It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well Done Iceland.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Iceland 1 1 Portugal

Let's hope that takes the smug look of Ronaldo's mush.

edit on 14-6-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

It might until his next goal or contribution to a sending off.

Edit - Portugal, another country that has been robbed by Iceland.
edit on 14/6/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ouch... that’s some stats!

Possession
     Portugal   72%
     Iceland    28%

Shots
     Portugal   26
     Iceland    4

On Target
     Portugal   9
     Iceland    4

Corners
     Portugal   11
     Iceland     2

Fouls
     Portugal   9
     Iceland     17

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IllegalName
Ouch... that’s some stats!

Possession
     Portugal   72%
     Iceland    28%

Shots
     Portugal   26
     Iceland    4

On Target
     Portugal   9
     Iceland    4

Corners
     Portugal   11
     Iceland     2

Fouls
     Portugal   9
     Iceland     17

Stats mean nothing if you can't put the ball in the onion bag more than the oppossion does.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That’s why it’ll hurt that smug mush all the more!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why don't we have one thread discussing EURO?

Nice Iceland. So glad I bet my money on draw. I knew my boys could pull it off

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It was nice to watch the second half,

Kept things interesting up to the last second and then added a few.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

It’d only degenerate into talk of hooliganism.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

It's part of football.

I don't mind talking about it, as long as we discuss games as well

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yeah they defended really well and didn't give him much chance. Nice to see the underdogs do well.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Well it’s not a part of the game, not to me as a life-long football fan. I also got arrested 20 years ago at a game so I know to an extent what it can be like. Still, it is a relevant matter to talk about, I just wouldn’t at all be surprised if it’d turn into a slag-fest against Russia. Having said that, I’m the one who even mentioned it up so I’ll shut up now.

Anyway, Portugal... looking at the stats, that is some serious domination aside of actually scoring goals. If they keep that up and improve in the final third then we might want to keep an eye on them. There are bigger threats, Italy were very strong last night and I think Portugal would have far less possession again that kind of opponent.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I think it depends on the culture.

When the seventies started, that's the first time people started organized cheering in Serbia, which then led to clashes with opponents fans, which then led to hooligans and everything else. But back then, it was you fight with another guy, when hes knocked down you just leave him, not kick him some more. You knock him out, and you give him your hand...I don't know what has happened with people in the meantime.
So, for the past 40 years, I just got used to watching games, and hearing loud fans cheering. I cannot imagine a football game without it. It would not be the same for me.

I'd like to see Croatia doing well, i think they've got some nice potential. This is one of the first Euro's in such a long time, where I don't see the main favourite for winning the tittle...it's going to be interesting.
edit on 221k2016Tuesdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Til hamingju Ísland!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Football fans fighting each other and then shaking hands afterwards kinda paints hooliganism in a completely different picture. It’d be rather interesting to see Chelsea Headhunters doing that!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Yeah, lol, It's kind hard to imagine any football hooligan from England doing that!

But back then, those people weren't hooligans. They wouldn't trash a stadium, wouldn't cause trouble to "normal" people, like we see these hooligans doing nowadays.

Usage of knives and cold weapons? What was that? It didn't exist back then. It was the time when there was a moral code, to say the least. I mean, that's how it was in Serbia. And then, in the nineties, fans were used to start the destruction of Yugoslavia, it was the time when nationalism was at rise, and everything went downhill from there...Those hooligans practically started working for every government we have had here. They receive money from clubs, get money when clubs sell their players, work with police...Organized fan groups are basically a criminal group working with government and police.

All of this was unthinkable back in the days. I mean, to get money from a club you support?! Outrageous.

EDIT: lol i just realized i went so far off topic...i apologize guys...
edit on 238k2016Tuesdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I actually see nothing wrong with supporters getting some cashback for spending money on tickets throughout their life. That would actually be a brilliant incentive, almost like having shares! Backhanders, though... that’s another matter entirely - governments should never interfere in football, and actually it’s forbidden by FIFA so they could ban clubs and countries from entering world or continental competitions.

new topics

top topics

join