It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are England Fans Being Gaoled But Russian Only Deported ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What's going on here then ?

England fans involved in brawls in France over last weekend are being put into The Nick.

Six England fans were jailed on Monday for their roles in the disorder.

However, Russians involved in the same brawls have not been sent down, just deported instead.

Meanwhile, groups of Russian fans are also being deported from France as a result of trouble at the tournament

The French don'r want to upset The Russians it would appear.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 14-6-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The UK is in the EU, Russia is not.

Different laws due to agreements etc.

Besides Russia is trying to crack down hard on these organised football gangs. Russian prison is far worse than French prison, so in a way the English fans got off lightly.

I wouldn't want to be those guys when they get back to Russia.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Is it possible that a review of CCTV footage and witness statements, reveals that the behaviour of the England fans was markedly worse than that of the Russian fans, or was seen to be an initiator for the ruckus in the first place? Could it be instead, that the French actually wanted rid of certain Russian fans from their country after seeing their behaviour, whereas they are prepared to entertain the presence of the English detainees, and thought putting them in the nick would be safer than letting them roam?
edit on 14-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Speculation and grammar edit.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Lot of the Russians were masked up.
The French will make far more money off the English fans than the Russians.

Kick a few straight out "pour encourager les outres " as they say.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
To all US members...Jail is Gaol in the UK.
It's like the strange people that name their kids GEoff and think it means Jeff over here.
Just figured I'd give some clarification since school is out and the younglings will be flocking and trolling soon.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: alldaylong

Is it possible that a review of CCTV footage and witness statements, reveals that the behaviour of the England fans was markedly worse than that of the Russian fans, or was seen to be an initiator for the ruckus in the first place? Could it be instead, that the French actually wanted rid of certain Russian fans from their country after seeing their behaviour, whereas they are prepared to entertain the presence of the English detainees, and thought putting them in the nick would be safer than letting them roam?

The Russians are markedly worse. The behaviour of the Russians thus far has been sickening.

Yes, the English have been caught up in a few scuffles leaving a black mark over the nation, however the Russians have been so disgusting that UEFA are threatening to remove them from the competition altogether. They are currently sitting on a suspended sentence. One more move, they are out.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
To all US members...Jail is Gaol in the UK.

Thanks, how about 'Nick' ?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Also jail, although the Nick tends to refer to the custody suite at a police station, rather than than a full on correctional facility.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

I think the progression is;
"Nick"= "steal".
Therefore "Nick" also = "arrest"- "You're nicked".
Therefore "Nick" = "place where criminals are taken"- either police station, or, ultimately, prison.
To sum up; If you get into the habit of nicking things, you will find yourself getting nicked and taken down to the local nick, after which you will probably find yourself spending time in the nick. "As a guest of Her Majesty" (i.e. in one of Her Majesty's Prisons).

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

In that case, my assumption would be that deportation would be the harsher sentence. If the English lads have been done for affray or disturbance of the peace (or whatever the French equivalent is) then they will be out in a few days I would have thought, if not just released when they are sober. There may be fines to pay.

The Russian fans will be deported, and will not be able to return in all likelihood, probably be barred from France for a period.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: manuelram16

I think the progression is;
"Nick"= "steal".
Therefore "Nick" also = "arrest"- "You're nicked".
Therefore "Nick" = "place where criminals are taken"- either police station, or, ultimately, prison.
To sum up; If you get into the habit of nicking things, you will find yourself getting nicked and taken down to the local nick, after which you will probably find yourself spending time in the nick. "As a guest of Her Majesty" (i.e. in one of Her Majesty's Prisons).

The Nick is where you go after been nicked by the police for nicking something

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

really? or are you getting your facts from MSM?

Oh, i know, i'll just pop in a gum shield and cover my face before i go beating people up after attending training camp ........ same MSM! [sarcasm]

I thought you were better than that

edit on 2016-06-14T10:57:29-05:002016Tue, 14 Jun 2016 10:57:29 -0500bTuesday5706America/Chicago1610 by corblimeyguvnor because: added MSM BS

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

If you look closely, you will see I offered an alternative theory to the one which you found so irksome, in the very post to which you are responding. Please read it again.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

They are on a suspended sentence but what happens in 2018 when Russia is hosting the World Cup and everybody's fans have to go over there?

I realise that is FIFA while the Euro's are UEFA so the suspension could/would be ignored by FIFA but the fans will still have to go over there on these guys home turf where they will have huge back up and access to a lot more weaponry etc

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

"Is it possible that a review of CCTV footage and witness statements, reveals that the behaviour of the England fans was markedly worse than that of the Russian fans, or was seen to be an initiator for the ruckus in the first place? Could it be instead, that the French actually wanted rid of certain Russian fans from their country after seeing their behaviour, whereas they are prepared to entertain the presence of the English detainees, and thought putting them in the nick would be safer than letting them roam? "

show me?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Show you? I already wrote the post, all you have to do is actually read it properly.

I mean come ON man, it's not written in bloody Swahili!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Some got 3 months for throwing bottles at the Police.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

Some got 3 months for throwing bottles at the Police.

Which will seem like a week on a beach in the Bahamas if they try doing this in Russia in two years' time.

top topics

join