It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter in Wal-Mart, Amarillo?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't think you're a moron or trolling for your comments in this thread, I just think your anger towards an object and not the person using it are misguided.

I am not angry at the object used to kill.

I am angry at the person who killed and I am angry at the society who make it so easy to own the weapons that allow those evil people to go out and kill for what i see as very selfish reasons.

the man could had just used tannerite bombs which is easily available. You people in the UK dont get it and never will. People died for that amendment right and will continue to do so. We dont car if its one or a thousnd or even a million dead the rights in the constitution will be protected.

Is that harsh? yes. Reality is hard. we do not want what you have.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Why do they sell cars that go over the speed limit?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't care how law abiding of a citizen you may be... We live in very stressful times, and with added stress out there constantly piling, everyone is capable of "snapping", and when that law abiding citizen finally "snaps" he has a arsenal of weapons (some AR-15s) he COULD use... I know most people are responsible and "law abiding" with their weapons, but with millions of firearms out there, and with millions of citizens owning weapons, doesn't it worry you about that small .01% of people with guns who are capable of events like these? Say 1 million households have firearms (and that's conservatively low, im sure), now lets conservatively estimate 1% of those with firearms are a little unstable, maybe a few screws loose. That's a crap load of possible massacres just waiting to happen out there... I've never fired a gun, I've lived in dangerous cities my whole life and never felt the need to carry or own, but I guess everyone has their reasons.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

a reply to: Irishhaf

How about instead of saying how bad we are for wanting to keep our rights... you explain what law would stop a crazy person from killing people?

emmm.....

How about laws that make it harder for the crazy guys to get guns?

What about limiting the number of guns and ammunition one can own?

reinstating the "assault weapons ban"?

I can think of quite a few.

But not please keep your guns, lets just let all those people die rather than changing the law.

The guy was a licensed armed security guard, who worked for a contracting company that handles DHS contracts... he was investigated twice by the FBI... nobody found anything that allowed them to arrest him...(he was investigated more than most average military members) so what law could have prevented Orlando?

A law that says you may own only one hand gun and no more than 40 rounds of ammunition. This gun must only be used to protect your home and family and must never be carried in public.

DONE!

He did not need to own a AR-15

Thats abridging the second there. it does not state a limit on how many weapons you can own.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just want to highlight a couple of points

Liberal gun advocates always make these points.

1. A gun is just a tool, its like a knife, a car ect its the person that has the problem.

2. you dont own a gun you dont understand.

3. its just my right.

4. its a mental health issue.

All four points are muted by one very clear fact.

America has the most liberal gun laws in the western world and has the highest number of these horrible mass shootings.

As such in my view if you are defending these very relaxed gun laws you are essentially saying I dont care how many of my fellow country men die so long as i can own a big fat shiny gun.

To pretend otherwise is to lie to yourself.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So what about people that need to hunt to keep food on the table year round? It is still a problem in large sections of the USA... 40 rounds probably wouldnt make it for those families. (also I know people that hunt with their AR)

Remember there are 330+ million people, and 9.857 million square KM's in the US, thats lots and lots of space without real job opportunities.

Also question... you just want the AR gone.. or all semi auto's?

link   
a reply to: yuppa

Actually since 1968 more have died in gun violence and suicides than all your wars combined but hey you gotta crack a few omelettes to make an egg dont ya.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Why do they sell cars that go over the speed limit?

Why the (snip) do you think that is a valid reason own a small arsenal of weapons?

Pretty much the most moronic argument you can make for more gun control is to say "ahhh what about cars"?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I wouldnt interfere with their precious second amendment rights buy any damn gun you want anytime 24-7-365 but Id make them jump through plenty of hoops to get ammunition

link   

1. A gun is just a tool, its like a knife, a car ect its the person that has the problem.

3. its just my right.

America has the most liberal gun laws in the western world and has the highest number of these horrible mass shootings.

As such in my view if you are defending these very relaxed gun laws you are essentially saying I dont care how many of my fellow country men die so long as i can own a big fat shiny gun.

Here is a mental exercise for you. IN the UK, you can have a shotgun. A Shotgun can kill people. How is that different than having a gun in the US? Do the guns in the US kill more efficiently? Could you not go out to a mall in London, pull out a shotgun from under your coat and start shooting everyone you see? Who would stop you? could you keep shooting until you ran out of shells?

