It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter in Wal-Mart, Amarillo?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

If that's really the case then why are Americans getting upset over these mass killings?
You want your 2nd amendment then accept the deaths that are caused by it and stop getting upset over needless deaths.

In fact should I go into every mass death thread and congratulate you all because that's your 2nd amendment at work.

Lets face it, if those 50 dead this weekend had exercised their 2nd amendment rights we wouldn't be having these conversations. Those silly people going out and enjoying themselves without exercising their 2nd amendments, well that's what gets you dead in America.

link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

By far the most dangerous weapon statistically is hand guns not AR15's

link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

People intent on killing though.. are going to find a way.. I guarantee if you think on it for just a little bit you can come up with a couple ways to do more damage and not use a gun.

So true.

But in most developed countries we realised a long time ago that giving these people the tools to do the job was pretty darn stupid so we have harsh restrictions on who can own tools of death (guns).

Other nations do not have this problem and the only difference is the liberal ownership of firearms yet we still have people who are intent on killing
edit on 14-6-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   
I work just about a mile from that Walmart. I occasionally go there at lunch. The story right now is no shots were initially fired. The suspect was an ex-employee that took the manager and another worker hostage and barricaded themselves in the bathroom. Standoff didn't last long. There is a fairly strong Somali presence in that area as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I find it ironic to have a Brit of all people denigrating a whole society because we have more freedom than you. After all, a lot of the problems in the middle east and other 3rd world countries relates distinctly back to British colonialism and chopping up different parts of the world with made up borders to suit your colonial needs.

Might want to get off that high horse of yours and come up with some kind of factual argument. There are hundreds of millions of guns in this country that are never used in a crime. Your ignorance of facts is blatant. But go ahead, keep telling other countries how to live their lives, you'll fit right in with your country's historical record.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So what about people that need to hunt to keep food on the table year round? It is still a problem in large sections of the USA... 40 rounds probably wouldnt make it for those families. (also I know people that hunt with their AR)

Remember there are 330+ million people, and 9.857 million square KM's in the US, thats lots and lots of space without real job opportunities.

Also question... you just want the AR gone.. or all semi auto's?

Fair enough you need to hunt, get a bolt action hunting rifle with a separate licence.

Looks guys face it

There is no need for you to own these high powered weapons, sure there will be some (like in the UK) who have a specific need to own a particular type of weapon but this idea of "call of duty" guns for everyone is utter madness

I don't have the answers its your society who has the problem not mine.

I take it you have never been CHARGED by a wild animal huh? You need the extra ammo if you miss and don t have time to rechamber.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

we have a limited version of the 2nd. if all willing and responsible people were allowed to always carry that shooter would've been one of the very few bodies found.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Oh, you mean like France, where an officer responded to an active shooter while unarmed... yeah that is working well for you people isn't it?

link   

You've been brought up to feel that way, I can't blame you for it but you've massively misunderstood what I said.

"you are from the UK we are better than you as such you can never understand" - I never said we were better, just pointing out the difference. You may live a full and free life for your culture, for what you were raised to believe is a full and free life, but you understand that isn't the same for everyone.

I don't know anyone who walks around in fear of getting their head blown off, Certainly don't so at least there we have some common ground. Neither of us fear our heads being blown off.

As for madness...well...my cats and dogs still aren't marrying one another so I don't think we're quite there yet.

link   
You can put as many restrictions on the ability for mentally unstable to get weapons and they will still kill.
You just have to accept mass shootings are part of your culture. I'm just glad I will never live in a culture like that.

link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

By far the most dangerous weapon statistically is hand guns not AR15's

You can throw the Police hand guns into the statistics as well in killing innocent as well as bad persons

edit on 14-6-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

link   
Right now, everybody's nerves are on edge. We know there are sleepers. We know there are copycats. We know there are mentally disturbed people. We also know there is an agenda at work.

So every little thing is going to be hyperbolized on the news. Get ready! There's only six months left.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Oh, you mean like France, where an officer responded to an active shooter while unarmed... yeah that is working well for you people isn't it?

that was on isolated isolated incident in France.

This happens every week in America.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
RIGHT GUYS!!!!

I am bowing out of this one right now!

I have to go watch Portugal beating iceland.

As always, congratulations or your right to kill each other hard at work once again!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

France has 66 million people. US has 380,000,000 counting all the illegals here. Yeah, it's going to happen more often.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

No it doesn't - the big problem here that skews our gun crime numbers is gang violence with handguns (usually illegally owned / stolen) related to the illicit drug and sex trade. Most of that crime occurs in cities with strict gun control like LA, Chicago, and Baltimore.

You realize that almost all Swiss citizens own military grade rifles, are allowed to carry them in public at times, yet for some reason you feel it necessary to bemoan and shout down to the law abiding gun owners in my country.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
a reply to: yuppa

If that's really the case then why are Americans getting upset over these mass killings?
You want your 2nd amendment then accept the deaths that are caused by it and stop getting upset over needless deaths.

In fact should I go into every mass death thread and congratulate you all because that's your 2nd amendment at work.

Lets face it, if those 50 dead this weekend had exercised their 2nd amendment rights we wouldn't be having these conversations. Those silly people going out and enjoying themselves without exercising their 2nd amendments, well that's what gets you dead in America.

people are upset over the government allowing people of that mindset to run free. And Althought we are upset we still do nto want to give up our rights because to do so lets the evil people win. remember all mass killings started by banning all guns. thats a fact there.

I think you dont die before your time myself so Im not upset people died. Im angry peopel blame a OBJECT instead of the man using it. Ive said it before. dont car e how many die if it abridges the second the price is too high.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Every week? it happens every day in Chicago and they have strict gun laws. Guess what? People still get shot there all the time. Chicago constantly has "43 Dead Over Weekend" as a headline on the newspaper and it's almost all gang violence with illegally owned guns.

The guns are here already. What do you suggest we go door to door and take them, then go to the middle of the town and burn them all in a big fire? I've seen that show before - Squid Stewies always attack shortly afterwards...

EDIT: Well Coin ran off but maybe he'll see this later....Hi future Coin

edit on 14-6-2016 by Bennyzilla because: Coin dun gone

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So what about people that need to hunt to keep food on the table year round? It is still a problem in large sections of the USA... 40 rounds probably wouldnt make it for those families. (also I know people that hunt with their AR)

Remember there are 330+ million people, and 9.857 million square KM's in the US, thats lots and lots of space without real job opportunities.

Also question... you just want the AR gone.. or all semi auto's?

Fair enough you need to hunt, get a bolt action hunting rifle with a separate licence.

Looks guys face it

There is no need for you to own these high powered weapons, sure there will be some (like in the UK) who have a specific need to own a particular type of weapon but this idea of "call of duty" guns for everyone is utter madness

I don't have the answers its your society who has the problem not mine.

The reason was already determined and spelled out in the Constitution. Second only in importance to the creators of this country to Free Speech.

Nothing to do with hunting. Specifically for defense, including against an unruly government such as the one they had just killed and died to gain independence from.

This is just how it is and will continue to be here.

You need not understand, condone, or agree with it.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

France has 66 million people. US has 380,000,000 counting all the illegals here. Yeah, it's going to happen more often.

ohhhh ok then just before i go.

in the EU there are over half a billion people (of which France is part of).

Again a story like this is very very rare in the entirety of the EU so that kind of destroys that point.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join