It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas June 1st talk on gun control has striking similarities to the Orlando event days later.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So, Obama in this (1 minute) clip is articulating to an audience member what he means by gun control and that he does NOT want to take guns away from law abiding citizens but instead wants to ensure that someone who is being watched by the FBI, and is an American citizen and has been visiting ISIS websites can not go and buy guns and kill people...

What I have said is precisely what you suggested, which is, why don’t we treat this like every other thing that we use? I just came from a meeting today in the Situation Room in which I got people who we know have been on ISIL Web sites, living here in the United States, U.S. citizens, and we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines, but because of the National Rifle Association, I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun.

This is somebody who is a known ISIL sympathizer. And if he wants to walk in to a gun store or a gun show right now and buy as much — as many weapons and ammo as he can, nothing’s prohibiting him from doing that, even though the FBI knows who that person is.

www.pbs.org...

I hope you are taking this in as the similarities between what Obama says are quite striking when compared to the Orlando massacre details. I mean, the killer DID have a history with the FBI , was a citizen, did buy guns just days before the shootings and claimed to be an ISIS supporter.

Almost as if he was issuing an instruction to a brainwashed candidate.
(disclaimer: he was NOT issuing an instruction to a brainwashed candidate)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Almost as if he was issuing an instruction to a brainwashed candidate. (disclaimer: he was NOT issuing an instruction to a brainwashed candidate)

I like the statement . The disclaimer is irrelevant as you started with "almost as if"

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Good find!!

I was suspicious of the timing already, and I hadn't heard that little speech. I tend to avoid them, whenever possible. I was thinking, with all of the anti-Trump violence pushing people to support him, the mounting allegations against Hillary, and the whole bathroom debate, this looked like a huge distraction. Add that in, and it looks even worse.

All in all, it seems clear, the push is to penalize people for thoughts, not actions, and to further curtail freedom, while shredding the Constitution.

You'd think his speech writers would be more careful.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Common sense gun laws, lol, as if anything is common sense in politics. Notice that earmark on page 1153 about anyone wearing belt looped pants should be tagged by the FBI as a threat to society.

top topics

join