It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

officers may have shot Orlando club patrons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Oh man. Orlando police are saying some victims in the night club shooting may have been hit with friendly fire. The article states there was off duty cop working security who was outside dealing with an underage drunk when he heard the gunfire. He then ran in and exchanged fire with Mateen until back up arrived and Mateen retreated to the bathroom with hostages.

It just seems like that does not leave enough time for Mateen to kill 50 people and wound 50 more without there being a lot of friendly fire casualties.

I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling alot of people were shot by cops in the cluster ___ of a scene.

ORLANDO — Omar Mateen, the killer who claimed allegiance to the Islamic State, hid in a bathroom at Pulse, a gay nightclub where he had slaughtered scores of people. A wall of cinder block separated him from a team of police officers outside. For three hours early Sunday morning, crisis negotiators tried to end the siege.

Then Mateen — whom police said had acted “cool and calm” during discussions — talked about killing more people. Alarmed, police placed an explosive device against the wall and detonated it. The breach failed; the hole wasn’t large enough to allow for a successful rescue.

A cop rammed his Bearcat armored vehicle through the club wall. Hostages poured out. So did Mateen, guns blazing.

With quick efficiency, officers shot him dead.

So ended the worst armed massacre in American history: 49 victims were killed and 53 wounded.

Monday, Orlando Police Chief John Mina and other law enforcement officers offered new details about the shooting, including the possibility that some victims may have been killed by officers trying to save them.

“I will say this, that’s all part of the investigation,” Mina said. “But I will say when our SWAT officers, about eight or nine officers, opened fire, the backdrop was a concrete wall, and they were being fired upon.”

A law enforcement source close to the investigation who asked not to be named said a crowd of up to 300 people and the complex layout of the dance club may have resulted in some patrons being struck by gunfire from officers.

www.wfaa.com...

If this has been covered please delete.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused
The media reports have so many holes, they are starting to look like Swiss Cheese.

The problem is they are not telling us what happened. They are telling us what they want us to believe.

That is why most don't believe anything they say. Even the truth gets swallowed up and flushed down the crapper.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In such a situation anything is possible but I would very surprised if a "large" number where hit by friendly fire (Yes one is to many)..

One thing this situation does show is that the idea of a stand off seems to be a thing of the past, to attempt a breach at such a early stage of a situation shows a full on offensive by the Swat team and to then ram the wall down with a armoured vehicle is just the cherry on the cake. I can only think the official policy is to accept casualties and end it as quick as possible. It will also give the green light to request a even more military style police force on the back of all this.

I have a feeling if the official story is to believed (can it ever be) that to ID the suspect could not have been that hard for trained marksmen, they would have had intel before making a move. A AR-15 is not like holding car keys and if they where taking shots that where not clear then major questions need to be asked.

RA

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Judging the audio of the SWAT team entering the building, if he had hostages around him I wouldn't be surprised if innocent bystanders got caught in the hail of gunfire.

Begs the question if police are capable of dealing with paramilitary situations and really know how to use all the fancy equipment DHS has given them.

Dramatic Audio Captures The Moments A SWAT Team Entered Orlando’s Pulse Nightclub

Former SEAL Blasts Orlando SWAT

edit on 14-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Begs the question if police are capable of dealing with paramilitary situations and really know how to use all the fancy equipment DHS has given them.

The answer is No, and still No.

I am not saying this to talk bad about LEOs. I work very closely with LEOs and they are just like any of the rest of us. They run the full spectrum, from Angel to Satan.

I say this because any complex skill that you are taught, but don't perform frequently, and consistently, makes you a novice at best.

Add in the ego and the adrenaline factors, and you have the potential for a hot mess.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sounds like that biker shooting in Waco "officers may have shot _____ ."

Mix in Radical Islamist and trigger happy cops..... top it off with Obama who has familial connection to Islam, among other things, is a basis for disaster!

