It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London's new Muslim mayor takes aim at sexy subway ads

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Doubtful. He's probably going to personally pay for ads featuring unhealthily overweight women from minorities in bikinis to appease the PC SJW crowd who voted him in.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Way to go UK!
Didn't take long for this to backfire on all involved.
I guess the mayor is not nearly as tolerant as those who voted for him.
One of the first issues he tackles.....ads of scantily clad women.

Hahaha. ..you guys are such a joke.

Backfiring? All he's suggesting is less flesh on huge posters displayed in public places. Considering the other concensus on ATS is that the world has degenerated and gone downhill with fewer morals and kids and teens being sexualised too early, you would have thought you guys would agree with Khan .

Oh..he's muslim. I forgot. My bad.

I swear to god some days I think everyone on this board is trolling

No the mayor of london appears to be the troll today.
When you cast your vote for said mayor was it because you hoped he would bring back morality to london? Less flesh on huge posters in public places as you so eloquently termed it? Did the Mayor campaign on returning morals to england?
You in london elected him is this why?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Awww little London is taking it's first baby steps towards Sharia Law

No , it isn't.

Sadiq Khan is playing to the feminist agenda which unless you haven't noticed is quite popular at the moment.

Women’s Equality Party leader Sophie Walker, who has long supported a ban, praised the new London mayor. “Sadiq Khan appears to be taking steps towards keeping to his promise to be a feminist Mayor for London,” she told RT. However, Self-Esteem Team, a UK based group promoting body confidence, told RT that a ban is not the only solution. “Critical thinking is often greater than bans. However, we support Sadiq Khan, as manipulative ads are not freedom of speech but [rather] a harmful agenda,” the group said. Praising Khan’s decision, Self-Esteem Team’s Grace Barrett said: “Someone in power has acknowledged that these images have an impact on our body confidence.”
www.rt.com...

Good old Fox.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Is he also going to censor men in bathing suits and underwear?

Good question. Aren't boys having to deal with body image too? Do we have to see David Beckham in his underwear and tattoos everywhere? If this ban is only on women showing flesh I would have to think it is sharia based.

So is this just for women's photos?

STM
edit on 14-6-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The fragile right whines again.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Way to go UK!
Didn't take long for this to backfire on all involved.
I guess the mayor is not nearly as tolerant as those who voted for him.
One of the first issues he tackles.....ads of scantily clad women.

Hahaha. ..you guys are such a joke.

Backfiring? All he's suggesting is less flesh on huge posters displayed in public places. Considering the other concensus on ATS is that the world has degenerated and gone downhill with fewer morals and kids and teens being sexualised too early, you would have thought you guys would agree with Khan .

Oh..he's muslim. I forgot. My bad.

I swear to god some days I think everyone on this board is trolling

No the mayor of london appears to be the troll today.
When you cast your vote for said mayor was it because you hoped he would bring back morality to london? Less flesh on huge posters in public places as you so eloquently termed it? Did the Mayor campaign on returning morals to england?
You in london elected him is this why?

I certainly did vote for him. I'm a staunch atheist but I like him. He's a decent man and I think will be good for London. The fact that he gets your heckles up please me.

He's the total opposite to Trump. That's a good thing

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Fair enough.

Either way it's oppression.

Feminism and radical takes on Sharia Law are both evils in todays world.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

So you think it is ok for the mayor to decide what ads should be able to be seen and which should be banned?

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If women don't like ads with beautiful fit bikini models then they won't buy those products, and those companies that hawk those products will adjust their advertising to whatever it is that women do like. So if there really is a problem, it will solve itself naturally, no? Maybe next he can outlaw 32 ounce drinks and table salt too, it's for your own good.
edit on 14-6-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So you think it is ok for the mayor to decide what ads should be able to be seen and which should be banned?

I think it's perfectly acceptable for him to voice his opinion on it. As long as he doesn't force it through I see no problem.

Plus I believe that ads are too sexual as well...

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
oh look, yet ANOTHER encroachment upon free speech in a disarmed nation state. Please UK, I love you, you gave birth to us. Your television programming has some awesome stuff. We are always here to have your back. But please, if you don't start fighting for your guns back, or at least the right to defend yourself with force without the presumption of guilt, things could get worse. Liberate yourselves from the politicians who wants to keep taking away your free speech!

PS, I think real body shaming is telling girls it is wrong to want to maintain a bikini body which is typically achieved through by maintaining a proper diet to reach desired results. A Bikini body is typically a much healthier one than the big girls who are offended by them being in ads.
edit on 6/14/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Fair enough
good luck with that

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
If women don't like ads with beautiful fit bikini models then they won't buy those products, and those companies that hawk those products will adjust their advertising to whatever it is that women do like. So if there really is a problem, it will solve itself naturally, no? Maybe next he can outlaw 32 ounce drinks and table salt too, it's for your own good.

No. It doesn't work like that. Stop being so incredibly naive.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Fair enough
good luck with that

Thanks. London will be fine with a Muslim mayor. Now whether he will be a good MAYOR remains to be seen.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
oh look, yet ANOTHER encroachment upon free speech in a disarmed nation state. Please UK, I love you, you gave birth to us. Your television programming has some awesome stuff. We are always here to have your back. But please, if you don't start fighting for your guns back, or at least the right to defend yourself with force without the presumption of guilt, things could get worse. Liberate yourselves from the politicians who wants to keep taking away your free speech!

The last thing most people in the UK want to be are gun loving trump supporting Americans. And that's a good thing. We will continue to embrace foreigners and avoid arming ourselves. And we will be fine.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

well, its your country, run it how you wish. We will be here to help if the Wahhabi's take over though. We will never leave you guys behind, EVER!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale
Sharia law coming to London .You get what you pay for in life.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

No? It can. Why else are more and more clothing companies focusing more and more on ads with natural sized women and plus sized models? Because that is what their demographics wants to see. They want to see products demonstrated by models they can relate to. These ad companies are constantly evolving their advertising to what makes people feel good about themselves and their product.

Sure, there is some negative advertising out there that is meant to feed on guilt. But on a whole positive advertising works better for most types of products. Personally, any ad that is meant to make me feel bad or guilty about something puts that product on my personal do-not-buy list.
I think more and more people are aware of that type of advertising tactic and feel the same.
edit on 14-6-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RustyNailer
I really dislike muslims...one notch below hate. Why are they even on this planet?

The fact so many starred that comment is really quite telling.

I've lurked on ATS for a while now and have noticed a gradual shift around here. More hate, more rhetoric, more fear.

Well, at least people are being honest -- instead of just harboring it silently.

If you're got prejudice and you know it clap your hands. If you've got prejudice and you know it clap your hands. If you've got prejudice and you know it, then you really ought to show it...if you've got prejudice in your heart then clap your hands...

That's not supposed to be a real song, but looking around these days, it sadly easily could be.

As to this mayor being Muslim and his distaste for scantily clad women? Wouldn't other religions also look down upon this as being indecent? I think it's quite convenient to harp on him because he happens to be Muslim.

He's going to suffer from Obama-syndrome. Everything he does will be blamed on his Muslim faith. He eats pork, he's a bad Muslim. He doesn't eat pork, he's a bad Brit.

The guy cannot win.
edit on 14-6-2016 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Foxnews.com

End of discussion!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join