It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rather than gun bans, how about free gun safety courses?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Every time I have bought a firearm I had to undergo a NICS background check through a Federal Firearms Licensee / dealer. This guy had background checks even more extensive than that to be employed as an armed security guard. I'm not sure how much stronger one could make a background check than they already are?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Seriously. If I have to be armed to go 1/4 mile to the grocery store for milk, doesn't that sound like I live in some war-torn, 3rd world hell hole?

No, it sounds like you understand the reality of living in a society where not everyone is stable, and you're wiling to take on the burden of carrying a firearm to protect both yourself and other innocent people around you.

Also, if you knew anything about the mindset of an individual who carries a concealed weapon everyday, you'd know that the massive, MASSIVE majority of us hope that we NEVER have to use that firearm against another human being. Ever.

Your mentality is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Generally, people who call for more in-depth background checks don't understand, at all, what checks are currently in place.

I have a cousin who was moaning about accessibility to guns in America, and how every place needs to use a background-check system.

She literally had no idea that all dealers must use the FBI's system before issuing a firearm to anyone. Period.

Ignorance in the general public is astounding.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

thanks for the reply. I was thinking about all the people who ran out and bought guns in the last 7 years since every time a bad thing happens, Owbama screams about gun control, and the public runs out and buys more guns. SO there are quite possibly a lot of folks out there who without proper training, are accidents waiting to happen. I am actually surprised we don't hear about more accidental discharges than we have. But since I am not talking about removing guns from everyone, I must mean we all need to walk the streets with AK-47's strapped on. (Oh wait, that one has a wooden stock, so it's not scary)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No one is going to give up their guns. 300-400 million and no one is biting to this treasonous bafoon who thinks he is above the constitution and can bring in terrorists and then you give away your guns. UMMMM nope, nada, not going to happen.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
well considering we are a gun owner nation i think we should have universal conscription reinstated and mandatory gun lessons taught in school from an early age.
i mean revoking conscription was well intentioned but people forget why it originally existed in the first place and it existed to prevent the kind of separation between soldiers and civilians which leads to elitist thinking that causes abuse of power and corruption.

people forgot the responsibility towards their own rights and think in terms of how they feel or what they want rather than what they need to do to preserve their rights, they think their rights will always be preserved by nothing but words and their voice; they forget the universal truth of "to keep what you have you need power to back your words and actions" or it means nothing.

not only would it create a more unified nation but it would create better order which would improve education, reduce poverty and reduce police corruption and brutality, not only that but crime would drop to almost nothing and the biggest problem it would help is social anxiety and isolation which is the most common feature in almost every mass shooting.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
It should be mandatory.. it used to be mandatory... then people decided Guns were to blame and look what that line of thought has brought us to.

I agree.

Would cut down on the accidents and covers the" well regulated " of the 2nd people like to forget.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Forcefully sending people off to foreign wars that have no relevance to us defence like vietnam is not the answer.

And this generation is less gullible and is far more aware.
No way would you get enough conscrips to turn up for another vietnam fiasco.
You would not have enough prisons to house the draft dodgers.

Conscription= slavery

If you cant get enough soliders to fight a war you most likely shouldn't be fighting it in the first place!
edit on 14-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Works for me.

And maybe . . . free guns with them . . . at least for the first dozen signing up or some such.

Seems to me, wise city leaders would WANT less crime in their cities . . . unless they were at the top of the criminal heap, themselves, that is.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that gun safety should be tought in schools, along with a basic law class to teach kids their rights.
Sad thing is I think the gun safety classes are far more likely to happen.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join