It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Would you be willing to give up semi-automatic guns?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Now...hold up there. I heard an awful lot of semi-auto fire going back and forth, but at no point did I hear one gun, unloading a thirty round magazine in a handful of seconds. That has a distinctive rhythm, like a badass double kicking a bass drum like a pro. There was none of that in any of the audio on the videos for this incident.

There were lots of guns, making lots of noises at once, but no automatic fire from any one quarter that I can make out. I may not be a gunner myself (favour the silent steel myself, over lead) but I am a metal head, and I am PRIMED for beat structure. I am telling you flat and without question, that no automatic weapons are being deployed in any of the audio from that night. None.

Here's a video of roughly what the shooter had:

And here is a video of what you are concerned about, a machine gun essentially:

The shooter had the first, probably fired it faster because he was triggering the rifle more often, but he did not have the second, and from the sounds of the videos shot on scene, neither did anyone shooting back at him.

edit on 14-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Additional information

edit on 14-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Additional information again

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Wanna sell that M1?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Great post.... and I love to see the term 'clip' used properly!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Serious Question: Would you be willing to give up semi-automatic guns?

Shot answer, No!

Long answer, whether it be a so called "gun buy back" or buy force then, No! They will have a better chance at taking my 1st amendment than my 2nd.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
No.

You can't make me.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

you can legally own all the objects you mentioned ,tanks artillery grenades rpgs and even a missile launcher (good luck finding the last one) as far as i know if you get all the permits and tax stamps . you cant put weapons on an air craft though

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jupiter869
Would you be willing to give up using semi-automatic guns for entertainment purposes at a range (or anywhere else) if you knew giving it up meant the lives of 50 people would be saved? (or even one life?)

No.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jupiter869

Would you be willing to give up using semi-automatic guns for entertainment purposes at a range (or anywhere else) if you knew giving it up meant the lives of 50 people would be saved? (or even one life?)

I can tell you with up most confidence, if all guns were banned in the United States, this criminal would have still been able to get anything he wanted from the Gun Black Markets.

Criminals always find ways to arm themselves and no laws on the books are going to stop them period.

The Constitution hater's are like slimy slithering snakes waiting for an opportunity like this, to take away what little freedoms we have left. My "opinion" is, they are no different than criminal opportunist who dream of such opportunities.

Guns do not kill. Guns are a tool, people kill people using a tool Yet lame-stream properganda media wants everyone to believe that guns can walk, and shoot all by themselves.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Okay. I see. (Your son is a total cuteness).

I did go looking for a machine gun vid, and TrueBrit already had one, but I'm posting this anyway. I hate the sound of it, I hate the thought of what it is intended to do. I have no business on a gun thread. But I'm glad to have some clarification, so thank you guys.

One more question -- so the Orlando shooter -we think- then, was probably using something similar to what your son was shooting? Because the sound seemed similar to what I heard in the vids.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Some folks are saying this is what the shooter used. Anyway, I'm outta here. Enough gun talk for me!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The question isn't really logical. If I decided to give up guns, that wouldn't change a thing, except that I'd be less able to defend myself and my family. No lives could be saved by my action, and in fact, lives could be lost. I might be unable to save lives, by being unarmed, and thus unable to stop a criminal who intended harm. Plus, what if there is more than one bad guy? That is often the case. If several people decide to attack me and mine, I want as much ammo, and as rapid a fire (accuracy in mind) as possible.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

No. No more giving things up over anxious fears of death.

I dont trust ANY government. If not this one, anyone down the road may need to be removed. Seriously. Why has everyone started to pretend like we will NEVER NEED a revolution in humanity's future?

Has history proved such? Are we proving such now?

Then just drop it. No one is taking American guns. We die with them. Full stop

edit on 6 14 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
For me a gun is about protection and survival first and entertainment way down the list.

With that in mind I think you've set up everyone who says they won't give up their gun to look like a monster who just wants to play with his toys and get entertainment.

That's the goal! Already seen this thread mentioned in another, with some anti-gun poster claiming gun owners don't care about anyone, and would rather see people die than give up their guns. Perhaps we should ask them, "If you knew fifty lives wold be saved by your never again using the internet, would you stop?", then call them callous.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Gun shots recorded on cameras tend to have basically the same popping sound.

This is because the level of loudness overwhelms the sensitive mics on the camera and clips the sound wave.

In real life, our ears can certainly tell the difference. The shotgun and lever action rifle have a distinct booming sound, where as the 9mm and .22 revolver had a higher pitched popping sound.

If the mics are further away, it can give you a more distinct sound.

