It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just had an epiphany! Input wanted!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

There I read "don't, don't, don't know."
That sums up all you believe in?
I'm not talking about god, I'm asking for the reason why we would invent such a thing. Something driving us into madness. Something leading to mass killings. How come we are so successful and so self destructive at the same time?
Like toxoplasma gondii, which makes the mouse loose it's fear from cats, is it like that? But a population wide epidemic?
Isn't it maybe true we reached a barrier? Hit something we didn't see coming? Even physics is just mathematically proven philosophy nowadays.
Dark matter makes up 27% of the matter, we 5%, how possible is it "other" lifeforms exist? And take into account what variety we have on one planet and how much that is compared to the mass of our universe.

My thumb says five times as much as it is likely we exist.
What's your opinion on that? Do we exist?
edit on 15-6-2016 by Peeple because: Spell

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Dark matter makes up 27% of the matter, we 5%, how possible is it "other" lifeforms exist? And take into account what variety we have on one planet and how much that is compared to the mass of our universe.

My thumb says five times as much as it is likely we exist.
What's your opinion on that? Do we exist?

Hydrogen makes up for 74% of the matter in the universe. Carbon makes up for 0,46%

We are a carbon-based lifeform.

Since there's 160 more times hydrogen than carbon, it's 160 times more likely an hydrogen-based lifeform exists.

That's your logic right. You can't even realize how ridiculous and flawed it is. You just HAVE to pretend you understand science and probabilities and everything. But you just ridicule yourself when you try to use it to support your claims.

You claim that the more common a type of matter is, the more likely it is to become alive and sentient.

I have never read anything so ridiculous. The probability that matters becomes alive is based on its properties, not on its abundance. I hope some day you will realize how you are deluding yourself with your lack of critical sense and scientific education.

That's why you think I don't answer you. Because when I do, you lack the educational and critical background to see I actually did.
edit on 15-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I am deluding myself?
At least I can make a clear statement.
A strange intelligence outside of the realm of our indirect perceived reality is having an impact in our lives.
Since the time we collected stories, we warn each other not to mess with it.
Think about the greeks, hope and pray the gods look the other way.

It appears to be intelligent. That's also the conclusion of the French investigation into UFO, just a tiny dot on a large spectrum of all the woo I'm talking about.

All interaction has one thing in common, it has an impact on these people. Yes on their minds and yes we are all guilty for jumping to conclusions, but there is something messing with us through cultural memes, leading to self destructive behaviour.

You calculate I think.

Just a hint, it is not normal for a species to work hard towards its own extinction.
So if you have the feeling everybody is crazy and you're the last resort of reason: maybe it is true.
Brain invaders joke with a tiny bit of true...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I heard tinfoil hats work best to shield yourself from "its" memetic mind-control rays.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Exactly it's all good. Ridiculous.
Your attempted humour speaks volumes, passive aggressively implying I am a nut, because I stated the obvious.
Duck and cover. If it works for you.

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart
Yeah well don't want to burst your bubble but you basically reinvented gnosticism and archons and tons of other mythologies and fictions where humans are part of a bigger food chain.

Also I hope you realize it's a known and verified fact that humans are not isolated and are part of billions of relationships with their surroundings, from the bacteria they hosts to the animals profiting from our activities.

It's the opposite that would be surprising, not that we are part of a big web of interconnections, most we simply ignore during our daily routines

Couldn't have said it better. It's common knowledge of course we are part of others life circle.
All just old news.

edit on 15-6-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

because I stated the obvious.

The obvious existence of a sinister invisible sentient being of dark matter driving mankind toward self-extinction

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

All just old news

Exactly; 0 new content in this thread. Hardly an "epiphany". I keep saying it.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Your words not mine.
Me personally, I hope we can have a symbiotic relationship, but I would like to know what it wants, or takes from us?
Maybe they want to harvest our farts?
I repeat, the very high possibility it exists is the epiphany, not what I hope it is.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Me personally, I hope we can have a symbiotic relationship, but I would like to know what it wants, or takes from us?

It's easy. What's the common point between aliens, demons and greek gods?

Putting stuff in human butts.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

So we're prostitutes?
Why not, any possibility is equally valid at this point.

Strong fraction believe in oneness and love, others say we may be one of many dimensions, that's all guessing.
But it's a fact big parts we know nothing about, are very likely influencing us.
It's all connected somehow.
Everybody has their own taste and I can respect that.
There is something big. It appears intelligent.

How does it show?
Weird memories that didn't happen in this world.
Severe synchronicity syndrome.
Seeing things that aren't there. (And no that never happened to me, unless you want to say my ufo sighting was a hallucination me and a friend had at the same time)
Making people aggressive.
Make them obsessed with the unseen,
religious, esoteric, spirituality ideologies
makes them want to dominate.

I don't know what it is, but it sounds like we should figure that out?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I don't know what it is, but it sounds like we should figure that out?

Have you read Jacques Vallée? He had a very interesting take on it.

He says it's a "control system".

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Yes a little. But I can't say I fully agree.
It's really a barrier. Like all limits our imagination forces on us.
A hamster wheel made of cultural memes.

And it's not it, it is just an effect it has on us.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Yes a little. But I can't say I fully agree.
It's really a barrier. Like all limits our imagination forces on us.
A hamster wheel made of cultural memes.

And it's not it, it is just an effect it has on us.

Last time I checked, barriers are a control system... to either direct or to contain.

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Okay and what for? What exactly is contained or directed in this case?
I believe information, what do you think?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Okay and what for? What exactly is contained or directed in this case?
I believe information, what do you think?

