It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Closet Gay= Kill all Gays , Closet Deviant= Ban all Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Boy, are you guys going to love this one

I put this in the rant forum mainly because I didn't know where else this fit in on the the other forums.

So, I noticed that quite a few people are starting to try and understand the Orlando shooters motives. And in doing so have thrown out quite a few theories, some of which may hold some water, others, not so much. Of course, in the aftermath of another mass shooting, we have people also trying to defend more gun regulations.

Those two thoughts are what I mean to discuss here. Also, I would like to note that this is more of a "Well duh" tongue in cheek sort of argument in hopes that some actually see the irony of their logic. ( I hold no high hopes on that regard)

So, one of the prevailing theories that seems to be popping up is that the shooter was actually a closeted gay that just couldn't deal with the fact that his father and religion wouldn't allow him to be who he truly was. SO, in order to quell this conundrum, he decided to go shoot up a gay club, manifest his anger so to speak. I suppose that is a possibility. Hell, this wouldn't be the first case of such a thing, and seems to happen when some people can't think rationally.

With that logic, and the possibility that it may be true, I have to ask if you so called, although, not self named, gun-grabbers might actually be unstable yourselves, and possibly hosting thoughts of destruction. And in your self anger, you want to fight that which you are, because society says its not normal. So, ban guns.

I know that it may seem like I am calling anti-gun activists unstable, but I'm actually not. I'm asking a thought provoking question that I hope you see the point of. IF you can't discern the point, then I reckon all logic is mostly lost on you anyway, and I don't argue with idiots.

Feel free to attack all you want, but it only shows terrible reading comprehension.

Flame away!!
edit on 14-6-2016 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am going to pop some popcorn. Then come back and watch people put on some yoga pants and answer your question

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He was simply a Muslim.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

So politically correct! Bravo

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think the anti gun crowd are just easily influenced by agendas personally.

MSM bobbleheads

We need to focus on why the counrty has been turned toxic by politicians.

Why have costs gone through the roof, while jobs are taxed away.

Why safety is being pushed via right removal.

Why the borders are open.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: added to

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Im anti gun and I can tell you straight its not because of any Msn bobbleheads or any other propaganda.
Its because they are tools designed exclusively to kill.

You can play semantics with that statement however you like but its a fact. Guns = death.

This is a pointless argument as pro gunners have said many times that the death toll u guys have is basically an acceptable price to pay for your 2nd ammendment

Stop putting guns in circulation, start taking them off criminals and in a few generations instead of having 6 guns per person in circulation ul have maybe 2 and those with them will think twice about using them due to the fact if there misused they wont be easily replaceable

Someone tell me why this is illogical or unworkable?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Boy, are you guys going to love this one

I put this in the rant forum mainly because I didn't know where else this fit in on the the other forums.

So, I noticed that quite a few people are starting to try and understand the Orlando shooters motives. And in doing so have thrown out quite a few theories, some of which may hold some water, others, not so much. Of course, in the aftermath of another mass shooting, we have people also trying to defend more gun regulations.

Those two thoughts are what I mean to discuss here. Also, I would like to note that this is more of a "Well duh" tongue in cheek sort of argument in hopes that some actually see the irony of their logic. ( I hold no high hopes on that regard)

So, one of the prevailing theories that seems to be popping up is that the shooter was actually a closeted gay that just couldn't deal with the fact that his father and religion wouldn't allow him to be who he truly was. SO, in order to quell this conundrum, he decided to go shoot up a gay club, manifest his anger so to speak. I suppose that is a possibility. Hell, this wouldn't be the first case of such a thing, and seems to happen when some people can't think rationally.

With that logic, and the possibility that it may be true, I have to ask if you so called, although, not self named, gun-grabbers might actually be unstable yourselves, and possibly hosting thoughts of destruction. And in your self anger, you want to fight that which you are, because society says its not normal. So, ban guns.

I know that it may seem like I am calling anti-gun activists unstable, but I'm actually not. I'm asking a thought provoking question that I hope you see the point of. IF you can't discern the point, then I reckon all logic is mostly lost on you anyway, and I don't argue with idiots.

Feel free to attack all you want, but it only shows terrible reading comprehension.

Flame away!!

Closet closet = random unreasonable statement.

You cannot shoot someone with a banana.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Im anti gun and I can tell you straight its not because of any Msn bobbleheads or any other propaganda.
Its because they are tools designed exclusively to kill.

You can play semantics with that statement however you like but its a fact. Guns = death.

This is a pointless argument as pro gunners have said many times that the death toll u guys have is basically an acceptable price to pay for your 2nd ammendment

Stop putting guns in circulation, start taking them off criminals and in a few generations instead of having 6 guns per person in circulation ul have maybe 2 and those with them will think twice about using them due to the fact if there misused they wont be easily replaceable

Someone tell me why this is illogical or unworkable?

