It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama responds to Trump, calls for assault weapon ban and more.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: GoShredAK

So, to sum it up, he doesn't use a phrase because he's afraid that it will hurt some people's feelings?

Apparently you didn't watch any of the speech? He doesn't use the phrase cuz its STUPID...Calling it "Radical Islamic Terrorism" does not prevent Orlando..

Not recognizing the dangers is what emboldens radical islamists to commit Paris, Brussels, San Bernadino, Orlando...

Oh...wow...Now I understand the terrorists! All they want is to be called "radical Islamic terrorists" and they will stop being emboldened!

Not sure how to be polite in the face of such ridiculousness...

No, the solution is to put a specific name to the problem, and then confront it directly and without apology.

In Obama's case he thinks he knows what the problem is and does not mince words. That doesn't mean he is correct... but I'm use to his ignorance by now.

Why be polite? I haven't noticed you trying, and attempts at rudeness doesn't bother me anyway. I'm not one to get triggered.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

This isnt Africa, and Christians arent murdering anyone here. But these Radical Islamist are murdering people here, and the root cause are the Leaders of this Religion. Instead of banning assault weapons, make it against the law to equate any religious talk that validates murder, against the law, and start throwing these nut jobs in jail so they can not breed another generation of violent Jihadist on American soil.

And these refugees and immigrants who are on the FBI radar, need to be vetted and deported if found to be breeding hate for America.

We cant control what happens in Africa, but we can control it in America.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Actually.

Us 'loony' Right wingers need to start acting like the 'sane' Left wingers.

Orlando was 'Muslim' violence.

Therefore we must END it.

Background checks for ALL of them.

$200 tax stamps on prayer rugs.

Waiting 6 months to make their prayers quieter.

And they can only say one word at a time when praying seven times a day.

After all it's only 'common sense'.

It's time for MUSLIM CONTROL!
edit on 14-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Idk, what I got out this is that Trump without even being president yet has made two ultra liberals capitulate to using an avoided term that has been verboten for quite a number of years. Sounds like a minor victory for the Trump Train to me.

It's a child's victory for Trump. He gets goose-bumps every time he is mentioned in the news and can squeal with joy that he made Pres. Obama say a stupid phrase, while not being enough of an adult to recognize that it was in the context of a very pointed and public tarring.

In other news...The most unlikable Democratic candidate to be nominated in a generation grows her lead in the polls every time Trump Speaks.

National poll: Clinton lead grows over Trump
www.politico.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

This isnt Africa, and Christians arent murdering anyone here.

Right..but if this was Africa..they would be.

Terrorism's roots are not in religion, but in hopelessness, oppression and psychopathy. All BS aside, the bible offers just enough opportunistic interpretation of violence that the koran does. These terrorists would be killing in the name of the Spaghetti monster if that was the predominate religion in the middle east. Wrap your mind solidly around that and THEN begin problem solving...whether it be bullets, bombs or political agenda.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Its the Christian Religion killing people in Africa, but here its just the Spaghetti Monster?

Regardless of who or what they are, they hate us, we dont want them here. We are tired of supporting them. Go home - problem solved. We dont need them, they need us, conform to our culture or go to a place where your culture and Religion work.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Personally I don't think neither Trump nor Clinton would have a problem putting a gun to the head of a common citizen and pulling the trigger, especially if they could get away with it. Neither gives a crap about you or me. In fact, none of the candidates that ran do.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

This isnt Africa, and Christians arent murdering anyone here. But these Radical Islamist are murdering people here, and the root cause are the Leaders of this Religion. Instead of banning assault weapons, make it against the law to equate any religious talk that validates murder, against the law, and start throwing these nut jobs in jail so they can not breed another generation of violent Jihadist on American soil.

And these refugees and immigrants who are on the FBI radar, need to be vetted and deported if found to be breeding hate for America.

does this also apply to all the right-wing hate speech???

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Didnt the security company have ties to the Govt? So, I read that the shooter was vetted by the Govt to use a weapon? If so, what good would a ban do anyway, if he worked for a Govt security firm in the first place????

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

We cant deport our own natural born citizens, but they can go to jail if they promote murder.
edit on 14-6-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Feel free to push that political TROLLING.

The Orlando TERRORIST was a registered democrat.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Personally I don't think neither Trump nor Clinton would have a problem putting a gun to the head of a common citizen and pulling the trigger, especially if they could get away with it. Neither gives a crap about you or me. In fact, none of the candidates that ran do.

Maybe...but between the two..the man-baby mad-king is by far much more dangerous to the republic. He's a wannabe tyrant itching to exercise personal vendetta's...for effs sake he is a freshly minted presidential nominee who immediately tried to use that position to intimidate and attack a federal judge to scuttle a personal lawsuit....and looked around bewildered wondering why people thought it was out of line. Whats the use of being a candidate for President if you can't crush a federal judge and scuttle a lawsuit???? He is the dimwitted arsonist who sets the apartment building on fire so he can be the first one to show up smiling with a bucket of water hoping to get on the news. Never the mad-king.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: jimmyx

Feel free to push that political TROLLING.

The Orlando TERRORIST was a registered democrat.

He was also gay..but mostly he was violently insane...It would be cool if the GOP/NRA didn't successfully lobby for folks like him to own guns.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Obama sounded 'defensive' to me.

well it's his fault things have gotten worse as far as I am concerned

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What a moron.

He states there is nothing magical about calling it what it is - islamic terrorsm.

He then goes on to say that using such rhetoric magically puts the US in more danger and not using it macically makes us safer.

Also, this muslim terrorist was not an American citizen. He formally pledged allegiance ro ISIS on public record, thus renoincing his US citizenship.

He was an enemy combatant.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

You own a religion?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
Because you are not supposed to think.

You are just supposed to follow the crumb trail they lie down for you, and dance to the music of the Pied Piper.

Ignore the flashing red neon lights, and the alarm bells, and just go back to sleep.

I think he has to know every time he talks about banning guns, gun sales go through the roof.

The way they have set things up, it looks like it could go either way.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Text

Text
a reply to: Annee

Nope, don't believe in religion. Religion is of man.
If that is what you're asking. How can owning a gun be a religion? That's just crazy.

edit on 14-6-2016 by Tarzan the apeman. because: I spell badly and my english aint so great either

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: Annee

Nope, don't believe in religion. Religion is of man.
If that is what you're asking.

The pic says gun "owners". That's what you're comparing to.

I'm atheist.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join