It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama responds to Trump, calls for assault weapon ban and more.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
originally posted by: [post=20854238]manuelram16
Read a little more on "Assault Weapons" a single type of Semi-Automatic Rifle...

en.wikipedia.org...

fixed

Explanation of Sarcasm: To say ban the AR-15 because it's black and looks like an Assault weapon... well there are hundreds of firearms in the same class, for example the Mini-14 which is way more popular than the AR-15 and till this day nobody wants to ban it.
edit on 14-6-2016 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is over Obama's head. He has proven he cant control the situation. What is his answer? A useless call to ban assault weapons or to call in the UN police force?

Lets start by closing the mosque that created this jihadist scum. Throw the imam in jail for his murderous stance against our citizens. Assign a police officer to monitor the sermons. Make it against the law to promote killing people from the pulpit. That is not freedom of speech, its a call to arms. Deport his Taliban loving parents back to Afganistan where he can become president, Put them in a fema camp if you have to. Stop Terrorism.

I will be so glad when this POS POTUS is finally out of the way, so real Americans can get the job done.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

And lets not forget, 3,000 people were killed on 911, and no one had a gun.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: misskat1

And lets not forget, 3,000 people were killed on 911, and no one had a gun.

Using liberal 'logic'.

That was a 'mass box cutter attack'.

Religion played 'no' role what so ever.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: GoShredAK

So, to sum it up, he doesn't use a phrase because he's afraid that it will hurt some people's feelings?

Apparently you didn't watch any of the speech? He doesn't use the phrase cuz its STUPID...Calling it "Radical Islamic Terrorism" does not prevent Orlando..

It's a stupid effen thing to go off about...But apparently calling it "Radical Islamic Terrorism" is Trumps brilliant solution for combating terrorists.

God help...Trump is a political retard.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Mmm, I don't think the Supremes are above anything. They pretty much make it up as they go and the court is split at the moment. When Hilary gets in she'll probably appoint a younger version of Saul Alinsky to the court and its game over for the Constitution.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

So, to sum it up, he doesn't use a phrase because he's afraid that it will hurt some people's feelings?

Apparently you didn't watch any of the speech? He doesn't use the phrase cuz its STUPID...Calling it "Radical Islamic Terrorism" does not prevent Orlando..

Not recognizing the dangers is what emboldens radical islamists to commit Paris, Brussels, San Bernadino, Orlando...

It's a stupid effen thing to go off about...But apparently calling it "Radical Islamic Terrorism" is Trumps brilliant solution for combating terrorists.

First you have to admit the problem, then you have to take steps. Obviously words don't stop the problem... but that doesn't keep Obama from talking.

God help...Trump is a political retard.

I'll take someone who is not worried about hurting people's feelings over a verbal coward any day of the week. Real adults are not hurt by mean words.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is touching on what is being covered elsewhere since at least yesterday online.

counterjihad.com...

Basically to make it short and sweet, this guy worked for a top security firm based in Florida, UK in origin ties to Blackwater Mercenaries and Cia, and DHS funding to the tune of 234 million!

Which means, OBAMA is directly responsible for his clearance level and access to weapons.

He worked for the man!

And in no way, shape or form, does any of this translate into, handing over the guns the US Citizens are going to need in order to defend themselves from both foreign agents, apparently connected to the rogue government, or the tryanny itself.

In fact, can't wait for President Trump to make a few calls, do a few diplomacy meetings and ensure that our PM, here in Canada and Europeans also become armed on high levels with non military advanced trainings, because WE ALL NEED THIS ASAP.

So obama, calling for any level of gun control in view of your connection to arming this felon, RIDICULOUS, and you have committed treason!

In fact, Consider this an Act Of War on the citizens by a rogue government.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Defends Islam and calls to reinstate the Assault weapons ban

Another case of Obama talking out of his snip.

Yes people DON'T judge all muslims by the actions of a few.

But by the will of ALLAH judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few.

We're ALL mass murders so IGNORE gun owners civil liberties,

And BAN something that wasn't even created when RADICAL ISLAM was in full swing.

They were using swords then.

EPIC FAIL de furher Obama.

what the hell are you talking about??? trump himself wants to ban all Muslims from entering the U.S......how is this NOT judging all Muslims by the actions of a few...it's his OWN WORDS that contradict your statement above...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Try AGAIN.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Pissed off by what exactly?

I am not going to jump on the false flag bandwagon, but there are enough holes in the media's story to make people sit up and notice.

The people on the outside said it was two or more people having a shoot out with the police.

The people on the inside said they heard shots inside the club coming from two different rooms. Mulitple witnesses have said it was 3 or more people involved, and one person holding the door to stop them from leaving. One said they heard him speak to someone by phone stating there was another person with him, they said it sounded like a girl's name, and the two of them had on bomb vests.

After the Paris shooting event. My job made us all do a mandatory class in Active Shooter Training. First thing in my mailbox today was a mandatory course that I had to complete yesterday, in Active Shooter training.

For an old broad like me, it was nothing but a commonsense refresher. Just for giggles, I asked my elderly mother what she would have done. You know what she said?
1. If I could, I would run like hell.
2. If I couldn't run I would try to hide some place they wouldn't find me.
3. If I couldn't run, and I couldn't hide, and I was going to die anyway, I would try to find something to fight him with. She said it was a bar. There had to be plenty of glasses and bottles close by, she said she would have been throwing them like she was trying to win a Kewpie doll at the carnival. She said, "If he let me get close enough, they wouldn't have any trouble identifying the bastard, because I would have his DNA all over me".

