It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter in Wal-Mart, Amarillo?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Oh good he's down!

link   
a reply to: yuppa

So its Obama's fault? Its getting exhaustive to keep up with everything that's 'Obamas fault'

link   
While I agree with the idea that anyone who would shoot up a public place probably isn't in the right mind at the time, it's disingenuous to promote the idea that people who suffer from mental health issues are dangerous. In fact they are more often the victims of violence than the perpetrators.

Facts about Mental Illness

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

No your country is never going to resolve this issue

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't think you're a moron or trolling for your comments in this thread, I just think your anger towards an object and not the person using it are misguided.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

How about instead of saying how bad we are for wanting to keep our rights... you explain what law would stop a crazy person from killing people?

emmm.....

How about laws that make it harder for the crazy guys to get guns?

What about limiting the number of guns and ammunition one can own?

reinstating the "assault weapons ban"?

I can think of quite a few.

But not please keep your guns, lets just let all those people die rather than changing the law.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Being an American I fully support the right to bear arms. But, you're right, there is a problem with people being able to acquire weapons of mass destruction (in relation to guns) who have disorders. Does the average Joe need an assault rifle for defense? Only if they're fighting an invading army. I'm all for freedom but we have a problem here. These mass shootings are a cancer on American society and it isn't at all being treated. Instead, people bicker of gun control but never look for real solutions and so the cycle of death continues.

Hell, even with our background checks, watch lists, and Big Brother spying these attacks still seem to happen. The Orlando shooter was on a terrorist watch list yet was still able to buy guns. That's a problem that will be addressed immediately, or at least it better and damn anyone who stands in its way.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: yuppa

So its Obama's fault? Its getting exhaustive to keep up with everything that's 'Obamas fault'

This pattern happenned when clinton was in office as well btw. Expecially in California. Its th e powers that bes fault obamas just th e current figurehead.

link   
It's sad, but I've been desensitized by events and things like this... Being from Chicago, I've seen/heard my fair share of things, but I'm now at a place where nothing even remotely surprises me any more... What would surprise me would be peace and respect being shared/given around, but that's a utopic type pipe dream to have, unfortunately...

link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

I don't think you're a moron or trolling for your comments in this thread, I just think your anger towards an object and not the person using it are misguided.

I am not angry at the object used to kill.

I am angry at the person who killed and I am angry at the society who make it so easy to own the weapons that allow those evil people to go out and kill for what i see as very selfish reasons.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mirdaerys
While I agree with the idea that anyone who would shoot up a public place probably isn't in the right mind at the time, it's disingenuous to promote the idea that people who suffer from mental health issues are dangerous. In fact they are more often the victims of violence than the perpetrators.

Facts about Mental Illness

People with mental health issues are potentially more dangerous, more loving, more empathetic, more psychopathic, more...everything. It is disingenuous to suggest people disregard this, too.

link   

originally posted by: Swills

Being an American I fully support the right to bear arms. But, you're right, there is a problem with people being able to acquire weapons of mass destruction (in relation to guns) who have disorders. Does the average Joe need an assault rifle for defense? Only if they're fighting an invading army. I'm all for freedom but we have a problem here. These mass shootings are a cancer on American society and it isn't at all being treated. Instead, people bicker of gun control but never look for real solutions and so the cycle of death continues.

Hell, even with our background checks, watch lists, and Big Brother spying these attacks still seem to happen. The Orlando shooter was on a terrorist watch list yet was still able to buy guns. That's a problem that will be addressed immediately, or at least it better and damn anyone who stands in its way.

Pretty much agree, I think the right to defend your home and family with a hand gun is a good thing, I would not ban all guns.

But why do people need to own AR-15's and have a small arsenal in their home?

link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Then what? A number of people would be diagnosed, medicated and/or put away in places outside of society?

What? Jesus, what goes through your head? No, what I want is for all Americans to have access to a mental health doctor so they can be treated, talk, and have someone to listen to them. Instead of, you know, having no medication or support and go off on a killing spree?

What's the one thing all these mass shootings have in common, besides guns? Mental health disorders. America is sick, both physically and mentally, and I would like that to change. You have a problem with that?

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

How about instead of saying how bad we are for wanting to keep our rights... you explain what law would stop a crazy person from killing people?

emmm.....

But not please keep your guns, lets just let all those people die rather than changing the law.

The guy was a licensed armed security guard, who worked for a contracting company that handles DHS contracts... he was investigated twice by the FBI... nobody found anything that allowed them to arrest him...(he was investigated more than most average military members) so what law could have prevented Orlando?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: MisterSpock

No your country is never going to resolve this issue

Violence exists everywhere, from the very beginning of the human race we have been killing each other. It is neither the fault of a inanimate object nor is it restricted to a specific geographical region or group of people.

Please refrain from repeating generic memes regarding these situations and attempt to fully grasp the reality of what is going on.

This is just a fact of life, and of our race.

link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: tigertatzen

Oh I'm not doubting the event is real. What I'm saying is if you want real time information best to get it from the source, the police scanner, instead of reporters and news anchors.

Oh sorry lol...I actually doubted it myself until I saw the tweet. That's a little too close for comfort...I'm in Texas too.

link   

Have you ever bought a gun? Owned one?

I have so many questions id like to ask to try to understand your line of thinking. At the end of the day if your from the UK for real then I'd be willing to bet our differences in opinion are due to our country's different cultures.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Did anyone else just get that name for the Green Avalon they are saying it tied in....."Mohammed"

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

emmm.....

So you don't think that looking into why someone might want to pick up a gun and kill others is worth while? Just make guns harder to get? I get that it's upsetting, and I get that you being from somewhere other than the US you don't understand this place. But take a bit to understand the whole problem. knee jerk reactions won't help anyone or anything in the long run.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

emmm.....

The guy was a licensed armed security guard, who worked for a contracting company that handles DHS contracts... he was investigated twice by the FBI... nobody found anything that allowed them to arrest him...(he was investigated more than most average military members) so what law could have prevented Orlando?

A law that says you may own only one hand gun and no more than 40 rounds of ammunition. This gun must only be used to protect your home and family and must never be carried in public.

DONE!

He did not need to own a AR-15

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join