It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary's State Dept. Blocked Investigation into Orlando Killer's Mosque

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Looks like the State Department has decided to take the lead on counter terrorism. Odd.. I find this very odd.

www.whitehouse.gov...

www.state.gov...

Here's a list of their initiatives.

Oh and I just realized why they won't label it Islamic Terrorism.

It's because they don't want to limit their ability to label terrorist for investigation and persecution so they can target Patriot groups within the US.

Very revealing.

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Now that we see the State Department does indeed have authority regarding counter terrorism activities...

OVERSEAS.

Counterterrorism domestically is overseen by Homeland Security.

link   
a reply to: onequestion

You got all of his evidence from an advertisment for his book from a website that wrote an article about him?

I read the content at your WND, Political Insider and Breitbart links as well as a Guardian UK article about Tablighi Jamaat, the Wikipedia page for Tablighi Jamaat, and an interview of Phil Haney by Frank J. Gaffney, Jr. whose name you may recognize as he is a prominent figure in the Islam fear-mongering world. I also checked the website of the Fort Pierce Islamic Center.

Just curious if you truly believe that's all his evidence and if you read the book or not?

No, I did not read the book. When you say "if that's all his evidence" it makes me wonder if you understand what you were reading on WND. I'll refer you back to this bit from the WND book advertisement (I refuse to call it a news article):

The Fort Pierce mosque’s website features a link that demonstrates its relationship to the Shariah Board of America, a division of the Rahmat-e-Alam Foundation, which operates the Darul Uloom Chicago madrassa. The madrassa is closely affiliated with the Institute of Islamic Education, which was a major component of Haney’s Tablighi Jamaat case.

Pay close attention to the line in bold. Now, here are a couple of other excerpts that expound on this "research."

He said that using open-source information, beginning with the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce, he discovered Sunday afternoon that his initial suspicions were correct.

“It’s exactly how I would have approached a case if I was still active duty,” he said.

Haney noted that the Shariah Board of America to which the Fort Pierce mosque is linked

Now what does that sound like to you? As though this highly trained expert did new, in-depth research? He did not. Do you want to know what he did do? He opened up the website for The Fort Pierce Islamic Center and he clicked around. On the page which is entitled "Interesting Links," he found a link to the Sharia Board of America and then he was off to the races. That's it. That's the link he established. There is a literal web link under "Interesting Links."

Do you not agree that characterizing that repeatedly as a "link" is an egregious mischaracterization? There's also a link to Google on the same page, a couple links down. By the standards applied, he could have also said that he'd "uncovered a link to Google!"

That's gross impropriety on his part and on the part of WND. Please tell me that you can see how ridiculous that is.

Whatever he may or may not have uncovered in the six years of "building a case," the actual link that is purported to THIS terror attack is a literal web link, on the mosque's "Interesting Links" page. That only makes me question anything else this man says. That's beyond what conclusions I can make about the man's character by applying simply reasoning. When somebody makes an unfounded allegation like and puts their name to it, then they have credibility issues.

When a website owned by the publishing company publishes that allegation and links to the book? That's disgusting.

I put more research into the average thread I start on ATS.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I'm not sure most ATS respondents read more than the first 3-4 lines of an OP.

It seems that the norm has become a festival of shallow first flighty impressions and knee-jerk responses off the top of one's arrogant pointy head.

It's ok I know a bunch of people are reading and researching and waiting before further comment we just have to deal with the knee jerkers who couldnt have even have had the time to read more than 3 sentences in the first place before injecting unnecessary criticism into something they know nothing about.

^This

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The title of the thread implies the State Department put the brakes on an investigation into the mosque, if it were for anything other than visas or passports, which I cannot see in your link, then it is out of their authority and they are unable to 'block' anything.

Your basing an entire argument on the title of a thread?

Come on...

Apparently he did not read more then just the title and it shows in every post he made so far.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Did you notice in your link that the Ministerial and Special Envoy are both OVERSEAS actions?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
[
Apparently he did not read more then just the title and it shows in every post he made so far.

