It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando shooter's classmate: He was gay

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: markosity1973
I don't believe anyone is "trying to to pin it on being gay" or "totally ignoring his radical Islamic ties" or wanna-be ties as the case may have it. Why "dirty distractionary tactic" and not the unveilinng of the complex and interrelated parts and perhaps illness as contributing factors?

Okay, I could have been more eloquent in verbalising that opinion.

I was not personally attacking any one person, more pointing out that certain groups with anti-gay agendas would love nothing more than to be able to say, 'he was gay, they were shot by one of their own, so it serves them all right.'

Being gay and coming out is sometimes a hideously complicated and traumatic experience as I can personally attest to. But it is the underlying negative social stereotyping (Islam in this case and Christianity it my own one) that is the problem. If being gay was as openly accepted as being left handed then there would be no issue.

It is also not true that every gay basher / bigot is a closeted homosexual themselves. Religious pressure is the key to this. Gay / not gay is a minor factor. Had he been taught that gay is okay, he would have no reason to do this.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
All hearsay yes.

But

If it is true, then yes negative religious stereotyping and pressure could have caused him to go postal. It does do that to gay people sometimes. Usually they (like I did) attempt or successfully manage suicide though.

This man was seriously unhinged and whatever his sexuality was, it does not undo the tragedy and loss of innocent life. Trying to to pin it on being gay while totally ignoring his radical Islamic ties is a dirty distractionary tactic.

Yep. That kind of dissonance would more typically result in suicide, and in a way, it did. I have gathered from his photos that he had a real fondness for his appearance, so we don't know what else was going on there. There may have been other personality disorders.

But instead of ending things quietly he might have chosen to "go out in a blaze of glory", by taking those who had the traits of himself that he so despised with him. The 911 call alleging his allegiance to isis was the moment he claimed that 'glory'.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I find it strange that now all the sudden the ex wife is jumping on the gay band wagon.

Than claims that the FBI told her to not say anything on American Media but goes to brazil and spills the beans. I guess she and the FBI hadn’t heard of the internet, lol

Uhm,

nypost.com...

A few outcomes come to mind:

1. Make it a hate crime against the gay community vs terrorism?

2. Use the information to disenfranchise the left against the Muslim community by bringing attention to Islamic stance towards the LGBT and women rights community?

3. Publicly smear the terrorist image to shame him and his family and not allow him to become a martyr or issis hero?

4. all the above?

edit on 19630America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jun 2016 08:19:57 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This was not a planned terrorist attack. Isis is probably embarrassed that he related it to them. THis was a mentally ill man who was very extreme in his thoughts and was able to buy guns and massacre people in a fit if jealous rage. This is an issue of guns. He should not of had such easy access to them.

Anyone who declares otherwise is blind to this. We need stricter laws. We all need to give a little on the gun issue in order to cut down on mass murders.

16 massacres in the past 8 years...SIXTEEN!!! THis is not normal, it is a GUN ISSUE!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Isis is probably embarrassed that he related it to them.

I believe you are wrong, If I recall correctly Isis praised him immediately after the event occurred prior to the gay stuff being released. Although I'm sure now after the Gay revelations they will dissociate themselves from him.

THis was a mentally ill man who was very extreme in his thoughts and was able to buy guns and massacre people in a fit if jealous rage. This is an issue of guns.

Is it also an issue with buying a pressure cooker ,car , or fertilizer that can not only be equally damaging but even more so?

However, you are right about the mental issue thing. The problem is that Mental issue is being overlooked in America, because the blame is being hyper focused incorrectly towards guns. You take away the guns they will find other methods.

The one thing I'm certain about is that neither one is going to be addressed by our politicians. Neither the problem with mental issue nor gun reform by the Gun and Ammo salesman of the year for the past decade: Democrats.

edit on 31630America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jun 2016 08:31:24 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Seems they've got her under wraps now.

[ABCNew with Video]

More information here too here on apps and club patronage, going back at least 10 years.

Well ISIS learn from the worst. They're just slimey opportunists. And deep down who knows what else there is in their own culture and soul, as TechniXcality mentioned a page back.
edit on 6/14/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying, but people do not buy pressure cookers or cars to kill. The main intent for buying an automatic rifle is to kill something, whether it be hunting or a massacre.

Stricter gun laws will not completely fix the problem, but it will lessen massacre deaths. 1 life saved is worth it.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I understand what you are saying, but people do not buy pressure cookers or cars to kill.

Not true, the Boston Marathon Bomb was a pressure cooker device. The Timothy McVeigh bombing which killed 168 people and injured over 600 was a truck filled with fertilizer. I don't think I have to expand on the use of planes. The point is , that taking away guns does nothing to address the real issue at hand with these senseless mass murders.