Be honest, is this possible? If so, then please explain the difference.

link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So what about people that need to hunt to keep food on the table year round? It is still a problem in large sections of the USA... 40 rounds probably wouldnt make it for those families. (also I know people that hunt with their AR)

Remember there are 330+ million people, and 9.857 million square KM's in the US, thats lots and lots of space without real job opportunities.

Also question... you just want the AR gone.. or all semi auto's?

Fair enough you need to hunt, get a bolt action hunting rifle with a separate licence.

Looks guys face it

There is no need for you to own these high powered weapons, sure there will be some (like in the UK) who have a specific need to own a particular type of weapon but this idea of "call of duty" guns for everyone is utter madness

I don't have the answers its your society who has the problem not mine.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Cars vs guns argument = yawn

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
And here we go again... Everyone keeps feeding into the people from overseas and fueling the fire. Just ignore their comments as their opinion is irrelevant as they are not citizens of our country and will never understand our freedoms and way of life. Simple as that doesnt need to be insulting or argumentative.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

3. its just my right.

Here is a mental exercise for you. IN the UK, you can have a shotgun. A Shotgun can kill people. How is that different than having a gun in the US? Do the guns in the US kill more efficiently? Could you not go out to a mall in London, pull out a shotgun from under your coat and start shooting everyone you see? Who would stop you? could you keep shooting until you ran out of shells?

Be honest, is this possible? If so, then please explain the difference.

If i own a shot gun I go through so many checks its unreal.

My neighbour used to own one the police used to come round and inspect everything make sure it was locked up securely and so on.

if he was to have went on some rampage with it he might have killed say a dozen or so folks at the most if he had a AR-15 with a couple of spear mags then we are looking at 50 or so deaths.

Also when was there last a mass shooting in the UK?

lucky if we get one every two years, you guys almost seem to get that many a week.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
dp
edit on 14-6-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You know the reality of it is that you grew up in a society that at it's core is based on subjugation. Whether it be to a King, Queen, or Prime Minister you folks across the pond have always had a hard time thinking of yourselves as more than Serfs.

We may be stupid slaves here in America, but at least we don't act like we like/deserve it. We know we have inherent rights and rain or shine there they still are. You may not be able to grasp the importance of it, but I have a feeling some day you will.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

People intent on killing though.. are going to find a way.. I guarantee if you think on it for just a little bit you can come up with a couple ways to do more damage and not use a gun.

So we still are not addressing the actual problems... education... the fact that people can still be talked into killing themselves for someone else's cause screams to a hole in their education. (IMO) Or their family life... lack of a masculine or feminine influence so they are more easily lead into a radical way of thinking.

I am actually open to the idea of targeted Gun control.. the problem is Congress rarely passes specific legislation, they like to keep it really vague so they can either abuse it later on... or they can twist it to meet whatever need they have in the coming election year.

I am adamant about this because once we let the fed rip apart 1 right... we all know the governments of the world dont stop with taking an inch.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

You know the reality of it is that you grew up in a society that at it's core is based on subjugation. Whether it be to a King, Queen, or Prime Minister you folks across the pond have always had a hard time thinking of yourselves as more than Serfs.

We may be stupid slaves here in America, but at least we don't act like we like/deserve it. We know we have inherent rights and rain or shine there they still are. You may not be able to grasp the importance of it, but I have a feeling some day you will.

Really so bascially what you should have wrote was

"you are from the UK we are better than you as such you can never understand"

Please note I am not subjugated in anyway and life a full and free life

I also live with out the fear that if i go out to a cinema I will not have my head blown off

It seriously twisted that you think "freedom" means you can own high powered guns, that is not freedom, it is madness.

You have the inherent right to defend yourself by the nature of your very humanity as do i, that is not different because we life in a different nation. Your right to defend yourself does not mean you also have a inherent right to own a small arsenal of weapons.
edit on 14-6-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The AR-15 is not a big bad powerful weapon. It's just a tricked out semi-auto rifle that looks like a military rifle.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: yuppa

Actually since 1968 more have died in gun violence and suicides than all your wars combined but hey you gotta crack a few omelettes to make an egg dont ya.

Worldwide yes,but in the US? not so much. If it was as high as you claim then the murder rate woudnt be DROPPING would it? Try again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join