It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter in Wal-Mart, Amarillo?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Oh I'm not doubting the event is real. What I'm saying is if you want real time information best to get it from the source, the police scanner, instead of reporters and news anchors.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: tigertatzen

Oh I'm not doubting the event is real. What I'm saying is if you want real time information best to get it from the source, the police scanner, instead of reporters and news anchors.

I just linked the scanner.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
www.broadcastify.com...

POLICE SCANNERE HERE

Thank you!

Also this, from the scanner page. I almost missed it.

Hostage situation happening now at local Amarillo Walmart at Georgia and i27. Suspect is former Walmart employee.

SWAT making entry

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This has nothing to do with guns, it could have been a knife, bomb, car, baseball bat or whatever.

Violence is the problem, not the tool. Please reach a higher level of intelligence before it's too late. Repeated quips regarding "gun violence" are never going to solve any of our problems.
edit on 14-6-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Scanner is def the best way to go.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah things get pretty jacked up when the events first happen.

I don't get why people think it's a conspiracy, you have all these people who are prone to human error communicating in a giant cluster.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Shooter might be down via Reddit live feed.

Scanner just said food is being dropped off. I think this is done.
edit on 14-6-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So you're saying Muslim extremist, any religious extremist, doesn't have mental health issues? So they're normal?

Also this, suspect is a former Walmart employee.

I'll have to google Patrick Star.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Don't worry guys!

As long as Americans can all keep their guns its ok...... because in America, freedom means being able to go out buy a high powered semi-auto and indiscriminately kill innocent people.

Seriously it is sickening how many people willingly sacrifice the lives of others over stricter gun laws.

what state do you live in?

link   
Somali man? Hope not.

Still no injuries and 95% cleared.
edit on 1420160620161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

link   
Arabic writing, here we go....

link   
a reply to: Swills

Something is very wrong and clearly it's not being worked on. Mental health issues comes to mind. If only all citizens had access to a mental health physician...

I agree that mental health issues does play a part in mass shooting incidents.

However do you not agree that a bigger factor is the easy availability of guns and that as such while yes more needs to be done to help those with mental health conditions more also has to be done to make it harder to own a gun.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

This has nothing to do with guns, it could have been a knife, bomb, car, baseball bat or whatever.

Violence is the problem, not the tool. Please reach a higher level of intelligence before it's too late. Repeated quips regarding "gun violence" are never going to solve any of our problems.

I agree!

Unfortunately, there is an agenda at work here. Sit back. Watch. Listen. And know that there are people behind this agenda that do not have the American people's deepest interests at heart. We are getting played and we do not need to fall for it. Guard your 2A as if it were treasure, because it is, especially now.

link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
Arabic writing, here we go....

Meanwhile, ABC saying its a workplace issue

link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: mr-lizard
Something is very wrong and clearly it's not being worked on. Mental health issues comes to mind. If only all citizens had access to a mental health physician...

Then what? A number of people would be diagnosed, medicated and/or put away in places outside of society? You would want a website to go with that so everyone can check up on others' mental health and avoid those people?

Because not only would it be wrong to try and drug people up because of fear mongering (psychiatry suggesting many mental health issues are cause for possible violence), it would also cost the tax payers a lot of money (which goes to the pharmaceutical companies and mental health care professionals), but most of all a lot of people will go crazy just because they would be shut out of society based on a few words spoken by a psychiatrist even without physical evidence and some might go out on a killing spree because they have no chances anyway besides the anger, regardless of any mental issues.

The only long term solution is investing in education and try to prevent as much as possible, not only giving people coping mechanisms (like therapy) but also to recognize it so ("mentally sound") people don't have to rely on psychiatry as much as they do for security and treatment.

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

This exactly. Honestly to me it is bordering on baiting anymore with the never ending comments from certain posters. And yes it needs to be said, ignore i suppose would be the best action to put an end to it. The US is an entirely different country than any other and what works for 1 or 2 does not work across the board.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My how convenient. has anyone noticed but these things come in waves. Everytime obama calls for gun control a shooting occurs around that time. Its past suspicious.

link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Meanwhile, ABC saying its a workplace issue

Honestly that's my first thought. It sounds workplace-y

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Don't worry guys!

As long as Americans can all keep their guns its ok...... because in America, freedom means being able to go out buy a high powered semi-auto and indiscriminately kill innocent people.

Seriously it is sickening how many people willingly sacrifice the lives of others over stricter gun laws.

How about instead of saying how bad we are for wanting to keep our rights... you explain what law would stop a crazy person from killing people?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Violence is the problem, not the tool. Please reach a higher level of intelligence before it's too late.

Ahhh yes..... because anyone who thinks differently from you must be a total moron....

A different opinion does not equate to a lesser intelligence however in my view not being open to the views of others may indicate some intellectual deficits.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join