It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The slippery slope of the restroom floor.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've (literally) begged this question across multiple threads now, for it to be hardly addressed or completely ignored every single time (about a dozen times). I've even made it in HUGE BOLD font, yet no luck. You say that "transgender" kids MUST be allowed to use the opposite sexes restroom no matter what age, grade, etc... FINE...

Fine, that is, if you at least have clear criteria.

What are the guidelines?

Who gets in and who doesn't?

How is it determined?

BY WHO?!?

Do they have to be dressed like the opposite sex? (meaning they have to be fully committed to it)

How is it enforced? (to keep out sick perverts, etc)

If you haven't even thought it all the way through, how do you get off on ramming the issue down everyones throats?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this about them having a "safe space" (free from bullying)?

In the safe space context, how slippery is the slope here?

If "transgender" folks can go in, why not "transexuals"?

Or cross-dressers?

Or metrosexuals?

Or Bronies?

Or nerds?

Or emo kids?

Or goth kids?

Or sissies?

Or obese kids?

Or racial minorities?

In other words, who besides football players and headbangers CANT go in (the girls room)?

What if a football player is an obese cross dressing Asian/African headbanger, can heshe go in?

What are the upper and lower limits of this thing?

If you cant sort this out for everybody else, then how is this entire ordeal not but a big national level troll + spam initiative?

This doesn't even have to be a debate. But it's time you make clear who is in, who isn't, and how it's even supposed to work before you go ram rodding this issue down elementary school kids throats.

Note I'm not entirely opposed to the idea... although the elementary schools thing is taking it way too far (especially right out the gates)... ESPECIALLY if you can't hammer down how this stuff is suppose to work / protect kids / and so on.

This is your big chance to make this make sense for everybody else. Don't blow it.
edit on 14-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
no bronies.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The object is to not have an answer, because you can't have an answer without offending a or multiple groups of people.

I think it is one big goverment troll to distract people. Normally, I don't think it would distract but the problem is the emergence of SJW's and special snowflakes pissing everybody off. They have to blow their mouths off and then scurry away to their "safe spaces" after they get everybody arguing about nothing. They create frustration and anger about their stupid topics. This results in not paying attention to what's really going on, that being the insanity leading up to this election.

If the lie is big enough people will swallow it, if the corruption is shuffled aside quickly enough most people won't notice it. I think the root of this particular bathroom troll lays in the lap of government trying to insulate themselves as the truths trickle out, give people something else to fight about so they don't fight us, buy some time. They see the end of their positions and they don't like what they are seeing. I imagine they are of the same mind and attitude as Marie Antoinette, just before the revolution came to take her head.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/14.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
If "transgender" folks can go in, why not "transexuals"?

Are you seriously still so uninformed as to type something like that?

If you are going spread hyperbole (disguised as a concern troll), at the very least, try to know what the hell you are talking about? After you thread claiming a connection between transgender people and fans of My Little Pony, I figured you had learned something. No?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I believe the guideline sent out by Obama's administration says that the parents must notify the school officials that their child has been diagnosed with gender dysphoria and is getting therapy that includes allowing the child to live as the gender they identify with.

edit on 14-6-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this about them having a "safe space" (free from bullying)?

Dear Sir,

Bathrooms are not "safe spaces", they are a place to perform normal waste elimination, sanitize your hands and maybe get a quick check in the mirror that you're killing it that day.

You've spread your lack of knowledge and understand in what? Half a dozen threads by now and you still don't get it, still want someone to explain when many have tried and still coming up with whatever you can (Bronies, really?) when it is more than obvious to everyone you don't even understand the terminology, have some pretty fringe thinking with your manifestos and have a hard on for transgender issues you are unwilling or incapable of even beginning to grasp.

You insist on someone giving you answers but nobody wants to play your little game because those that have tried to help you understand this haven't gotten through so at this point, go do your own damn research and stop expecting to be spoon fed because I, for one, have exhausted my patience and tolerance for your nuttery plus you didn't even answer my direct questions to you in one of your other crazy tirades.

Let it go, man. After what just happened can't you give your misguided crusade a rest for a while? You will get no further replies from me so don't bother with your comebacks because they're all too predictable and I'd really hate to see you further broadcast your ignorance (lack of information or understanding) or willful ignorance (maintaining your position in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary). There's a point where nuttery turns to asshattery and I think most would agree you've already crossed that line so I'm hoping others choose to ignore rather than engage your confusion and whatever fog you can't see through.

More often than not, I will take the time to help someone understand these things but I and others have tried to no avail so at this juncture, further communication with you would simply be pointless and redundant and not worth the effort so have no expectations of receiving additional replies to whatever you might throw out there, which like I said, is predictable and will undoubtedly have shouting involved.

