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Obama called ther mayor of Orlando, Buddy Dyer. I think the Governor is being whiny.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
No , no phone call. Obama is going to Orlando to meet with the Mayor.(unless of course a golf meeting or shoot hoops opportunity arises)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

So he will meet with Buddy Dyer, a democrat mayor, but can't be bothered to pick up the phone and call the Republican governor. Good grief! He disgusts me.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Does anybody else find it odd that Obama has not called the governor of Florida?

What would be the point?
It would just fuel the insane Republikkkan bashing of all things Obama; it's all politics!, he's using the 'tragedy' to make points!, and that darn Hillary!!!, and on ad-nauseum.
Finally, one honest thing in the entire Cirque du Freaque!

Besides, what is Scott's position on gays? Gay marriage?
Come on, what are his public words on the subject, that Obama should call him?
Perhaps Obama was Compassionately saving him from his inevitable hypocrisy?

edit on 15-6-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
No , no phone call. Obama is going to Orlando to meet with the Mayor.(unless of course a golf meeting or shoot hoops opportunity arises)

Yes, Obama did call. Obama states he called Buddy Dyer in speech

another source, though the speech is public record

This morning I spoke with my good friend Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer. And I conveyed to him the deepest condolences of the American people.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The president of the US should have called the state governor. It is his state. Obama called the Missouri governor after the Michael Brown shooting and the aftermath.

Here is ONE instance...

www.washingtontimes.com...

He will be here tomorrow. Maybe then he can talk to the person in charge of the State of Florida but I am sure he will just say "guns bad....Islam is a great religion....Allah Akbar..."

top topics

join