Apparently you do not understand how the Federal Government functions at the Cabinet level. Maybe you can tell us how the Secretary of State has authority over Homeland Security?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The evidence is overwhelmingly in my favor I'm not even going to respond to your post authentically.

I'd like to reiterate that I will quote Blue's and mines posts with all the relevant information for everyone to see as you and Augustus continue to fail to derail the thread against overwhelming evidence in our favor.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The title of the thread implies the State Department put the brakes on an investigation into the mosque, if it were for anything other than visas or passports, which I cannot see in your link, then it is out of their authority and they are unable to 'block' anything.

He even admitted to it.

Your basing an entire argument on the title of a thread?

Come on...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Not the only one:

Moner Mohammad Abu-salha, who attended the same mosque, joined the Nusra Front in Syria and went on a suicide bombing mission for the group in May 2014, when he drove an explosives-laden truck into a government building in the north of the country. Investigators now say that he tried to recruit other young men here before his final journey to Syria, and that in part lead to Mateen’s questioning by the FBI in 2013 and 2014. Finding nothing that warranted arrest, they closed the investigation.

Abu-salha was one of the many inspirations Mateen cited when he called police early Sunday between killing 49 people inside Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando. In the series of calls, he also expressed fealty to the leader of the Islamic State. A few years back, it emerged Monday in an FBI briefing, Mateen also bragged to co-workers that he had family ties to Al-Qaida and was connected to Hezbollah, and that he hoped police “would assault his wife and child so he could martyr himself.”

Orlando Shooter Wasn't the Only One Radicalized at His Florida Mosque

Needs further vetting perhaps.

Quoting for those who may have missed it during the the failed attempt at derailing.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

He says that a year into their investigations they got a visit from the State Department and The Homeland Security Civil Rights division.

Ever ask yourself why the DHS has a civil rights department? He says they shutdown the case because they told him they couldn't profile Muslims. Apparently he has a commendation letter for finding 300 terrorist.

Why is it that you arbitrarily choose what to believe? If It told you I had a commendation letter for finding 300 terrorists, would you believe me? How about if got myself on Fox News and said it? Fox News which was duped for over a decade by a fake terrorism expert who was also prominently featured in articles by a host of far-right media sources like WND. WND who also published a bunch of pieces trying to defend Todd "legitimate rape" Akin whose book they also published.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Their not interested in the truth they are interested in pointing fingers and screaming,

Actually, that is a very good description of the OP of this thread!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

There is now a proven connection between the DHS and State Department in regards to counter terrorism activities at home and abroad.

Undeniable facts.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The evidence is overwhelmingly in my favor I'm not even going to respond to your post authentically.

I'd like to reiterate that I will quote Blue's and mines posts with all the relevant information for everyone to see as you and Augustus continue to fail to derail the thread against overwhelming evidence in our favor.

LOL. I don't know how bright you are or aren't but I can tell you that you are incapable of admitting when you're wrong and that's a serious character flaw.

Enjoy basking in ignorance.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I am enjoying the confirmed counter terrorism whistle blowers testimony being backed up by more and more credible information

edit on 6/14/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

...whistle blowers...

Whistle blowers go to the news to expose a story, not try to profit on 60+ dead Americans like a total weasel effer.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah Clinton does such a great job at counter-terrorism.

Her job is supposed to be "securing American diplomatic missions and personnel".
When she failed at that, because of a TERRORIST attack, after she failed to give diplomats security that they asked for, because they knew they were in danger - and American lives were lost, she not only denied it was terrorism, she made up a lie blaming the attack on an American video.
She lied to the public and to the victims' families.
And she got on TV to APOLOGIZE to the Muslims for a video that had nothing to do with it.
Instead of going after the terrorists, she .... apologized.

And she gives herself power of a "Bureau of Counterterrorism"....

(I don't even curse, and I had to hold myself back from some choice words in there, because this makes me that angry.)

What in the world is she up to? It can't be good.

edit on 6/14/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Irrelevant to the Original Post.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's directly related.
Clinton does have power of counter terrorism activities, and the State Department has a confirmed partnership with the DHS.
So, she could have influenced their activities.
Because she GAVE herself counter terrorism authority.
So... yeah, it's all connected.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join