It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"False" Gun Free Zones should be illegal!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Orlando show us again that a false gun free zone are just death traps and it's been proven time and time again. I have nothing against "True Gun Free Zones" and I think they are necessary to have (ex. courthouses, airports, and sport venues). However, my definition of a "True" Gun Free Zone needs at least 3 requirements 1) All entrances and exits are secured by armed guards 2) All entrances must contain metal detectors and bag search 3) A room with lockers should be provided for anyone to store their legal weapons before entering. This setup is what you have in a courthouse anything less irresponsible. Either have "True Gun Free Zones" or none at all.
edit on 14-6-2016 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

Orlando show us again that a false gun free zone are just death traps and it's been proven time and time again. I have nothing against "True Gun Free Zones" and I think they are necessary to have (ex. courthouses, airports, and sport venues). However, my definition of a "True" Gun Free Zone needs at least 3 requirements 1) All entrances and exits are secured by armed guards 2) All entrances must contain a metal detectors and bag search 3) A room with lockers should be provided for anyone to store their legal weapons before entering. This setup is what you have in a courthouse anything less irresponsible. Either have "True Gun Free Zones" or none at all.

So you have no problems with a bunch of drunk assholes in a bar at 2 am with firearms? What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Then provide a "True gun free zone". I would have no problem with that.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Orlando show us again that a false gun free zone are just death traps and it's been proven time and time again. I have nothing against "True Gun Free Zones" and I think they are necessary to have (ex. courthouses, airports, and sport venues). However, my definition of a "True" Gun Free Zone needs at least 3 requirements 1) All entrances and exits are secured by armed guards 2) All entrances must contain metal detectors and bag search 3) A room with lockers should be provided for anyone to store their legal weapons before entering. This setup is what you have in a courthouse anything less irresponsible. Either have "True Gun Free Zones" or none at all.

Even your 'true' gun free zones are not guaranteed gun free.
The systems can be defeated.

link   

Just like marshals on an airplane, it might be a good idea at this stage of the game, to have something like that in public venues....people mixed in with the people, but not drinking alcohol. Nobody would really know who is and isn't one of these armed "marshals".

link   

not much different than those same people going out to their cars and grabbing their guns and coming back inside. But the main difference would be if someone started crap especially with a gun chances are that 1 or more other people would be armed as well and it would end quickly or would stop as soon as the person drew...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Nothing in life is a guarantee .... a free society will always have its dangers. However, this setup there are armed guards on site if there are any shenanigans. It is not perfect but much better than the alternative.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Just like marshals on an airplane, it might be a good idea at this stage of the game, to have something like that in public venues....people mixed in with the people, but not drinking alcohol. Nobody would really know who is and isn't one of these armed "marshals".

The CPA I work for deals with several bars in one of our entertainment districts, and this is how the bar owners deal with it, by hiring off duty police officers. I am too damn old to be out at 2am, but we have had no mass shootings in a bar in my area.

Sounds like there was one in Orlando, but apparently that didn't solve the issue either.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel

not much different than those same people going out to their cars and grabbing their guns and coming back inside. But the main difference would be if someone started crap especially with a gun chances are that 1 or more other people would be armed as well and it would end quickly or would stop as soon as the person drew...

What part of drunks in a dimly lit night club at 2 am with firearms is intelligent? From a conversation I had yesterday, in the state of Missouri, if you are a CCW holder and are found in a bar drinking while carrying your firearm, you are going to jail, especially if the owner of the bar has not given you permission to conceal carry in his establishment.
edit on 6/14/2016 by BubbaJoe because: needed to make more sense

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So you have no problems with a bunch of drunk assholes in a bar at 2 am with firearms? What could possibly go wrong?

Throw in a couple of hookers then we can talk about the secret service.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A gun free zone is a constitution free zone.

IT should NOT exist.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The problem is if a bar only states that guns are not permitted and do nothing to enforce the matter ... anyone with ill intentions can just walk in and do as they please. If a bar provide a true gun free zone, all patrons in the bar are likely unarmed or have their arms stored in the locker room. If someone wish to come in and start trouble armed guards are right there at the entrances. Chances of a mass shooting will be lessen with these precautions.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Three officers exchanged gunfire with Mateen BEFORE he walked into the club, showing us that you can't always put 100% faith into those we hope will protect us, let alone expect them to be 100% successful in doing so. We are always our own last line of defense.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Agreed, in the end you have to take the final responsibility to protect yourselves and your family. I make it a point not to support any businesses that prevent me from carrying on their premises.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

IT should NOT exist.

People should have the right to restrict firearms at their place of business. Those that don't agree can spend their time and money at another business.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Throw in a couple of hookers then we can talk about the secret service.

too true, especially is South America. LOL

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I agree with that, the only places I was not allowed to conceal carry was court (but they made an exception twice), government buildings and military bases (again I had exemptions in most cases). Everywhere else I carried 2 handguns and 4 clips, even into the Canadian embassy (libtards didn't search me or ask me if I was armed). Guns on their own don't kill people, people kill people. Guns on their own can't save people, but a gun in well trained hands can save a lot of people.

You are right, there should be a few restricted areas, courts and goverment buildings, military reservations if you're not stationed there, sporting events where emotions and tempers can flair, even bars and nightclubs possibly. The one real problem is that all a terrorist has to do is get one guard on the inside. So not only is a gun free zone a problem because of terrorists, but also the questionable integrity of whatever security force is in place. Mateen was with g4s, obviously they don't do proper vetting or are compromised.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

IT should NOT exist.

People should have the right to restrict firearms at their place of business. Those that don't agree can spend their time and money at another business.

Well then business have the RIGHT to tell gays to get lost,blacks get lost, and every other political issue.

No people don't have the right. Since the same people that created the gun free zone sing a different tune when it comes to OTHER people.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

IT should NOT exist.

Well then business have the RIGHT to tell gays to get lost,blacks get lost, and every other political issue.

No people don't have the right. Since the same people that created the gun free zone sing a different tune when it comes to OTHER people.

BS. So I can go into another church and preach a different religion. Should that mean everyone must proclaim a religion or violate the 1st. Isn't that just another my rights beat yours.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join