Actually I don't think it's a barrier personally. I believe it's an interface. The point of contact between two different systems.

According to Vallée and mystics worldwide, the common effect of entering into contact with what is outside of the boundaries of the normal (thus contact with aliens, with spirits, with god or with any other form of extra-human consciousness) is the re-evaluation of one's outlook on life.

Sometimes the experience is painful and dominated by fear, and the subject suffers a great trauma later in life.

More often the experience is positive as the person rises above the limitation of materialism, duality an selfishness, and can continue living in a more fulfilling, enriching and relaxed way, becoming an agent of change and sharing this wisdom around.

This is very similar to what happens in all initiation systems. A kind of make or break moment where the old self is destroyed, and a new one is (or isn't) rebuilt on the ashes of the old one.

These observations tend to indicate that the effect (intended or not) of entering into contact with what I call the interface, or what he calls the control system, is to provide a psychological evolutionary leap. A jump to a new level of consciousness.

It's a catalyst for the evolution of consciousness IMHO. Think the black monoliths in Clarke's 2001 (again, nothing new, only old ideas)

Vallée OTOH noticed that in the case of UFOs, the experience is more often painful and deceiving, leading him to call them "messengers of deception".

That could very well mean that we are face with more than a single, coherent interface with an other reality, and that it might be much more complex. Part of it could be positive, part of it could be negative. Think the old angels/demons dichotomy.
edit on 15-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I agree. Hey, who'd have thought.

The interface, exactly the point were the perception, takes place, the artist formerly known as brain.
We are ridden like horses by something, pain, destruction, negative and delight, bliss, rewards, positive.

I guess there really is a whole universe we can't imagine, because we are bound to this one, the life would be so different we very likely never thought about it.
There is a lot going on making artists impressions of gas clouds and such, but what if it's stranger than that?

In between and all around is stuff going on, we can only see with the mind.
Once a flesh and meat observer lays eyes on it it will bloom.
Until then it lives in a possibility bubble just under the surface of our reality.
Because as I see it, a lot is literally "potential mass and energy".
Why not, maybe we are seeding life throughout the universe right now?
We got observation devices out there interacting for us. Observation already is manipulation if the subject notices.
And throw in time delay of light rays, vs instant communication, if quantum entanglement is "contained and directed".
The observation causing the wave to collapse is probably not happening on a frequency of light, microwaves, electric charge, right? It has to be smaller, or we would have noticed already.
Smaller things act strange to us, so why not quantum entanglement as instant communication for information between singularities of possibilities?

The story would be crazy. Says my kneejerk. Or the control loop?
They wouldn't even be alive in any way we understand it.
Pure self aware possibility clouds and (metaphor) their DNA is information, without the icky blood and bone stuff.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Hi,

Im just a lurker trying to follow along in this thread.

Dark matter/energy. Could you explain what the term refers to? Is it the observed discrepancies in the energy required to create the univers as it is vs the actual energy measured? If so, would this dark energy/matter really be a placeholder term for the fact that we cant account for the energy required to build the universe as we observe it to require.

This simplifies things somewhat as its not secret matter floating around that can secretly construct secret things, but just a discrepancy in where all the energy in the universe comes from.

Im not saying any of this points to god/s or anything.

Just that it points to the standard model being wrong.

Personally I believe Einstein and his relativity theory is mostly correct but was grasping at straws when it decided that since it cant account for gravity they were just going to make s up and get into geodesics, gravity warping space and time etc... what if thats the point where the standard model got it wrong?

I say find a better theory that can couple with relativity and quantum phenomena that explains how we get inertial mass and gravity and we as a species will be back on track to understanding the universe.

Like what if gravity isnt a fundamental force at all? Just a side thing that happens as a second degree order of a force we do understand(or at least thought we did, but failed to see its vastness and scope and in turn failed to see the forest for the trees. )

Could this fundamental shift in understanding this hypothetical process aid to understanding other phenomena such as parapsychology, entanglement, unification of forces and physics.

Could it also allow sentience to exist on a larger scale than we assumed exploiting this same hypothetical discovery.

To quote a unsubstantiated quote supposedly from ben rich of lockheed skunk works at a ucla engineer dept lecture before he died.

"There is an error in the equations. We now know what it is..."

Personally I think if we understand why "c" has a speed limit, the rest will unravel and reveal its self and the nature of inertial mass and gravity will be simply understood, and that its possible this discovery will open up highly plausible explanations to ideas such as sentient plasmas, quantum entanglement, paranormal, even dark matter and symmetry etc.

It all, in my opinion, goes back to einstein. He got it right, except for geodesics and gravity warping space time. And thats been our largest hamstring since thats preventing real progress instead of what we got now which is everybody scrambling to interpret observations to fit with a flawed model and in turn inventing stuff like dark matter and such to arbitrarily call it, assuming that this conjecture will somehow explain a flawed paradigm.
edit on 15-6-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

You are correct, dark matter and energy are basically placeholders to account for the discrepancies between our current models and the observed universe.

It could very well be an indication that our current theory is flawed/incomplete/incorrect.

Hence why I don't think it should serve as an hypothesis for even more theories (like it was done in here).

Hence also why I claimed that the current anomaly discovered at the CERN, that could lead to a re-evaluation of the current model, is much more interesting and potentially revolutionary. And why it is sad it doesn't get more exposure and interest on this board VS the more regular and highly controversial theories shared here, often based on misunderstood concepts ("holographic nature" of reality, uncertainty principle, observer effect, etc).

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Because you are the authority on what others are allowed to think?
"like it was done in here" a classic SpaceGoatFart.

I hate to tell you, you're an ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join