Sincerely,
Me

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Having spent a long time in Thailand I am used to things that are not as they seem in bathrooms I dont really care where an adult takes a whizz or dump but why after 6000 years of civilisation is it suddenly a priority for children to be confused by such issues...let kids be kids

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Hey an actual response!

Alright I found a document....

The Departments interpret Title IX to require that when a student or the student’s parent or guardian, as appropriate, notifies the school administration that the student will assert a gender identity that differs from previous representations or records, the school will begin treating the student consistent with the student’s gender identity. Under Title IX, there is no medical diagnosis or treatment requirement that students must meet as a prerequisite to being treated consistent with their gender identity. www2.ed.gov...

All they have to do is say "so". Am I missing something?

EDIT: Since transgenderism is an 'absolutely rock solid specific medical condition', why shouldn't they have to be diagnosed, if it's that big of a deal?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

If you'd like to actually respond to the OP that would be fantabulous!

Are you suuuuure it's not about a safe space?

Safe and Nondiscriminatory Environment Schools have a responsibility to provide a safe and nondiscriminatory environment for all students, including transgender students. Harassment that targets a student based on gender identity, transgender status, or gender transition is harassment based on sex, and the Departments enforce Title IX accordingly.9 If sex-based harassment creates a hostile environment, the school must take prompt and effective steps to end the harassment, prevent its recurrence, and, as appropriate, remedy its effects. A school’s failure to treat students consistent with their gender identity may create or contribute to a hostile environment in violation of Title IX.
www2.ed.gov...

Have you even read this stuff?

Did you ever consider that your lots trollful methods, and unwillingness to answer the tough questions would irk people?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

According to the directive Obama sent out, there is no criteria. In fact, even requesting medical confirmation of diagnosis and/or treatment is forbidden as a violation of confidentiality. The individual does not have to be transitioned, transitioning, nor even have any intention of pursuing transition (i.e., surgery and/or hormone treatments).

There is absolutely nothing -- as written -- to define "transgender," and therefore absolutely nothing to stop any boy/man who chooses from "using" the girls/ladies room.

ETA: Here's a pdf of the actual directive:
Obama's Dear Colleague Letter on Transgender Students (pdf)
edit on 14-6-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

There have been many school districts that have been addressing this issue over the years. Here is a document with some real-life examples. I haven't heard too much in the news of kids "faking it" in order to get into the girl's room. Have you?

www2.ed.gov...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Just keep on trolling. You only weaken your position.

The fact is, aside from taking note of the initial edict, I'm only just now getting into this issue here or otherwise.

I've asked many hard questions in pursuit of fully understanding all this, and they keep getting shrugged off, where I usually just get troll answers like yours.

Way to support your cause, by black balling the ignorant newcomers!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Well I dont know specifics like that, but what I do know is Lack Of Evidence Is NOT Evidence. I know on a grand scale national level this is all new stuff, so looking a couple months out doesn't tell much. BUT, when kids start getting sexually assaulted, what might you say then?

Okay, so in review, ANY student (such as Eric Cartman), can confidentially go to some school official, not even have to exhibit an outward transgender appearance, and they get in?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

December 10, 2015
TACOMA -- A 12-year-old student at Pioneer Middle School in DuPont is accused of cornering a 13-year-old girl in a restroom stall at the school, grabbing and trying to remove her sweater, duct-taping her mouth and slamming her face into the wall.

The boy was charged Monday in Pierce County juvenile court with second-degree assault with sexual motivation and unlawful imprisonment with sexual motivation for an incident that occurred on Dec. 4.

The boy had just returned to school after being suspended for having been found earlier in the girl's restroom, court documents said.
q13fox.com...

That took only about 25 seconds to dig up.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Lack of evidence is lack of evidence.

Schools have been dealing with this for years, not months. School policies differ, but generally there has to be some serious conversations before a trans kid is allowed to go into the restroom that matches their gender identity. The vast majority of the time, parents are also involved in these conversations. School counselors are often involved.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

What does this have to do with trans kids?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

From what I have seen, proponents claim that "only someone committed" can get in, and they claim the person has to be in counseling, with a doc, etc. However, that is NOT how any such regs are stated. Basically, anyone who wants can get in now, with no restrictions.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It proves boys already RAPE young girls in school girls restrooms, even when they're not suppose to be in there.

rainn.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

And if you think that's how all schools handle it (just let anyone in who says they feel like a girl today), you are as delusional as the OP.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It does NOT prove that trans kids rape girls in school restrooms. Unless you have evidence that a kid professed to be trans, got into the girl's room with the school's permission and raped a girl? No, you don't.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join