It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter in Wal-Mart, Amarillo?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: network dude

Just want to highlight a couple of points

Liberal gun advocates always make these points.

1. A gun is just a tool, its like a knife, a car ect its the person that has the problem.

2. you dont own a gun you dont understand.

3. its just my right.

4. its a mental health issue.

All four points are muted by one very clear fact.

America has the most liberal gun laws in the western world and has the highest number of these horrible mass shootings.

As such in my view if you are defending these very relaxed gun laws you are essentially saying I dont care how many of my fellow country men die so long as i can own a big fat shiny gun.

To pretend otherwise is to lie to yourself.

Here is a mental exercise for you. IN the UK, you can have a shotgun. A Shotgun can kill people. How is that different than having a gun in the US? Do the guns in the US kill more efficiently? Could you not go out to a mall in London, pull out a shotgun from under your coat and start shooting everyone you see? Who would stop you? could you keep shooting until you ran out of shells?

Be honest, is this possible? If so, then please explain the difference.

If i own a shot gun I go through so many checks its unreal.

My neighbour used to own one the police used to come round and inspect everything make sure it was locked up securely and so on.

if he was to have went on some rampage with it he might have killed say a dozen or so folks at the most if he had a AR-15 with a couple of spear mags then we are looking at 50 or so deaths.

Also when was there last a mass shooting in the UK?

lucky if we get one every two years, you guys almost seem to get that many a week.

LOL, you walked right into it. EXACTLY the point. you can still have guns, yet you don't have as many shootings. SO something is different over there. Lets see, do you have the population the US does? nope. Do you have a third world nation to the south of you protected by a creek? nope. Do you have a completely failed mental health system? nope. WOW, it seems there are a lot of differences in our two countries. Perhaps it might take a bit more than just blaming the guns for all the violence. Perhaps it's more in depth.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

THIS!

if we werent required to conceal carry, if we could open carry, everywhere... if only

people complain about the 2nd all the time when shootings happen. if "badguys" know everyone is armed they will be far less likely to shoot a place up.

edit on 14-6-2016 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2016 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
unconrfirmed reports via scanner the suspect was named Mohammed Khalid.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why do they sell cars that go over the speed limit?

Why the (snip) do you think that is a valid reason own a small arsenal of weapons?

Pretty much the most moronic argument you can make for more gun control is to say "ahhh what about cars"?

....Liberal, or not. A right is a right. The real problem is how you choose to use that right.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

RIGHT GUYS!!!!

I am bowing out of this one right now!

I have to go watch Portugal beating iceland.

As always, congratulations or your right to kill each other hard at work once again!

Have fun, enjoy the match.

Ahh, nothing like a good football match and a few pints. Might even scrap it up with some of the lads afterwards.

www.theguardian.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

oddculture.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

OMG, what a horrible and violent culture. Shame on your society. I'm tired of seeing all this football violence, it's ridiculous. It's a problem that needs to be fixed, and I place the blame on society for facilitating the events.

I think it's time that this be curbed. They should ban or severely restrict this, all matches should be done indoors, with NO fans present. Viewing can be done by television only.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

European soccer games almost always end in some kind of violence. The drunks in my local club district are significantly more well behaved than the soccer fans of Europe.

This incident was solved Texas style, with the perp dead and no innocent casualties.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Been to many "soccer" games in Europe have u?? The violence in France is not the norm

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: billygentry
I work just about a mile from that Walmart. I occasionally go there at lunch. The story right now is no shots were initially fired. The suspect was an ex-employee that took the manager and another worker hostage and barricaded themselves in the bathroom. Standoff didn't last long. There is a fairly strong Somali presence in that area as well.

Thanks for the update. I think this is the latest:

SWAT team kills suspect who took hostages at Amarillo, Texas Walmart, investigators say

"We do consider this a work-place violence situation at this point," the sheriff's office said. One store employee told KFDA the gunman earlier released a worker and the store manager but was still inside the Walmart.

Police said they were looking for a Somali man wearing khaki pants, KFDA added.