Focusing on guns is taking focus away from the real problem which is mental illness,hate,revenge and identifying why people are snapping at greater numbers than before.

edit on 29630America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jun 2016 09:29:06 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Mental illness is definitely an issue, however, easy access to automatic rifles is as well an issue.

edit on 14-6-2016 by veracity because: an

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A witness interviewed yesterday said that he had been to the club many times before and that he was on a few gay dating apps. Like John Wayne Gacy who denied being gay to the point that he killed every man he had sex with. Until one day his crawl space was filed and he had to put bodies under his driveway. Such conflict between his faith and his natural desires drove him over the edge.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah. But I think there's still more to it. His security and police connections. When a person has vulnerabilities or secrets there are always those who will exploit those as a means to an end. There's probably a lot more to this. Or a lot less. And gain, we'll probably never know, as the narrative is evolving and/or changing.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Mental illness is definitely an issue, however, easy access to automatic rifles is as well an issue.

However, Mental illness,ignorance,and hate are the underlying problem not guns. Follow the money.

Cars and pressure cooker are even easier to be had and equally lethal if not more, but their is no money to be made from vilifying cars and pressure cookers nor a lobbying industry behind them to benefit from the fear tactics.

Guns you vilifying and use fear tactics and you sell billions of guns and ammo that lobbying companies directly benefit from .

threatening to take them away only makes the Gun and Ammo lobbying industry record profits. Notice the pattern: Threaten to take them away then record sales occur and no regulations are passed.

Our politicians could care less about talking about the real problem or fixing the issue. All they care about is never letting a crisis go to waste, and when event such as these occur there is money to be had by talking about gun regulations. This is what is going on.

Having said that I would be interested to look into why guns are being used more often as of late versus cars and other methods of mass killings by the general population. Is it because its more dramatic or because of copycat syndrome of what others have been doing as of recent? Is it because they snap and have all these shinny guns laying around and they feel like using them on their way out?

Don't get me wrong I think removing guns will slow down the mass shootings as of recent , but I also think the killings saved by doing that will only be countered with more murders via home invasions, car jackings or other violent crimes by armed criminals. Also while it would initially slow it down it would also eventually climb back up with other means such as mass killings that don't involve guns.

My heartburn with this antigun stance every-time one of these horrific events occurs is that the scumbag politicians and MSM use it to sell guns and not a peep of mental issues,hate,ignorance is discussed which is the underlying problem.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Im saying this simple as can be...cant fix stupid, but we cant make it less easy for them to get guns

edit on 14-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

No one has easy access to automatic weapons. The weapons used were semi-auto. This lack of education about firearms is ridiculous. Before spouting off about what automatic weapons were used, perhaps a little research into what an automatic weapon is would be beneficial.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Im saying this simple as can be...cant fix stupid, but we cant make it less easy for them to get guns

Its harder to get a gun already than a car, pressure cooker, or fertilizer. You take the guns away and they will find other means.

Again, it would be interesting to look into why guns are being used versus equally deadly alternative tactics, but I think its not because of the ease of getting guns. I got a feeling that will lead to a deeper rabbit hole.
edit on 06630America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jun 2016 11:06:09 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

I did do research, I see the issue is semi-automatic weapons, I know what those are.

I understand the "gun-lover's" argument, however, they are not willing to budge one bit for the safety of all so I just hope the elected officials will make the right decisions in the future.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Um no. This is just a spin to make it look like a hate crime.
This was a terrorist attack.
- this mentalist was probably one of the smartest terrorists on a while. a wolf in sheeps clothing.
Careful research, planning, infiltration, execution.
50 + deaths, no bombs needed. A careful , precise, methodical, attack on a group he scoped and defined.

No one could have suspected him if he seemed 'non-threatning.

Yes, that's very important to the predominant agenda being pushed in the right-wing media.

By every definition this is a mass shooting. The motivation is mere speculation at this point.

What evidence do we have?

Shooter had no connection to organized Islamic Terrorist groups, per FBI.

Shooter did have connection to a community and probably an identity that severely conflicted with his religious upbringing.

Apply Occam's Razor.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

THey will find other means that do not take as many lives?

Or they will just off themselves and not take any lives?

Yes they will find other means, the possibilities are endless.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

THey will find other means that do not take as many lives?

Not likely, The plane crash on 911 and Timothy Mcveigh which caused the largest causalities involved no guns.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

lolo, thanks for taking half of my post and finding 2 examples to try and prove me wrong.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join