The second amendment isnt just for self defense its also for in case of tyranny within the united states governement, in case of another american revolution. this way if its ever proven we have a corrupt government we can rise as a nation to reclaim it.

other countries wont invade us because there is a saying around the world that in america behind every blade of grass is a firearm. its for when mass shootings do take place open carry laws allow the use of the average citizen to fight back and thats why im a supporter of the concealed weapons permit.

The elite want gun control laws so that we will be helpless against them and thats why they want one of our freedoms taken away.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Sorry mate but I call bs on basically everything you said.

If the gov decides to start killing citizens your most powerful legally purchased weapon aint gonna do shyte vs a tank, helicopter or drone.
Ditto with an invasion force, you guys with your Ars or whatever are just gonna get blown away from a distance.
Most of you seem to be unaware that there have been significant technological developments in weaponry since the 2nd was written.
Plus whats a concealed weapon permit got to do with either if these scenarios???

If the elite wanted gun control they would simply stop making and selling guns.
Who is making the billions of dollars that gun sales rack up every year?
Ill give you a hint, its not the owner of your average mum and pop cnr store.

Ok so how about now you try answer my question instead of just reverting back to "but the 2nd ammendment"

Do you know what the word ammendment even means?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Not knowing diddly about a whole lot... the first thought in my teeny tiny brain was... being muslim/islamic he was possibly a closeted gay and due to his parentage/religion, couldn't handle it and gave in to the dictates of a 6th century obsolete/barbaric way of thinking...or, it was a case of islamic hydrophobic ideology getting the better of being a human being. Yes, I know, basically the same thing as it has one, singular commonality... islam. When questioning which line of thought - choosing to be human or following an inhuman idealogy - truly came first we'll probably never know since I doubt his father would ever admit to one or the other for obvious reasons. Either way I wish his humanity had been the overwhelming factor and kept him from committing such an inhuman act.

It's almost inconceivable that in light of advancements made by mankind in today's world we are subjected to being stopped in our tracks by something like a "religion" so dark, backward and inhuman that no one seems to know how to proceed. How to get passed. How to overcome. Entire countries put on hold to combat this heinous ideology in such ways as to "save face", as it were.

It always seems to be the smallest cog in the wheel that disrupts and destroys. I guess it goes back to how to build a better mousetrap. I'd of thought we were way beyond allowing something we didn't perceive as a festering thorn in the side of humanity to get the better of us. I guess not. Now that it's become a systemic infection, threatening to kill the very body of humanity, what antibiotic can and will be employed? How I wish I had even the slightest inkling of an answer to that. I don't know about anyone else, but I would never have even fantasised about facing such a conundrum in my lifetime. History just came back to bite us in the butt. Don't let it keep repeating itself.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
your question, why is this illogical or unworkable.

Because criminals wont follow the gun control laws and the bad guys will have guns when the average citizen wouldnt.

if you want to disarm the populace of their firearms you dont believe in the constitution and it makes me question whether you pledge your allegiance to the republic or are of some other country in fairytale land where everybody gets along and everyones life is perfect.

if you studied history bad things always happen to the populace when they have to hand in their weapons.

gun control laws are not going to protect you from the "Domestic terroism." and massacres like the orlando shooting.
there would be nothing stoppping the illegals and felons and terrorists from smuggling in firearms from other countries.

im not going to attack you or provoke you for your belief that we shouldnt have guns.
i wish we lived in a world where weapons didnt exist but the cold reality of it is that they do.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Closet Deviant= Ban all Guns,...

...and I don't argue with idiots.

Me neither. Or folks who need to call others names to advance their cause.
(But in this case, I'll make an exception! *__- )

Wow, all opposing Perspectives be eliminated with one deft swipe of the 'idiot' pen! *__-
All you do is to set up your automatic defense mechanisms to hide behind, in case questioned/threatened;
"Feel free to attack all you want, but it only shows terrible reading comprehension."
Any other Perspectives means that our comprehension is off, again, we're 'idiots'.
And any offered Perspectives that are different are an 'attack', again ignored/sidestepped with a deft and dismissive;
"Flame away!!"
Oh, the martyr!
And you are mature enough to play with guns!
Uh huh...

"Of course, in the aftermath of another mass shooting, we have people also trying to defend more gun regulations."
~~~Yeah, as all these shootings get closer and closer together, time-wise, spatially, the notion of getting rid of the physical objects that are at the root of the 'physical problem' is an obvious solution theory.

And the fallacy of all is in your apples and oranges fallacy of equating the TRUTH of the 'closeted gays in denial' being at the root of homophobia, and tacking on that little dirty tagline about those damned gun grabbers (threatening your 'manhood' (oh the irony)) being inherently insane/perverted was about as intellectually dishonest and ignorant as it gets.
Putting this in Rant was the best and most lucid point that you make, because a rant is what it is! *__-

top topics

join