It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pareidolia pantomime; seeing the world as art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Pareidolia: Seeing images or pattern of images in something else.

Pantomime: A play or entertainment in which the performers express themselves mutely by gestures.

Put both of those together; and we get an entire world of art waiting to happen... or a layer of what we see on top of the world others do not.

I personally like to see reality as everything already has its own unique perfect beauty sometimes unseen in the hustle and bustle of everyday living.

Ive made some art, that takes ordinary objects to reverse this so we can be reminded to slow down and appreciate some beauty in something right there... a whole world unseen in the very seemingly normal droll and boring that is to the artist? Anything but when the world is a muse the whole world can be both beautiful and tragic. Tragic in what we dont or pretend not to see, beautiful in all we embrace.

I hope you all enjoy;

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Very cool, it's true you can look at any image or object(s) and see what you want to.

Making them into whatever you desire, in a sense.
edit on 14-6-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Isnt that how most people view the world already, looking for the similarity or samness in one another? What do you think would occur if we achieved that so called similarity or singularity of being?
edit on 14-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: cant type today hey thats become a normal it seems :p

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Almost the best part of my abstract work is the amount of figurative material viewers take from it. I worked as a video game texture artist under a brilliant art director/friend who taught me the skill of 'noise levels'.

I was a vision challenged child, who finally got glasses and started pulling every detail out of the world, and it sent me inward and outward simultaneously as art became my escape and eventually my journey.

My real challenge is to create work that is just barely figurative enough to allow viewers to all interpret it differently, just like clouds or patterns in bark. Nature has always been my best inspiration.

Thanks for the cool thread/topic and for sharing your cool work and ideas

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

So sort of a minimalist approach? Leading but not too much... like someone saying wheres the nearest gas station and you pointing isnt hopping in the car with them?

Ive ran across that a bit myself philosophy wise, kinda like the episode of Futurama when Bender meets "God" lesson or moral of the show at the end.

Well, hey unless I produce more? This currently it, Ive been asked and encouraged to by friends and I enjoy it and likely will but hey that takes time...

So, since this is community and I dont like soap boxes lets turn it into a gallery... that is if yourself; or anyone reading this has any they would like to share or produce under the genre of it?

I personally would like to see your interpretation of things myself, as someone that learned to view the world from such a unique prespective that you had to over come as what others saw as an adversity but you likely saw as just life as thats just what you lived with and learned to adapt and cope with making something out it... so it would be an honor to me to see your work if so inclined.

I know that sounds like pressure but I assure you its just wanting to see the world through your prespective and thats why I love art as being the entire world inner and outter.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Well thank you, it sure didn't feel like an obstacle, I just started creating and never stopped. I actually just started a thread with some of my process Process link

But I'm always glad to share, I love what I do and am glad it is a major part of who I am now. This is another new piece that I will working on more soon (probably today):

Coming up antlers 2016, oil on canvas, 16" x 20"

I just sketched this piece fast and loose directly to canvas, then refined and picked the best lines and shapes and it quickly turned into a oddly surreal landscape. Most my abstract work turns into landscapes and chunkily into a type of surreality. But after I got all the black lines laid out I set it down for a few months until I was going full on into color. For some reason there always seems to be a sun element in every piece I do lately, i love the sun apparently, lol!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

Love your use of color and patterning of textures... has a sort of 5th of May feeling to it. Very vibrant yet also dark, not morose but not cheerful but a happy medium of balance and easy on the eyes.

Thanks so much for sharing

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Oh yeah, there are patterns everywhere if you dare to take a closer look with a curious mind. I tend do do that quite often, actually most of the time.
You could easily add up coincidences and sense some patterns within them as well, which Jung called synchronicity. It's fun and boosts your creativity, so why not?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have noticed :p sorta kinda what this artwork is about... teasing on you of course, not really a curious mind, more apreciative of life and the world itself... beyond all the dogma of divide of course... the creativity humanity has and even other forms of life is interesting and quirky and well it nice to see personality... even cats and dogs have their own personalities if one really watches them and its neat how funny they can be, and the nice thing is knowing they dont take themselves too seriously like we do.

Im not really a synchronicity sort, I have my own schedule that varies based on mood and look at a clock maybe 3 times a week for no real purpose Im more curious as to what day it is more than what time it is and I look at that maybe 4 times a week. Always know the month and year though... so its not like Ive dementia or anything where all concetual time and space is twisted. I know some people are like that lose track of time, day, month, year and past present and future just kinda blends, of course Ive seen people that do keep track of that and yet their mind is still either stuck in the past or terrified when thinking about the future so they hide out in the past... kinda like a bounce over the present moment, due to not actually being present but attached to thoughts that are out of time or just memories and contemplating future.

Sort of mindless where when someone isnt doing dishes even if they are doing them, they are in tahiti drinking a pina colda with a lil umbrella, or rehashing or rehersing some dialog over and over again or playing some senario that... doesnt pay attention to the feel of the water, the way the bubbles sit, the texture of the sponge, and every swipe of it that cleans a little more. Its pure magic in itself, as you dont really think of those things just sort of become one with them not like zoned out either or sitting poolside where youd rather likely be than doing dishes... as its likely a task one has done so many times... you dont think about the water, the bubbles, the texture, or swipe... you just see it and feel it as it is occuring in nonattachment but not separate from it.

I mean where just sitting on the couch not doing a single thing but sitting can last hours and is just beautiful in and of itself...

No mind altering drugs of any sort for such a thing so please do not mistake or conceptualize of what I am speaking... its being one with impermanence of everything arising and passing moment to moment like a symphony appreciating each note as it passes as perfection itself.

Perhaps theres something not concidered normal about that... but I dont suffer at all and life is spectacular not having to do a single thing to feel happy or fulfilled.

top topics

join