It's time for people to hang their flags upside down.... a show that the US is sinking fast!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

It's time to make America great again.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
The media reports have so many holes, they are starting to look like Swiss Cheese.

The problem is they are not telling us what happened. They are telling us what they want us to believe.

That is why most don't believe anything they say. Even the truth gets swallowed up and flushed down the crapper.

No, the problem is that people like you want every detail immediately and you want it all to be accurate, and when new information comes to light you claim that the wrong information being given is evidence of a "false flag".

This is an investigation, you have no right to be told every detail of what is going on. Deal with it.

And when information changes as new details emerge, don't then be claiming it's evidence of some cover up, that just makes you look like a moron desperate for a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013
No. People like me, would like the media to stop making everything into a circus.

If they don't have accurate information, People like me, want them to to say so, and stop putting out lies and twisting the information to manipulate the people.

I don't think there are very many people that expect the media to have every detail immediately, but most of them, I am welling to bet, do want the information they are spitting out to be truthful and honest.

It might go a long way to restoring some trust, because as you can see, trust in the media is sorely lacking.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

It's time to make America great again.

The time is not here yet , and has not started .

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Not upholding friendly fire or police officers , but for the most part they are not trained for this sort of thing. Times as these should be stated as combat. They do not receive combat training.Sure they are used to your single armed assailant trying to rob your local corner store , but not this.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It just seems like that does not leave enough time for Mateen to kill 50 people and wound 50 more without there being a lot of friendly fire casualties.

I haven't been following closely enough, but Im pretty sure I read somewhere there was a gap of HOURS between when he started shooting and was killed. I really hope I misread that the other day.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Absolutely plausible..and most likely did happen...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Its easy to monday morning quarterback a police situation. Until you have been in the position of an active shooter, physically engaged, you have no effing idea what you are talking about.

Everyone here has the benefit of hind sight, from both sides of this. The people present that night did not have that luxury.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I haven't been following closely enough, but Im pretty sure I read somewhere there was a gap of HOURS between when he started shooting and was killed. I really hope I misread that the other day.

You didn't misread. He went in, started shooting, was engaged by one officer, continued to shoot, backup arrived, and they forced him to retreat to a bathroom where they had him contained and evacuated the club. Once he was in the bathroom, that's when he made his phone call and was talking to negotiators over the course of a couple hours. The negotiators felt further loss of life was imminent and that's when SWAT made entry and another gun battle started.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
In that kind of situation.. when there is the possibility of a bomb, I think you need to act with force.

As ''the siege'' said
" It is lose, lose no matter what you do. You want to lose a little or you want to lose big''

I hope the police don't cop any criticism. Until you have been in that situation you cannot really comment. They tried to talk to him and defuse the situation peacefully, when they got indications it wouldn't go that way they acted.

I am interested in the reports of their being 2 people..then being 1 person.
I am interested in the reports of 50 dead being the official number all night... then changing to 49 dead. And of those 53 seriously injured none died?

the numbers don't add up!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The change from 50 to 49 was explained: the shooter was included in the 50, then removed so it became 49.

At least six or nine people died at the hospital. I don't remember which number they said, but several victims were transported and died after arriving.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I heard or read (can't remember now) the Sheriff official said officers had their backs to a concrete wall and were being shot at. In other words, the LEO were doing their best not to get killed themselves. Basically indicating it was possible and it is being looked into as part of the investigation.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It's pretty obnoxious. I wouldn't give even the most elite groups complete trust in a situation like that to not hit a bystander, let alone cops who don't have anywhere near the kind of training, resources, time spent on the range, experience in actual combat etc.

Not knocking the cops at all, just being realistic. I mean I certainly would have just rolled in and done a doubletap to forhead double wielding my custom Desert Eagle .50s, but I'm not the average internet Joe.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
That happened here in Sydney Australia, SWAT did squat over a 14 hour period with many clear shots, then task force went in and shot up the joint. Lindt Cafe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join