Guess what the name of the course was? Run, Hide, or Fight.

Now what has been the number one topic for the last month in the news and social media? The LGBT+ community has been used to rile up the world and demand change. Their voices have been ringing loud and clear.

Now let's have an attack on a LGBT+ establishment and watch them put these warriors to work demanding a ban on not just assault weapons, but all weapons.

I admit I am a bit cynical, but it looks pretty plain to me. It is pure predictive programing at its finest.

edit on 14-6-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Obama is correct...

We should stop the sale and production of assault weapons until we figure out what is happening....

The same rhetoric is being used to suggest banning Islam. Ban both or neither...both are equally unconstitutional.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

But it does put the right face on it.

Its Religion. Until we come to grips with the fact we are fighting a Religion, then we cant even target our enemy. And the Enemy is the Imams that are promoting murder of gays. That is the root of this evil, the Religious Leaders that are warping these idiots.
edit on 14-6-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Oh, no, I watched the video--well, at least 75% of it, anyhow. My comment was in response to what I thought I read on the PBS link, but I misread it. I thought that when it quoted:

“It makes Muslim-Americans feel like their government is betraying them. It betrays the very values America stands for,” he said.

...that the quote was discussing why he didn't use the term, not in reference to Trumps desire to halt immigration.

But as it stands, it's not "STUPID" to use it or not to use it--as with anything in life, if the shoe fits, it should be put on the foot. In this case, the "Islamic State In the Levant," or ISIL, claims to be motivated by Islamic teachings, so it would be fine to use it.

An "assault weapons" ban wouldn't have stopped this massacre, either, just like laws against murder and laws against legally carrying a weapon into a bar/night club don't stop this type of thing.

Honestly, not much will stop it, because there is always that minority of the human population hell bent on mass destruction of life for whatever reason they deem appropriate.

He could have easily done this damage with a semi-auto hunting rifle as well, or by double-fisting two semi-auto pistols.

There is plenty of stupid to go around in Obama's speech--using the term "Radical Islamic Terrorism" is the least of which.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
More political BS from both sides.

I like how Obama conveniently left out Timothy Mcveigh, Boston Marathon Bombing, and 911 from his examples which had nothing todo with guns.

Not to mention the O-town scumbag would have had access to a gun regardless of the assault weapons ban enacted , and criminals don't follow the law anyhow. The navy yard shooting was also another incident where a law wouldn't have helped.

Then he talks about the irrelevance of using labels, but then goes and talks about the importance of not using the label "radical Islam" ?
Not to mention since when does the term radical Islamic terrorist paint all muslims as terrorist? Just like radical Christians bombing a planned parenthood doesn't paint all christians are extremest?

I agree the term war is stupid but on both sides trying to politicizes to both their agendas.

Also IMO I think his emotions during this speech was more based on trump dishing him than what actually happened in O-Town.

The path to the fix is simple:
Get rid of conflict of interest and corruption in Washington and then maybe they will start to report the truth so we can start to tackle the real problems. We are chasing our tails and arguing the same problems for decades because our current political process is foremost to never letting a crisis go to waste.

Disgusting all around.
edit on 23630America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jun 2016 15:23:24 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27630America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jun 2016 15:27:59 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Indigo5

Not recognizing the dangers is what emboldens radical islamists to commit Paris, Brussels, San Bernadino, Orlando...

Oh...wow...Now I understand the terrorists! All they want is to be called "radical Islamic terrorists" and they will stop being emboldened!

Not sure how to be polite in the face of such ridiculousness...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

But it does put the right face on it.

Its Religion. Until we come to grips with the fact we are fighting a Religion, then we cant even target our enemy.

Holy crap no...We are not fighting a "religion"..for effs sake the LRA (Lords Resistance Army) in Africa is raping women and mutilating children in the name of Jesus Christ.

I don't care what "Religion" these eff-tards claim to follow in an attempt legitimize their sociopathic little fantasy land they want to establish..they are terrorists, murderers, rapists, enslavers of people...but they are not Islam, Christianity or any other "faith".

You can NEVER defeat a religion...but you sure can turn a rapist murderer into pink mist..

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So, um, let me get this straight. Trump (maybe the devil incarnate) has goaded Obama enough that for the first time ever has used the term Radical Islam.

And the solution to all this seems to be in the route of Ex Post Facto to just a little tiny part of the Constitution that might only affect the neighborhood of 40%-55% of the US population.

And the reason he hasn't said that term nor might consider not accepting refugees without extra scrutiny is because it might come close to being a trigger word to non citizens that have artificially been extended First Amendment protections.

Idk, what I got out this is that Trump without even being president yet has made two ultra liberals capitulate to using an avoided term that has been verboten for quite a number of years. Sounds like a minor victory for the Trump Train to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

In this case, the "Islamic State In the Levant," or ISIL, claims to be motivated by Islamic teachings, so it would be fine to use it.

I am of the mind that most of the Muslim world shares...In the Muslim world they call them "Daesch"....similar to the Arabic word for "sowers of discord," which are enemies of Islam or "bigoted oppressor"..

I have no interest in legitimizing the false religious justification that ISIL or "Daesch" claims..And frankly it boggles my mind that people would be so eager to assign them religious justification as they so desperately seek.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: jimmyx

Try AGAIN.

actually, I'm starting to enjoy the rantings of the lunatic right on ATS....it's like being in a KKK comedy club, where every comedian that "gets up on stage" tries to out-doofus each other.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join