It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London's new Muslim mayor takes aim at sexy subway ads

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

My point is, I see all this hate in some comments and I wonder what if this muslim hate really escalates and goes out of control... In the streets... In the homes of europe! Are the original europeans being groomed to take arms and fight back against the immigrants and their european born children? Are they being poked to revolt? We have recently seen russians fighting english soccer fans on the streets of marseille in france. Passions can so easily be triggered!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: gortex

Is he an enemy because he's a feminist?

Not sure he is a feminist , he's a politician.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Unity_99

Do you have the slightest clue about British law or what British mayors are empowered with doing?

Do you even realize that London isn't in the United States and not subject to the Constitution?

I've noticed that most who have commented in this thread, don't understand what a London mayor can or cannot do. They also don't seem to understand that a person can have an opinion.

They also fail MISERABLY at saying things like "get your guns back!" and similar. Tell that to my TWO shotguns AND hunting rifle that I have
edit on 1462016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UnManifested

There will come a time when critical mass will be achieved. I personally think this is being orchestrated to happen. Whether it be in the UK or the US. People will only give so much before they decide enough is enough. What you are saying very well could be in the works.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Not just that, according to this article the ads were removed last year, prior to this Mayor's arrival.

Maybe the ads were put back up?

From April of 2015:

London Underground to remove ‘offensive’ slimming adverts… as more posters are defaced and 50,000 people sign petition to ban them.

Campaigners against the new Protein World 'Are You Beach Body Ready?' adverts are celebrating today after learning that they are being taken down.

Transport for London (TFL) has revealed that the controversial posters around the London Underground, featuring a bikini-clad model called Renee Somerfield are being removed.

edit on 14-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnManifested
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

My point is, I see all this hate in some comments and I wonder what if this muslim hate really escalates and goes out of control... In the streets... In the homes of europe! Are the original europeans being groomed to take arms and fight back against the immigrants and their european born children? Are they being poked to revolt? We have recently seen russians fighting english soccer fans on the streets of marseille in france. Passions can so easily be triggered!

I honestly wouldn't worry so much. ATS IS just an online forum amongst tens of thousands online. It has no real voice and the people preaching hate in here are meaningless and few. As for the UK and the rest of the world, I think there are far more decent and tolerant people there than like out fellow member in here saying he hates muslims.

I wouldn't worry. But it's still sad

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

originally posted by: Morrad
Did you actually check on his family? This is him with his wife and two teenage daughters. Not a burqa in site.

This picture does not empower him to overstep his jurisdiction and pass laws that discriminate against legally clad women, albeit sexy or scanty, legally clad women. Those discrimination laws are Federal and even if they put this picture trying to show he's moderate, when he's passing discriminatory rules and laws outside his jurisdiction, it kind reminds me of a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Good thing he's not doing that then eh?

You guys sound so scared. Like children. It's so sad to see

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I honestly do believe that London, and too a lesser extent the Home Counties, is sort of out of step with the rest of the UK.

London is an entity all unto itself.

But I do wonder how many out there who are claiming this as some sort of precursor to Sharia Law have actually ever visited London, have ever talked to Londoner's etc?

Sexualisation of youngsters is a concern to many, not just the PC Brigade.
And the pressures put on women through advertising to conform to some 'perfect' image of womanhood is undeniable.

I don't necessarily agree that such posters / advertising should be banned per se, but I do think it is an issue the public should be aware of and its a debate that should take place.
And for that alone Sadiq Khan should be commended.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If he was?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The point here is that the camel has his head in the tent. What are you going to do about it? Roll over for fear of being called a racist, sexist, muslim-o-phobe?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I don't think the next step is Sharia law but there is no getting around the feeling that any leader with a Muslim background will be scrutinized in a western political role. I had the same worries with Romney as well. He wasn't Muslim but his practising beliefs were extremely conservative. So can someone with a very strict religious code of ethics not try and influence a very liberal society. It will take time to see if it possible for a leader to overlook a very progressive culture and focus on other priorities. One ban on skinny ads might be a slippery slope imo.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Actually, the point is that ignorant people with no knowledge of the issues have made assumptions based on their own bigotry - which is how this thread came about.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The point here is that the camel has his head in the tent. What are you going to do about it? Roll over for fear of being called a racist, sexist, muslim-o-phobe?

You do realise that the previous mayor (Good ole Boris) did the same thing? He was a Christian, but (his own words) "not a serious Christian". Does that mean that he had a Christian or other agenda?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What a British ban on tits Benny Hill would be rolling in his grave.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Highly doubtful since men are to be showered with a slew of 72 virgins...AFTER DEATH.

I've asked on different sites if that's what men get, what can women expect? Haven't gotten even one silly, or otherwise, answer. So...anyone?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Actually, the point is that ignorant people with no knowledge of the issues have made assumptions based on their own bigotry - which is how this thread came about.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Thats such a pathetic cartoon. Sweet jesus where do you guys dredge up these stupid things from?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

What a British ban on tits.....

I like tits....a lot.

But this isn't really about tits and it seems many here can't quite grasp that.

Benny Hill would be rolling in his grave.

I found Benny Hill funny.....when I was about 12.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

That he was elected says a lot about the state of affairs over there......

someone needs to tell this clown that if a woman is fit enough to do a bikini ad, she's not going to be ashamed of the pics! Plus, it isn't his job to decide who is or isn't offended by an ad.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Thats such a pathetic cartoon. Sweet jesus where do you guys dredge up these stupid things from?

It's rather appropriate and illustrates the liberal mindset and hypocrisy. It rather well typifies many posts here on this thread and others. That you have such a reaction is rather amusing. Perhaps it hits too close to home for you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join