I believe the news is now reporting one of the guns was a Sig Saure MCX, not the same as any of my son's guns.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I have never and will never own a gun. No one in my family ever owned a gun and we were several generations living in New York city. My husband never owned a gun nor did he grow up in a home where there was ever a gun. Also several generations in NYC. If we didn't need a gun no one does.
Assault rifles have no place in society. They are weapons of war. Is a grenade launcher ok? A missile launcher or even a tank? But machine guns are a necessity? Not even in home defense do you need a machine gun. Unless it's a zombie apocalypse then all bets are off.

Well, bless you heart, isn't that special?? All that time in the crime capital of the world, and you were all unaffected! That's truly amazing. Now, please tell us how many of the rest of the people there have been affected by crime, and how many of those crimes could have been prevented if someone had been able to legally have a gun there.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

My family didnt get our businesses looted in the 90s during the Washington heights riots thanks to a 38 special.

NYC, Ive seen guns. They are out and about here. More than people think. ESPECIALLY now.

Guns are just part of the world. Its not particular to any place. Its a human capacity now and forever.

edit on 6 14 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
Do you plan on being attacked by a large team of terrorists?

Does anyone plan on that???

Really? If that's the best you have, you have nothing.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

My family didnt get our businesses looted in the 90s during the Washington heights riots thanks to a 38 special.

NYC, Ive seen guns. They are out and about here. More than people think. ESPECIALLY now.

Guns are just part of the world. Its not particular to any place. Its a human capacity now and forever.

Makes a difference! Some businesses in LA during the riots were protected by some of the guns some want to ban, as well. bans would not solve anything, and would make it worse. As for NYC, be careful! Not a place I would want to be these days, but nice to see that people understand they need to protect themselves!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Would I? Yeah probably. If someone told me (and I believed them) that 50 people would die if I kept my semi auto guns, yeah I love me but I'm not worth 50. If someone proved to me that 50 people would die if I didn't allow myself to get shot I would do it. There are a lot of people out there that I would gladly take a bullet in the head for. Would I think it appropriate to take those guns away from the millions of other people that have them and use them for things aside from entertainment? NO. I'm not going to give up freedom of speech to save 50 lives, and that is freaking hard to say. I'm not going to trade freedom and personal responsibility for comfort. I freaking KNOW that our freedoms make life uncomfortable.

I really don't think people in other countries comprehend what it's like in rural areas in the US. People live on acres and acres that butt up against wilderness and the nearest cop (and it's probably one on duty) may be a LONG way from you. There are actually dangerous animals in the US, there are actually dangerous people in the US (and they may have guns illegal or not) and if you're in the middle of you land out in the boonies a shotgun isn't going to do you much good against to men with rifles, or a couple boars, or coyotes killing your livestock which is your livelihood.

The US is BIG. I own a small piece of property, 10,000 sq. ft. lot and if someone was on the periphery I would want a rifle, handguns aren't accurate at that range, especially under duress. I would probably miss on occasion (cops do) so I wouldn't want to have to cycle a round manually every time. Do I need a 30 round magazine? I don't know, armed home invasions happen here and if I have to deal with 3 people and count on missing a few times it's going to be awfully nice to not have to reload.

Again, the US is BIG!. I can't stress this enough. So yeah, my paltry 10,000 sq. ft. lot isn't huge, but remember many people live on vast amounts of acreage.

We're a very different breed than people in other countries, and we've had guns for such a long time that banning them is impossible. You can ban them all you want, this isn't Australia where people will actually turn them in or where it would even matter if all the legal ones were turned in.

-----

If I personally had to give up my guns and my RIGHT to own a semi auto gun to save one life, I would do it. I would not trade the rest of my fellow Americans right's away, because I shouldn't ever have that power.

You do know that most of us gun owners hate the idea of ever having to kill someone right? It's one of my greatest fears. I have a concealed pistol license, and while I know I will be able to pull the trigger and kill someone to save my life or more importantly the life of someone else, I really don't freaking want to. I didn't start carrying a gun when I got my CPL because it took me awhile to figure out if I could live with myself if I ever had to use it. I've had a few experiences that made me want to get my CPL, but it was a definite moral dilemma initially. I feel like carrying a gun is a reluctant but correct choice. I carry a semi auto because it makes the most sense. Slim profile, more rounds, less recoil. I also just have a weird affinity with Glocks. They are my 1911 or HiPower.

-----

Dude, if you don't understand Americans and guns, you don't understand Americans and guns. There's a lot more to it than duck hunting or thinking we can overthrow the government or personal protection.

We get pissed when we're told we can't.

I think there's a flag on the moon.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

edit on 1520160620161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join