It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if evolution and creationism were both true?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

I could accept that some ancient DNA on earth may have been fiddled with little green aliens, however unlikely given the fossil record and our current knowledge of evolution.

But I don't accept a supreme being created humans in 'his' image 6000 years ago. That's a downright lie.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I'm a human, thus I can only use human philosophy. But you missed the point I made, so I will reiterate it:

It is all Unverifiable Personal Gnosis. People need to remember this.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro
Initiates intentional panspermia event.

WATCHES for various assessed growth developments.

VISIT Created
Encounter created
Continue to observe for future when intelligence levels are determined Advanced.

link   

Project Genesis, Stage three?
edit on 6/27/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

link   
Please excuse multi post errors

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Please excuse multi post errors

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden
Some edits for clarity then:

human philosophy (of the type)...

as discussed here (or as the term "human philosophy" is used in these comments in contrast with another option or method, see comment 6 below):

comment 2 specifically (under the link and that definition for Philosophy, halfway in the comment), but the term "human philosophy" is also used in comment 1. The contrasting option is discussed in all comments but specifically comment 3, 4 and 5 (and perhaps a bit of my previous comment in the thread of comment 3 that I didn't link).

As I indicated, my lost comment spelled it out better and where to find what I wanted to point towards in comment 2 (and the other comments).

Some remaining pieces:
comment 6 (starting at "Now on to the next subject..." and especially what comes after "I have found the following method to be of extremely good use to me...").

Btw, I didn't miss what you mentioned, I just didn't discuss it in my initial comment in this thread. But if you insist the commentaries I've linked in my 2nd comment as well as now contain plenty of commentary about that subject. Here's some more:
comment 7
comment 8
comment 9
comment 10

The video in comment 9 may give a clue why I'm reluctant to go into detail about it again and am just linking my previous commentary about it. Also as a reminder for everyone who might state things as if they are factual/true/correct or as if they have an extensive knowledge on the subject (such as a particular reality/fact/truth/certainty), while their actual intention is to do something else (for example when they hold more agnostic views on the subject in question, or believe it to be unclear or uncertain/inconclusive/vague, which are antonyms for factual/conclusive/true/absolute/certain/correct, without error):
comment 11
comment 12
Note the usage of the term "established facts" in the quotation from the Encyclopædia Britannica in comment 6 and the word "verified" on the page below:
Factual Synonyms, Factual Antonyms | Thesaurus.com:
edit on 28-6-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden
Examples of how to apply inductive reasoning on what the Encyclopaedia Britannica calls "established facts":

edit on 28-6-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Why hello everyone! Just my thoughts - I used to not believe in evolution either, until the day I decided to pick up a college biology textbook. Changed my life forever.
I'm a Muslim/Hindu and proud of that. I was raised as a Christian but something about the religion never touched me. I have no problem with evolution or being nothing more than an evolved fish/ape. I would really just like the truth.
I think believing in a "young" earth is rather ignorant and I honestly don't even know 10% of what Scientists know (so I can only imagine what they think of that myth). Heh... I remember when Juno got to Jupiter only 1? second off from their calculations however many years ago when they launched the probe. That alone should tell you these Astrophysicists know what they are doing with Math. They don't say the Universe is what 13.9 billion years old?!? for nothing. But again, what do I know?!? (:

evolution is a fact. source: ?!? any biology book. Or an even easier example of real time evolution: what happens to a pig when he escapes his farm and runs away in the woods never to return?!? Adapts. (: Really sad how closed-minded some people are. And can anyone think of a greater way of masking your identity (God) than by starting this beautiful thing called evolution and reincarnation and after 4 billion years of trial and error here we find ourselves today half a chromosome away from the Chimpanzee.

So yes - you can have both creationism/evolution. I don't see a problem with it. And no matter how much I learn about evolution and love it i'll always believe in Allah (SWT) and Brahman/Vishnu.

(:

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join