Apparently there were two? One that's dead and one they're still looking for? Or am I misreading this? I saw the name "Mohammed Khalid" mentioned as the perp or one of the perps. Not sure about that.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
unconrfirmed reports via scanner the suspect was named Mohammed Khalid.

Mohammed? Sounds Irish.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sounds like another one has been "activated".

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What are we seeing now?

Is this a domino effect?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dizrael
a reply to: SonOfThor

THIS!

if we werent required to conceal carry, if we could open carry, everywhere... if only

people complain about the 2nd all the time when shootings happen. if "badguys" know everyone is armed they will be far less likely to shoot a place up.

That's why in certain parts of this country, these el-creepos don't try this stuff. Mainstream law-abiding salt-of-the-earth Americans that conceal carry should be all over the place, everywhere.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like another one has been "activated".

I was recently activated.

I saw one to many trigger words. My programming kicked in and I was brought online, here. I think it is customary to use a few of these:
When ending?

edit on 14-6-2016 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Wasn't talking about any Members.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Be careful you might melt some special snowflakes that post here

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Here's an phenomenon I continue to observe. No matter which website it is, be it small town newspaper comment section or a site like ATS. It takes only a few minutes before the conversation steers away from whatever human beings were affected by the tragedy at hand(pick any school/ workplace/ shooting over the past few years, there's a bunch to choose from), and without fail the conversation will steer itself around to guns, either denouncing or worshipping.

There are two horrifying things to observe here: first these things keep happening and escalating, and number two no matter how horrific the tragedy eventually all anyone wants to fight and talk about anymore are guns..

I ask myself, what does this all mean ?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Some can't understand the full aspect of how things work in America because they are from other countries with completely different views, laws, limitations etc..
Take it with a grain of salt!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist
Just like the off duty cop in Garland - dropped the two ISIS supporters before they could take any innocent lives with two headshots from his Glock. Kudos to these officers that didn't hesitate to drop this guy.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

a reply to: Irishhaf

How about instead of saying how bad we are for wanting to keep our rights... you explain what law would stop a crazy person from killing people?

emmm.....

How about laws that make it harder for the crazy guys to get guns?

What about limiting the number of guns and ammunition one can own?

reinstating the "assault weapons ban"?

I can think of quite a few.

But not please keep your guns, lets just let all those people die rather than changing the law.

The guy was a licensed armed security guard, who worked for a contracting company that handles DHS contracts... he was investigated twice by the FBI... nobody found anything that allowed them to arrest him...(he was investigated more than most average military members) so what law could have prevented Orlando?

A law that says you may own only one hand gun and no more than 40 rounds of ammunition. This gun must only be used to protect your home and family and must never be carried in public.

DONE!

He did not need to own a AR-15

40 rounds with a handgun that is "not allowed" to be taken into public can kill 40 people in public. In fact. a car can easily kill 5-20 people if taken to a crowded area. And that's just as easy as getting a gun. Bombs are a little less easy to learn to make, but people can make those out of stuff at home depot. How about the mass knife stabbing in China? If guns aren't available, it may curtail some, but many will find another way and we won't have anything to defend ourselves.

If there were 3 people with firearms in that nightclub, the death toll could have been reduced by some 80% most likely. It's not a pretty world. Disarming the whole population in an errant attempt to keep psycho people from having guns will not make us safer. Other methods will be used. And let's not forget about Mexico. For 50 years our government couldn't keep Mexican drugs out of every state. How do you think that criminals won't just purchase black market firearms?? And how about this guy in Orlando.. he worked for a security company, which means he would have access to firearms even if all the rest of us were banned.

The logic just doesn't add up. None of us want this to happen, but you have to think through all the angles of this and set aside emotion for a minute.

How about France? Very strict gun laws, yet 2 mass shooting terrorist massacres in recent years. (Hebdo and Paris) Belgium, very strict gun laws. The culprits still got guns. I'd rather at least have a chance defending myself than relying on police, who only get to these things after the fact. They can't save you in this kind of situation.
edit on 14-6-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You have the inherent right to defend yourself by the nature of your very humanity as do i, that is not different because we life in a different nation. Your right to defend yourself does not mean you also have a inherent right to own a small arsenal of weapons.

Yes, it does. Thanks, bye.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join