It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India puts 18 lions on trial for murder, and the culprit may get a life zoo sentence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This has to be the most foolish story I've read in a while. Police in India have rounded up 18 Lions to find the culprit which ate a person. The lions are Asiatic lions, the only Lions in the world outside of Africa according to the article. They are an endangered species because there are only 400 of them left. The police will get their "Paw prints" while they have them in custody. Once the culprit is found, he will be transferred to a Zoo while the others are released into the wild.

Police have rounded up 18 male suspects wanted for the murder of three in Gujarat, an arid western Indian state. If one is found guilty, he will be sentenced to life in prison. Or, a kind of prison at least: a zoo. The suspects are all Asiatic lions. The species is endangered, and its population has dwindled as human settlements encroach on its remaining habitat. As that process speeds up, humans and lions are more likely to come into contact, leading to killings that go both ways. Approximately 400 Asiatic lions are left in the wild, and they are the only lion population outside of Africa. Wildlife officials in India say that Gir National Park, where almost all these lions live, can accommodate only 270 of them, leading some prides to venture outside its boundaries.

So, the Lion(s) aren't actually being put on trial but the culprit is getting locked up in a sense as he is put in a Zoo. "It's the big house for you, Lion!" So, now we're treating Lions like people and taking them to trial for being ...........A LION....? Next thing you know, people will start to try to sue them! Good luck getting your money back...! Lmao! I have to laugh at the ridiculousness! What says ATS?

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Considering where this is taking place, is it REALLY a stretch and/or surprising? (head shake, eyeroll, gigglesnort)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Well, considering that most man-eaters are hunted down and destroyed, I like this much better. Do you really want a lion who has developed a taste for human flesh running around your village? Let him hang at the zoo and participate in a breeding program for repopulation. Sounds OK to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This is pretty much normal for India, they try hard to give animals rights.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Well, when animals learn how to pay a mortgage, we can give them rights. Until then...........

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
So, the Lion(s) aren't actually being put on trial but the culprit is getting locked up in a sense as he is put in a Zoo. "It's the big house for you, Lion!" So, now we're treating Lions like people and taking them to trial for being ...........A LION....? Next thing you know, people will start to try to sue them! Good luck getting your money back...! Lmao! I have to laugh at the ridiculousness! What says ATS?

You were right the first time. They are gathering evidence to see which one is the man eater, and putting them into a zoo instead of killing them because they are so rare. I don't understand what is so hard to understand?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Let him hang at the zoo and participate in a breeding program for repopulation. Sounds OK to me.

ok lion prison sounds waaaaay better than human prison.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: Aazadan

Well, when animals learn how to pay a mortgage, we can give them rights. Until then...........

What's wrong with animal rights?

Also, you're talking about India, if I recall they granted personage to birds and dolphins alongside their views on cows and most other animals.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wow, super cool. Thats what most countries should do. Rather than shooting these animals, put them in zoos.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I am all for this.
They are NOT killing them for doing what a Lion does.

hmmmm? do this to humans to!

top topics

join